Russell Wilson's Thank You Letter to Peyton

Thanks for the link.

Like Peyton, Wilson is impressive on the field and a class act off the field.

Reactions: 5 people
This is the kind of young man you root for and use as an example for your kids. He gets it....hopefully Newton will one day as well.

Reactions: 3 people
Very well spoken. If he wrote himself, he's an excellent writer, too.

I find it difficult to get my mind around just how many people Peyton and his family have touched. Many, many football players, some of them elite NFL and college QBs, of course. But even more ordinary people, like the family who lost their little boy, the folks in Chattanooga after the shooting, good people everywhere he has embraced just because they needed embracing.

He is undoubtedly the greatest of all time. And only about half of that is football.

Go Peyton. Go Vols!

Reactions: 11 people
Someone post this to Cam Newton's Twitter feed. Maybe he can learn something.

But, I doubt it.

Reactions: 6 people
Pretty sad that some on have to bring Newton into this. It has nothing to do with him. Newton acted badly, so what. Either he will learn from it or he wont. Its actually irrelevant with this thread.

Wilson is a class act and this letter just reiterates that. I wonder how many people Peyton has actually influenced and inspired? I can only assume its been a lot. Just another reason why he is one of the greatest and a once in a generation type of player. If this is Peyon's last year, the NFL wont be the same without him.

Reactions: 4 people
Super classy move by Wilson. My respect for him just went up a ton. If every young NFL quarterback had his attitude and respect, this world would be a better place.

Reactions: 1 person
Someone post this to Cam Newton's Twitter feed. Maybe he can learn something.

But, I doubt it.

Too bad Cam didn't go to one of his camps.

Yeah, ESPN had a poll on why people do not like him, which Cam basically started. I do not like him because he had laptop issue and money issue while at two different colleges. Then I find out he is ripping down signs now in NFL. Unless he changes, he will not be one fellow players or fans will respect.

manziel would have attempted to recover his own fumble

Reactions: 7 people
Lol @ Cam not being "respectable" to some of you guys.

I think most ppl are simply butthurt that Cam didn't give you all the "Ha! Take that!" moment after the game that you wanted after seeing him play the game his unique way all season. There is more than one way to do almost everything in life, and if a guy doesn't seem upbeat and excited about an embarrassing loss after working so hard to make it to the Super Bowl, why should he fake it?

He wasn't disrespectful, he paid respects to Peyton after the game, and he was within earshot of the other team gloating about the win during the interview. Dislike his demeanor or brashness on/off the field, but respecting him shouldn't be up for debate.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back