Could Barnett/Vereen/Kongbo/Lewis

wmcovol

give the Vols the dominant DE play that Denver had last night?

Depth will be a big advantage for the Vols and Lewis & Vereen both played very solid down the stretch from bama on. Adding Kongbo could make them dominant.

I expected Barnett and Maggitt to be that last yr but we know what happened. Hoping for healthy seasons for these 4.

Reactions: 2 people
Certainly hope so!

One thing is for sure though, our opponents will set new record for HOLDING our Dlinemen! :banghead2:

Reactions: 1 person
give the Vols the dominant DE play that Denver had last night?

Depth will be a big advantage for the Vols and Lewis & Vereen both played very solid down the stretch from bama on. Adding Kongbo could make them dominant.

I expected Barnett and Maggitt to be that last yr but we know what happened. Hoping for healthy seasons for these 4.

Phillips please. Throw in Taylor while you're at it.

Reactions: 8 people
We don't have a Von Miller, but our defense will wreak havoc next year. I'm sure Barnett has his eye on UT's all time sack record before he leaves next year and becomes a first round draft pick.

D line will be the greatest strength for this team IMO. Pass rush city.

I'm still unsure of how well Kongbo will do from the start, but he has great people in front of him to learn from. Given that, I'm sure he will catch-on quickly.

Like I've mentioned before, Ainge says that Kongbo is a project since he has only played for 2 or 3 yrs.

Seems like every time someone mentions the DL, Phillips name is left out. Once he is healthy, he will be a significant contributor. Can't wait to see him play.

Reactions: 10 people
didn't he get a rs year at Utah?

It was at Wyoming, because he had basically only played a few competitive football games in his life at that point. He still has played in less than 20 meaningful football games up to this point in his career, so he will most likely be on a learning curve compared to most players his age. However, he is a physical freak with amazing athleticism and a surprising number of pass rushing moves in his arsenal, considering how raw he still is. Should be a lot of fun for us to watch him grow.

Never leave out Kyle Phillips in the D line conversation my friends.

When he gets 100% healthy he'll be just as good or better than anyone else on our D line.

He's incredibly hard to stop.

I agree we may really enjoy watching the Butcher learn and grow.

As long as our DB's do well our D should dominate like Denver did last night.

When talking about our D we have Very Fine Linemen!

One Orange Team made it all the way with some of our VFL's on the team.

Now it's our Big Orange Team 120's time to go all the way next season.

Climbing to the Top WIN by WIN...VFL...GBO!!!

You know, I was thinking the same thing. Hope Butch took notice last night. Defense wins championships! literally.

Others have already suggested Phillips and Taylor don't sleep on Butcher (who has a little added incentive)

Too, talk of Smith moving to put his hand in the dirt

Like I've mentioned before, Ainge says that Kongbo is a project since he has only played for 2 or 3 yrs.

He never played football till his Senior year in HS
5 games as a Senior in HS
Redshirted at Wyoming
moved on to Arizona Western where they were 7 w- 4 Ls so if he played in all 11 JC games that's 16 games under his belt in his lifetime. Now he is going into the best college football conference in the world.
Not sure if he will just come right in and take over.

Kyle Phillips though

What about Tuttle, we will have one bad azz defense next year, well we will have a BIG BAD ORANGE AZZ KICKING MACHINE, BOYS WE CAN TALK S@IT NOW WE CAN BACK IT UP LIKE THEW OLD DAYS, we are back Atlanta here we come and hopeful that bama will be there.

VN Store

Back