I'm gonna be drinking Budweiser now. Thanks Peyton.

ptcarter

Boomshanka! (Google that)
I gave my Doctor a mug of Bud and asked him what he thought. He said the horse was diabetic. bad-da boom!

So what is the story behind the two plugs towards Budweiser last night? Peyton saying he's going out and drinking lots of beer seems so out of character for him.

Do you think:
a) It was a paid endorsement and a money grab?
b) A favor to a friend for no $$$?
c) He just likes Budweiser.. who'd have known?

Would love to know the backstory on this. Share if you know.

This.

I'm not a fan. Gives me a headache. If I want an American lager I want a yuengling.

Ew. I'd rather drink beer from a trash can than that. Budweiser is not good but it's not bad. It's beer purgatory.
Apparently, Budweiser tweeted that they never paid him but are super happy he said that.

Reactions: 1 person
I gave my Doctor a mug of Bud and asked him what he thought. He said the horse was diabetic. bad-da boom!

So what is the story behind the two plugs towards Budweiser last night? Peyton saying he's going out and drinking lots of beer seems so out of character for him.

Do you think:

Pretty sure Peyton drinks Budweisers. I don't know about owning the distributor in Louisiana or whatnot.

1) Not the first time I've heard him say he wants to drink beers (in general).

2) I was at OCI one time back in the day and Peyton came in. Had about 30 Buds and Bud Lights on his table in the back corner.

Reactions: 2 people
Ew. I'd rather drink beer from a trash can than that. Budweiser is not good but it's not bad. It's beer purgatory.
Apparently, Budweiser tweeted that they never paid him but are super happy he said that.

Manning gave them a free $3.2 million in advertising.

Budweiser insists it didn’t pay Peyton Manning for that $3.2 million in free advertising - MarketWatch
Keeping a running tally on brand recognition at the game, sponsorship analytics group Apex MG Analytics said just one mention by Manning was worth about $1.6 million for Budweiser, meaning the beer-maker benefited to the tune of $3.2 million for those two mentions:

Surely he doesn't like Budweiser, that is one nasty beer

You are correct. However, if you don't know what good beer tastes like, Budweiser is probably tasty. I quit drinking years ago but, even then, would only drink imports. To each his own! GBO.

Celebrity endorsements of beer, or any other consumer product, make me hurl.
Especially when said celebrity already has more money than Croesus.
I'll take the small-market beer that doesn't spend millions on advertising (or need to).

30FCDFCA00000578-3436748-image-a-333_1454913887751.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
As I said last night, NFL players will soon be wearing NASCAR-esque stickers and talking about their Penzoil support teams.

He really should not have made that comment. It marred an otherwise fine post game commentary.

As I said last night, NFL players will soon be wearing NASCAR-esque stickers and talking about their Penzoil support teams.

He really should not have made that comment. It marred an otherwise fine post game commentary.

I'm with you.

Do you think:

Beer of choice for him. Good humor. No $$$ from Bud on the promotion. Out of character??? I think behind the scenes Peyton is probably a regular ole Joe that just happens to be one of the GOAT's. Remember the "mooning" incident at UT? :):):):)

Why?
He likes to drink it..

plus.. he didn't get any money from it so the nascar analogy doesn't work.

It was not what was expected in that moment....Nothing wrong with beer, but it just had an odd sound to it, and he said it twice.

I was disappointed he felt the need to say that (unless his team benefitted from him saying it and he did it for them).

VN Store

Back