If Peyton.....

ReBellVol

becomes our new QB coach I'm not really sure what I'd do. QBs near and far would sign up to play for us.

Reactions: 2 people
Time for Peyton to announce tomorrow he's retiring and taking the position of QB coach for the Vols in 2016. He can then guide Josh Dobbs as UT gets a victory over UF, a Heisman for Dobbs, and a National Championship. His resume would finally be complete.

Reactions: 2 people
Time for Peyton to announce tomorrow he's retiring and taking the position of QB coach for the Vols in 2016. He can then guide Josh Dobbs as UT gets a victory over UF, a Heisman for Dobbs, and a National Championship. His resume would finally be complete.

Peyton won't be making any announcements tomorrow....he said he was going to drink a lot of Budweiser tonight. In fact he said it 2 times. I wonder how much $$ he got for that. You know he did....love Peyton!

Reactions: 1 person

Never going to happen.. Next stop is to the LA Rams as special advisor then to President once their new stadium is built.. Book it...

Peyton won't be making any announcements tomorrow....he said he was going to drink a lot of Budweiser tonight. In fact he said it 2 times. I wonder how much $$ he got for that. You know he did....love Peyton!

Yea, he's getting paid!

it was VERY OBVIOUS!!!

I suspect he got more form BUDweiser than from Disney.....

he is still MY roll model..I hope that Bud LIGHT is OK!?!?!?!?

it was VERY OBVIOUS!!!

....................as an afterthought............... I would have said the same thing, with or without an endorsement.
but I'm not as smart as a Peyton..............

I actually found it very humanizing that he said he was going to drink beer (Bud, who cares). He's just a guy that is going to party tonight, and justifiably so. And if he got paid a pocket load of cash for saying "Budweiser", then good on him. I would, too! Just because he drinks beer does not make him a horrible role model. Sheesh.

Peyton would be a horrible QB coach. He wouldn't understand why his QB couldn't see the things he saw. You can't teach some things, which is why the greats in pretty much every sport suck at coaching. As a GM or something though... he understands the game better than almost anyone.

it was VERY OBVIOUS!!!

The BUD money is a drop in the bucket compared to his Papa John's money. Buying multiple stores in Colorado just as they make pot legal. Brilliant.

Peyton didn't get paid (Budweiser reps have already said so). It was a witty, and very funny Peyton way, to announce his retirement (active players can't endorse beer) without taking the spotlight away from his team. A hat tip, if you will, that both Roger Godell and Jim Nantz picked up on. Both tried to give him the spotlight and he wouldn't take it. He's exactly what we all know he is, pure class.

Peyton would be a horrible QB coach. He wouldn't understand why his QB couldn't see the things he saw. You can't teach some things, which is why the greats in pretty much every sport suck at coaching. As a GM or something though... he understands the game better than almost anyone.

Peyton is such a perfectionist. He would recognize where his QBs are messing up. Working with an OC, he would also invent check-offs and change them up often enough to keep other teams guessing. He would also be able to recognize where their mechanics are flawed. I believe he could do it if he wanted to.

Where he might have a problem is if he looses his patience with them. He has worked with alot of QBs in the Manning passing academy, but if they bring in a really raw guy that does not have his work ethic right away, he probably would run them off. And no, that is not always a good practice.

Does the OP think he will be the QB coach for free ? How many QB coaches make more than the actual HC ? His family runs the QB camp and the UT QBs always go to it -- give the coaching idea a rest

Does the OP think he will be the QB coach for free ? How many QB coaches make more than the actual HC ? His family runs the QB camp and the UT QBs always go to it -- give the coaching idea a rest

I agree he won't be a coach. But I bet he spends some time working with the quarterbacks at Tennessee just to stay connected with that team feeling and to support the university that he loves.

Peyton will never coach in college.

College coaching is far to time consuming and he would also lose money in college ball.

With his 100% dedication and amazing work ethics he may be too demanding to become a good coach.

He'd be a excellent NFL General Manager to evaluate talent and build a winning team for the coaches to teach.

He'll probably be offered huge money to be on TV.

A smart, classy, hard working guy like Peyton will have more offers than we could list here.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

I actually found it very humanizing that he said he was going to drink beer (Bud, who cares). He's just a guy that is going to party tonight, and justifiably so. And if he got paid a pocket load of cash for saying "Budweiser", then good on him. I would, too! Just because he drinks beer does not make him a horrible role model. Sheesh.

As long as he's not throwing at cars later..??

I agree he won't be a coach. But I bet he spends some time working with the quarterbacks at Tennessee just to stay connected with that team feeling and to support the university that he loves.

Pretty sure he will do that --

Peyton Manning will do whatever Peyton Manning decides he wants to do.

And whatever that ends up being, he'll do a damn good job at it. I have always expected him to use his degree and go into broadcasting...until, that is, the last few months. Now I have the feeling that at least for a while, he's going to concentrate on healing his body and raising his kids.

You go, Peyton.

VN Store

Back