Tennessee fans

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
Last night you got to enjoy one of the greatest minds of the game play in the Super Bowl. And he was a Vol.

But you also got to personally read the opinion of one the greatest players to ever take the field at UT, Travis Stephens.

Let that sink in for a minute. How blessed are we? I love Volnation!!!!

Go Vols!!

Reactions: 18 people
Last night you got to enjoy one of the greatest minds of the game play in the Super Bowl. And he was a Vol.

But you also got to personally read the opinion of one the greatest players to ever take the field at UT, Travis Stephens.

Go Vols!!

Well said. God bless Peyton, Travis and Freak.

From the "Signees" section of the 1997 Vol football guide.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-02-08 at 6.25.19 PM.png
    Screenshot 2016-02-08 at 6.25.19 PM.png
    313.2 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: 5 people

Go Vols!!

Where did we get to read this opinion? Please enlighten.

Hey, that program guide mentions the game I referenced:

"290 yards against Franklin County in first round of 1995 TSSAA playoffs"

VFL34 was faster that night than he was as a Vol. I think he was a junior. Travis was quicker than a hiccup.

And there was another guy in Clarksville's backfield named Lightfoot (or some such). He was a track sprinter and could fly. That year, the NE Eagle backfield was faster than the Vols. They ran some variation of the veer offense.

I hope Peyton retires, moves to Tennessee and gets the chance to relax, unwind, and watch his/our Vols play this fall from the comfort of his own home, the sidelines, or in the stands.

We are the #1 fans of the man from Tennessee!

GBO!!!

I hope Peyton retires, moves to Tennessee and gets the chance to relax, unwind, and watch his/our Vols play this fall from the comfort of his own home, the sidelines, or in the stands.

GBO!!!
He loves the game too much to just watch it being played. I hope he gets to participate by coaching the Tennessee quarterbacks. :)

Reactions: 4 people
Where did we get to read this opinion? Please enlighten.

See below

Let's get it one more time big p!!!!!! He is one the most honorable people I will know, with a huge heart. He was the king of many Prabks and laughs, and yet so proffesional. I think he is gonna come out slinging like the good old days tonight. Everyone needs to take this super bowl in and enjoy it no matter the outcome. You are watching one of the greatest football players to ever play the game in what is more than likely his final game. The legend, the sheriff, and mr everything; Peyton manning.

Reactions: 1 person
I look forward to the game this fall when the 3 super bowl winning VFL legends of the game and the comeback player of the year are welcomed home.......it should be a hoot

GBO!!!
He gonna live in Lousy-anna.

Only problem I ever had with Peyton was losing to Florida every year and the fact it wasn't until he left that we won the NC. That's how much I HATE losing to Florida and my only reservation about Butch. Beat Florida and you're gold to me. That being said...Peyton was a great Vol overall and a great face for the program. He loves UT and is a VFL so that means a lot...but man I hate Florida. I'd love for Peyton to come home in some capacity and be on the sidelines when we finally beat them.

Damn, 34, were you 13 when you signed?

A true sign one is getting old is when you go back to UT, and the college seniors look like they belong in junior high.

Only problem I ever had with Peyton was losing to Florida every year and the fact it wasn't until he left that we won the NC. That's how much I HATE losing to Florida and my only reservation about Butch. Beat Florida and you're gold to me. That being said...Peyton was a great Vol overall and a great face for the program. He loves UT and is a VFL so that means a lot...but man I hate Florida. I'd love for Peyton to come home in some capacity and be on the sidelines when we finally beat them.

:) You took the words right from my mouth w/this post. I agree with you 100% on this. I hate the Florida Gators & their arrogant fans more than any other team in sports.

Wasn't Peyton fault.We never could stop their offense.Their offenseand special teams killed us.Peyton threw a few int.s again't them but only because he was trying to do to much and we were usually behind.

VN Store

Back