10/22 Bye
10/29 S. Carolina @ away win UT 38-27
11/5 TN Tech @ home win UT 52-6
11/12 Kentucky @ home win UT 27-16
11/19 Missouri @ home win UT 24-14
11/26 Vanderbilt @ away win UT 31-10

11-1 overall

Just another orange glasses preseason predictions thread for fun. GBO

Obviously that four game stretch is gonna be rough. If we come through that 3-1, I'd be really happy with that result and a place in the SEC Championship.

I just hope that if we lose to Florida again, the team doesn't carry that to Athens the following week. A loss there too could be detrimental to the season going to College Station.

Refuse to predict a victory vs Florida. 10-2 losses to Florida and Bama. 9-3 potentially if we lose to florida and melt down the next week like we did this year vs Arkansas

Reactions: 2 people
King Kongbo ends up w/15 QB sacks this year along w/Barnett's 12.

I know this isn't related to this thread but wth are you thinking here? Why is do people think that new recruits are always good enough to step in and be better than our current talent. Barnett is special and Kongbo has not proven anything yet. If Phillips is healthy, I think he will be better than Kongbo. Barnett is about to have an AA year, book it.

Back to the thread, double digit wins and hopeful for 11-1.

Reactions: 5 people
9/3 App St. @ home win UT 52-17
9/10 V Tech @ Bristol win UT 34-16
9/17 Ohio @ home win UT 49-7
9/24 Florida @ home loss UF 24-23
10/1 Georgia @ away win UT 37-34
10/8 TX A&M @ away win UT 31-14
10/15 Alabama @ home loss Bama 27-24
10/22 Bye
10/29 S. Carolina @ away win UT 21-14
11/5 TN Tech @ home win UT 56-0
11/12 Kentucky @ home win UT 55-13
11/19 Missouri @ home win UT 20-3

10-2, Vols backdoor into ATL due to UF not being good.

SECCG: Vols 31, Bama 27 in the rematch

UT barely misses the playoffs with a #6 final rank

Vols 40, Notre Dame 28 in the Sugar Bowl

12-2 final record

Reactions: 4 people
9/3 App St. @ home win UT 45-13
9/10 V Tech @ Bristol win UT 41-20
9/17 Ohio @ home win UT 51-12
9/24 Florida @ home win UT 27-14
10/1 Georgia @ away win UT 21-16
10/8 TX A&M @ away win UT 49-35
10/15 Alabama @ home loss Bama 14-12
10/22 Bye
10/29 S. Carolina @ away win UT 38-27
11/5 TN Tech @ home win UT 52-6
11/12 Kentucky @ home win UT 27-16
11/19 Missouri @ home win UT 24-14

11-1 overall

Just another orange glasses preseason predictions thread for fun. GBO

I think you give A&M who is going to have a new qb in their system and SC who has a dumpster fire as a OC and a piss poor qb waaaay too many points sir

12-0 regular season, replaced goal posts, wins over ND and Clemson to win the Natty

Reactions: 1 person
I know this isn't related to this thread but wth are you thinking here? Why is do people think that new recruits are always good enough to step in and be better than our current talent. Barnett is special and Kongbo has not proven anything yet. If Phillips is healthy, I think he will be better than Kongbo. Barnett is about to have an AA year, book it.

Back to the thread, double digit wins and hopeful for 11-1.

Kongbo is out of JUCO though, and they don't take as long to catch up as new guys right out of high school.

I don't know how any of those guys will have over 10 sacks with Phillips, Tuttle, and McKenzie looking to get sauce on their bibs too.

I think Phillips is gonna make the transformation into a monster this year.

9/3 App St. W (1-0) Walk away win. Don't expect much finesse in this game as the offense will be pure vanilla as not to give anything away. But watch the defense have a field day.

9/10 Va Tech @ Bristol W (2-0) Both teams will be pumped up for what will undoubtedly be touted as the premier game of the early season. Both teams have something to prove, UT that it belongs back in the elite ranks, Va Tech that it's "back" under a new coach. But I think UT pulls away in the second half to seal the win with an exclamation point.

