They said...

Big Orange Jeff

They said he was just living off his father's name, so he outworked the other, more athletic QB on the roster to become the Tennessee Vols' starting QB as a true freshman.

They said he was too skinny, so he worked his butt off in the weight room until he was named "Lifter off the Year" while at UT.

They said Ryan Leaf would be a better NFL QB, so he told the Colts GM, "If you pick me, I'll win you a championship. If you don't, I'll come back here and kick your ass."

They said there is no way a world-class football player can also be a world-class student (with the incredible demands the sport requires), so he graduated at the top of his class before the start of his senior season.

They said he'd never survive the rigors of the NFL, so he started the first 227 games of his career, only missing a single snap in his first eight seasons.

They said he couldn't be considered the best QB of all-time until his team won a Super Bowl, so he dragged the Colts kicking and screaming to a championship.

They said he'd never bounce back after taking a year off, due to spinal column issues, to be a successful NFL quarterback, so he had four neck surgeries, worked his way back, and was named league MVP for a record fifth time.

They said he should just retire after being sidelined by broken ribs, problems with his shoulder, loss of feeling in the fingertips of his throwing hand, and plantar fasciitis, so he came off the bench to lead his team to a come-from-behind victory to secure home field advantage through the playoffs.

They said he should go back to the bench for the playoffs since there was no way he could beat Bill Belichick and the Patriots to make it to the Super Bowl, so he improved his record to 3-1 vs the Pats in AFC Championship Games.

They said he now needed two Super Bowl rings to be considered the best quarterback of all time, which he had no chance of getting because the 17-1 Panthers were just to much for the Broncos to overcome, so he willed his broken body to do just enough to help his team win the Super Bowl.

I wonder what they'll say now.

#Peyton #Eighteen #TheSheriff #VFL #OmahaOmaha #GOAT

Last edited:
Reactions: 40 people
They said he was just living off his father's name, so he outworked the other, more athletic QB on the roster to become the Tennessee Vols' starting QB as a true freshman.

They said he was too skinny, so he worked his butt off in the weight room until he was named "Lifter off the Year" while at UT.

They said Ryan Leaf would be a better NFL QB, so he told the Colts GM, "If you pick me, I'll win you a championship. If you don't, I'll come back here and kick your ass."

They said there is no way a world-class football player can also be a world-class student (with the incredible demands the sport requires), so he graduated at the top of his class before the start of his senior season.

They said he'd never survive the rigors of the NFL, so he started the first 227 games of his career, only missing a single snap in his first eight seasons.

They said he couldn't be considered the best QB of all-time until his team won a Super Bowl, so he dragged the Colts kicking and screaming to a championship.

They said he'd never bounce back after taking a year off, due to spinal column issues, to be a successful NFL quarterback, so he had four neck surgeries, worked his way back, and was named league MVP for a record fifth time.

They said he should just retire after being sidelined by broken ribs, problems with his shoulder, loss of feeling in the fingertips of his throwing hand, and plantar fasciitis, so he came off the bench to lead his team to a come-from-behind playoff victory.

They said he should go back to the bench since there was no way he could beat Bill Belichick and the Patriots to make it to the Super Bowl, so he improved his record to 3-1 vs the Pats in AFC Championship Games.

They said he now needed two Super Bowl rings to be considered the best quarterback of all time, which he had no chance of getting because the 17-1 Panthers were just to much for the Broncos to overcome, so he willed his broken body to do just enough to help his team win the Super Bowl.

They will say he was the "Best Ever"!

Reactions: 2 people

They said he should just retire after being sidelined by broken ribs, problems with his shoulder, loss of feeling in the fingertips of his throwing hand, and plantar fasciitis, so he came off the bench to lead his team to a come-from-behind victory to secure home field advantage through the playoffs.

They said he should go back to the bench for the playoffs since there was no way he could beat Bill Belichick and the Patriots to make it to the Super Bowl, so he improved his record to 3-1 vs the Pats in AFC Championship Games.

It's amazing how little "they" know. Vol fans have known since 1994. Glad the rest of the world finally realizes it too!
Peyton Manning....simply the best.

At least he has no doubt that he will be loved and cherished in Tennessee for eternity!

Hard to believe now but there was some real debate among Vol fans in '94 about who should be starting after the Mississippi St game. Peyton Manning or Branndon Stewart?

Had there been a VN back then, I bet a slight majority of posters would have gone with Stewart because he was more like Heath Shuler.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back