Huffington Post writer says "good riddance" to Peyton Manning

Mark Levin calls this rag the huffing and puffington post. I'm ashamed I honored this 60 year old virgin with a mouse click. Peyton just won his 200th game because of white privilege? Please...I stopped reading at this point.

Reactions: 25 people
That dude is a troll. He's a playwright first and an author second. Guys like that live off drama and what surrounds it, especially the public's reaction to it.
David Macaray

He clearly has no idea who Peyton is. Peyton might have grown up in a family with money but he certainly never let it get to his head. He busted his butt working for what he's accomplished and never once stood in front of a camera claiming to be God's greatest gift to man. He's a humble gentleman, and a class act.

Reactions: 9 people
I seriously stopped reading at that point and I am not that guy, I normally read all the way to see if there is some semblance of a point. But that there made me realize this guy has no concept of college football or football on any level for that matter. This guy puts guaranteed millions on the line to play for a possible championship. The arrogant guy he is describing declares for the draft the second its possible. The guy bleeds orange and there has never been a second that was in doubt.

To equate that to arrogance blows my mind. That being said, all the hubbub about Cam is a tad silly here also on the forums. Expecting Cam to behave like Peyton is ridiculous as they are from totally different generations and backgrounds. You put any QB under 30 in that same situation and he reacts similarly. The funny thing is if say Brady did that no one would bat an eye.

I look at it like this you ask him the same thing an hour or 2 later you get a different reaction. Anyone here that has played sports at a high level if someone shoved a mic in your face minutes after a loss like that how do you react? Most would not have been half as "mature" as he was and he was in no way mature about it. I am a firm believer that the losing team should not be interviewed so close after a game. These are highly competitive guys that hate to lose and most do not have the temperment for such things... These guys are football players not politicians. Emotion is half of what lets them play on the level they do. Peyton is a rare exception Cam is actually more the norm among athletes.

I think everyone that played in that game deserves some respect for playing their hearts out. Given he had never in the life likely seen a pass rush near that I think he did a great job at being able to say anything in the interview. The kid was likely still shell shocked.

tldr version: F U huffington post, lay off Cam.

Reactions: 6 people
I have mixed feelings about Peyton and his career but that guy is a straight up duche bag.

Keep clicking on the article and making it worth their while to write and post these type articles. You people do know you are doing EXACTLY what they want right?

Reactions: 9 people
That article was an absolute joke. The Huff post needs to revoke his privledge to write for them.

Keep clicking on the article and making it worth their while to write and post these type articles. You people do know you are doing EXACTLY what they want right?

Op Eds are just journalistic trolling at this point. The only reason to click on any is for the lols.

Reactions: 1 person
What about the arrogance Cam Newton has shown all year?

To liberals.....only middle aged white Christian men are capable of this....

Cam is just having fun and if you call him out you are just plainly a racist.

....I personally like Cam, he is a ****ing baller and was mvp of the season plus he helped win me some fantasy football money!

It's always a double standard witht he left though....always....

Reactions: 2 people
Manning haters getting one more shot in before he goes.

You know they are reaching when they condemn him for having the unmitigated gall to stay in school for his senior year.

Hater Nation is crying right now. The tears are delicious.

Reactions: 8 people
Consider the source regardless of political view. The huffin' po is in Al Jazeera territory for worst fantasy media in the world.

Reactions: 5 people
Click bait.

Highly inflammatory title for an article about a well respected sportsman? Check
Likely inflammatory information in said article? Probably a Check
Guaranteed to get the dander up of at least three fan bases? Check

I'll pass.

Reactions: 5 people
Click bait.

Highly inflammatory title for an article about a well respected sportsman? Check
Likely inflammatory information in said article? Probably a Check
Guaranteed to get the dander up of at least three fan bases? Check

I'll pass.

This.

The huffington post is an editorial new outlet. There are a couple of facts, interspresed with comments presented as fact to align any issue towards the writers agenda.

Just think, Yahoo! and Google do the same, except that cull the articles towards an end.

Read everything with critical thinking skill.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back