9/17 Ohio W (3-0) The OOC cupcakes are always a good time to showcase your talent. But Ohio is a scrappy little team that tends to do okay within the MAC. And coming off a (likely) win at a P5 school (Kansas) the week prior will give them a little more boost than normal. But UT shuts them down offensively and cruises to the third win pushing us closer to Top 10 territory if not into it.

9/24 Florida W (4-0) I won't ever say a Florida game will go the way someone plans. And even with a "young" Florida team, there is still that fact they are Florida and it's never easy. But I think UT has something to prove and the defense ends up pushing the Florida offense to the brink. This game will be decided by less than a touchdown and in the 4th quarter. But UT pulls away late and the defense makes a huge stop this time.

10/1 @Georgia W (5-0) It's not going to be easy going into Sanford to play what should be a resurgent UGA team. And first year coach Kirby Smart has something to prove as well. The loss from 2015 will sting and they will be out for blood. Expect a huge effort from Chubb since his aborted Heisman attempt in 2015. But with a young QB and new offensive scheme, I feel like the offense will be one dimensional. But UT gets good pressure and stops and ends up with the win.

10/8 @TAM W (6-0) With their program currently soaked in gasoline and waiting for a match, I feel Sumlin will be playing not to lose instead of to win. And a Chavis defense is never anything to take lightly. But all in all, I think UT grinds out a good balanced game and comes away with the win.

10/15 Alabama L (6-1) Tough game to call. Home game and likely two undefeated teams. And with the buzz from Game Day (I'd bet pennies to dollars they show for this game) it will be a huge match. But UT has been through a tough schedule for six games. But Alabama also has been through six games without a break as well. Both teams will be fatigued and injured, but Bama pulls away at the end.

10/22 Bye We win this. Period.

10/29 @ USCe W (7-1) Even with recruiting and a new coach, USCe has a couple of years to go before bouncing back into a contender. UT pretty much owns USCe as of late and even with that annoying Sandstorm song playing, UT puts this one away early.

11/5 TN Tech W (8-1) The round robin of in State teams is nice for the smaller programs, but more like a late season scrimmage for the dominate team. UT puts this one away easily in the first half and gives the second and third stringers a chance for some quality game time.

11/12 Kentucky W (9-1) With the SEC East title and a trip to Atlanta within their grasp, the UT defense pounces on the unsuspecting Kentucky offense while the UT offense comes away with a resounding win.

11/19 Missouri W (10-1) With the team in rebuilding mode and after a lackluster recruiting class, Mizzou will be hard pressed to score on what's being termed as a dominate defense. UT's offense will go into overdrive to seal the deal on going to Atlanta from a well balanced air and ground attack.

11/26 @Vanderbilt W (11-1) Even with the game being played in Nashville, expect a sea of orange at this game as the 1-10 Commodores struggle to gain an offensive and defensive identity under their interim head coach. UT doesn't go full speed ahead on this one as their sights are set on Atlanta, but still outscores Vandy by a huge margin over the course of three quarters.

12/3 SECCG @ Atlanta vs Alabama W (12-1) The game that will decide the SEC representative in the Playoffs. Both teams will be ready to fight as this turns into a full on charge to see who can come out on top. UT takes a late lead from Bama and ends up making a critical 4th and long stop deep within Bama territory. After punting, UT manages one more first down attempt and seals the game by being able to take a knee and eat up the clock. Trailer parks all around Bama go up in flames as "FAHR SABAN!" chants are heard Statewide.

That's as far as I'll go.

Reactions: 13 people
Appalachian State-Win 1-0
Virginia Tech-Win 2-0
Ohio-Win 3-0
Florida-Loss 3-1(0-1)
@ Georgia-Win 4-1(1-1)
@ Texas A&M-Win 5-1(2-1)
Alabama-Loss 5-2(2-2)
@ South Carolina-Win 6-2(3-2)
Tennessee Tech-Win 7-2(3-2)
Kentucky-Win 8-2(4-2)
Missouri-Win 9-2(5-2)
@ Vanderbilt-Win 10-2(6-2)
*SEC Championship* Alabama-Loss 10-3(6-3)
*Sugar Bowl* Baylor-Win 11-3(6-3)

9/3 App St. W (1-0) Walk away win. Don't expect much finesse in this game as the offense will be pure vanilla as not to give anything away. But watch the defense have a field day.

