Congrats from a Panthers fan

Other_Guy

foolishFool
Very happy for Peyton. Panthers aren't going anywhere, so easily the easiest loss for us UT Panther fans.

Reactions: 9 people
Very happy for Peyton. Panthers aren't going anywhere, so easily the easiest loss for us UT Panther fans.

Kinda a win win for you this year. But hey us VFL's will stick together. Been a lurker for a long time, but all together a big win for volnation I was 6 years old when Peyton started his first game for the vols. I watched but really didn't understand the game but 21 years later I'm grateful I had a dad that instilled a love for my vols that will never fade!!! Come hell or high water GBO!!! I'll be singing rocky top tonight! Congrats Peyton! You deserve it!

Reactions: 2 people
Me too. I would have pulled for the patriots against Carolina, and I HATE the patriots.

We're the panthers classless under Fox when they played in the super bowl? Steve Smith always ran his mouth, but Jake Delhomme always seemed like a class act.

We're the panthers classless under Fox when they played in the super bowl? Steve Smith always ran his mouth, but Jake Delhomme always seemed like a class act.

They weren't classless under Fox. Talib is classless, but the other 52 guys on the broncos were classy. Teams take the identity and attitude of its leaders. Peyton and Kubiak are classy.

Reactions: 1 person

In a weird way I get what you are saying. I'm a Saints fan and when they beat the Colts I was torn for the whole game. Im a VOL first and with that comes being a Peyton fan.

They weren't classless under Fox. Talib is classless, but the other 52 guys on the broncos were classy. Teams take the identity and attitude of its leaders. Peyton and Kubiak are classy.

Agreed..... Talib is a problem. I would venture to say that he cost the Broncos a TD over field position that he puked away.

The Panthers played well? Which game did you watch? Their D played well but their O stunk.

They stunk, because the Bronco's D came at them in ways they were not expecting. Carolina looked unbeatable for most of the season, but Denver made their offense struggle all night long.

4 turnovers, a bazilllion penalties...that always helps.

In Super Bowl 6, the Dolphins lost to Dallas, but had the only perfect season in the Super Bowl era, in league history the next season.

Carolina has the players coming back to win it all next year. They were, for most of the season, the most dominate team in the league. No reason to believe they won't be dominate next year.

Last edited:
Agreed..... Talib is a problem. I would venture to say that he cost the Broncos a TD over field position that he puked away.

I said the exact same thing to the buddy I was watching the game with. He was definitely a liability for us there for a couple of series.

Gosh, are you ever correct on that! #21 should be traded after that embarrassment. I chalk that up to just total stupidity. I'm sorry.

But, the guy's so good he would be hard to replace. So, :whistling:

In Super Bowl 6, the Dolphins lost to Dallas, but had the only perfect season in the Super Bowl era, perhaps ever in league history the next season.

Carolina has the players coming back to win it all next year. They were, for most of the season, the most dominate team in the league. No reason to believe they won't be dominate next year.

I would agree. They were awesome.

But, if Denver can negotiate in some sort of quality QB ... then that D!

Gosh, are you ever correct on that! #21 should be traded after that embarrassment. I chalk that up to just total stupidity. I'm sorry.

But, the guy's so good he would be hard to replace. So, :whistling:

If I'm Elway, my 1st draft pick is Talib's replacement!

Nobody's talented enough to overcome stupid. Grown men playing professional sports getting paid $millions...if you can't behave professionally on the field then kick rocks. If I'm running the Panthers, the DB with the super long dreads is gone next year also.

We lived in Charlotte and the Panthers were very approachable and took time for the kids and fans every year during their training camp. My son was torn because he still loves them because of how good they were to him back then. He still has his Jake Delhomme autograph.

Reactions: 1 person
The Panthers kept Greg Hardy as an active player on their roster. The known woman beater (beat her to the point she wished he would just kill her and then threw her on a pile of assault rifles) and only finally released him after endless pressure from the NFL/media.

Sure one of the best corners in the league should be traded because he had an unsportsmanlike call for intense trash talking and a touchdown saving face mask.

In before he's still a dumb dumb eye poker :)

In Super Bowl 6, the Dolphins lost to Dallas, but had the only perfect season in the Super Bowl era, in league history the next season.

Not saying they won't do well, but they did have the added benefit of the lowest strength of schedule in 2015 ... twelve games against defenses ranked in the bottom half of the league. I think they'll have a difficult time replicating this success.

The Panthers kept Greg Hardy as an active player on their roster. The known woman beater (beat her to the point she wished he would just kill her and then threw her on a pile of assault rifles) and only finally released him after endless pressure from the NFL/media.

Sure one of the best corners in the league should be traded because he had an unsportsmanlike call for intense trash talking and a touchdown saving face mask.

In before he's still a dumb dumb eye poker :)

He played one game, was inactive for the remainder of the season, and they made no attempts to resign him as a free agent.

I am largely indifferent toward the Panthers organization but reference them since they matched up in the SuperBowl. Those calling Denver's #21 classless and saying he should be traded because gee gosh golly he's an embarrassment is laughable. He cost his team 15 yards and about a 1.5 yards on two penalties.

Whereas someone who unequivocally caused harm to innocent persons by being found guilty in July of assaulting a woman was kept on the team as an active player in season. It was around the time the Ray Rice tape leaked that Hardy was removed from the active roster by the commissioner. Coach Ron Rivera was on record as being comfortable with him to continue playing but the climate had changed. Furthermore Rivera continued advocating for Hardy to be reinstated from the "exempt list" so he could resume playing weeks into the season.

Merely offering a perspective of what is a true embarrassment to a team versus being a bonehead within the game.

I am largely indifferent toward the Panthers organization but reference them since they matched up in the SuperBowl. Those calling Denver's #21 classless and saying he should be traded because gee gosh golly he's an embarrassment is laughable. He cost his team 15 yards and about a 1.5 yards on two penalties.

Whereas someone who unequivocally caused harm to innocent persons by being found guilty in July of assaulting a woman was kept on the team as an active player in season. It was around the time the Ray Rice tape leaked that Hardy was removed from the active roster by the commissioner. Coach Ron Rivera was on record as being comfortable with him to continue playing but the climate had changed. Furthermore Rivera continued advocating for Hardy to be reinstated from the "exempt list" so he could resume playing weeks into the season.

Merely offering a perspective of what is a true embarrassment to a team versus being a bonehead within the game.
Let me guess...Broncos Fan since 2011? jeez. don't fall of that high horse...hate for you to bump your head.

VN Store

Back