9/10 Va Tech @ Bristol W (2-0) Both teams will be pumped up for what will undoubtedly be touted as the premier game of the early season. Both teams have something to prove, UT that it belongs back in the elite ranks, Va Tech that it's "back" under a new coach. But I think UT pulls away in the second half to seal the win with an exclamation point.

9/17 Ohio W (3-0) The OOC cupcakes are always a good time to showcase your talent. But Ohio is a scrappy little team that tends to do okay within the MAC. And coming off a (likely) win at a P5 school (Kansas) the week prior will give them a little more boost than normal. But UT shuts them down offensively and cruises to the third win pushing us closer to Top 10 territory if not into it.

9/24 Florida W (4-0) I won't ever say a Florida game will go the way someone plans. And even with a "young" Florida team, there is still that fact they are Florida and it's never easy. But I think UT has something to prove and the defense ends up pushing the Florida offense to the brink. This game will be decided by less than a touchdown and in the 4th quarter. But UT pulls away late and the defense makes a huge stop this time.

10/1 @Georgia W (5-0) It's not going to be easy going into Sanford to play what should be a resurgent UGA team. And first year coach Kirby Smart has something to prove as well. The loss from 2015 will sting and they will be out for blood. Expect a huge effort from Chubb since his aborted Heisman attempt in 2015. But with a young QB and new offensive scheme, I feel like the offense will be one dimensional. But UT gets good pressure and stops and ends up with the win.

10/8 @TAM W (6-0) With their program currently soaked in gasoline and waiting for a match, I feel Sumlin will be playing not to lose instead of to win. And a Chavis defense is never anything to take lightly. But all in all, I think UT grinds out a good balanced game and comes away with the win.

10/15 Alabama L (6-1) Tough game to call. Home game and likely two undefeated teams. And with the buzz from Game Day (I'd bet pennies to dollars they show for this game) it will be a huge match. But UT has been through a tough schedule for six games. But Alabama also has been through six games without a break as well. Both teams will be fatigued and injured, but Bama pulls away at the end.

10/29 @ USCe W (7-1) Even with recruiting and a new coach, USCe has a couple of years to go before bouncing back into a contender. UT pretty much owns USCe as of late and even with that annoying Sandstorm song playing, UT puts this one away early.

11/5 TN Tech W (8-1) The round robin of in State teams is nice for the smaller programs, but more like a late season scrimmage for the dominate team. UT puts this one away easily in the first half and gives the second and third stringers a chance for some quality game time.

11/12 Kentucky W (9-1) With the SEC East title and a trip to Atlanta within their grasp, the UT defense pounces on the unsuspecting Kentucky offense while the UT offense comes away with a resounding win.

11/19 Missouri W (10-1) With the team in rebuilding mode and after a lackluster recruiting class, Mizzou will be hard pressed to score on what's being termed as a dominate defense. UT's offense will go into overdrive to seal the deal on going to Atlanta from a well balanced air and ground attack.

11/26 @Vanderbilt W (11-1) Even with the game being played in Nashville, expect a sea of orange at this game as the 1-10 Commodores struggle to gain an offensive and defensive identity under their interim head coach. UT doesn't go full speed ahead on this one as their sights are set on Atlanta, but still outscores Vandy by a huge margin over the course of three quarters.

12/3 SECCG @ Atlanta vs Alabama W (12-1) The game that will decide the SEC representative in the Playoffs. Both teams will be ready to fight as this turns into a full on charge to see who can come out on top. UT takes a late lead from Bama and ends up making a critical 4th and long stop deep within Bama territory. After punting, UT manages one more first down attempt and seals the game by being able to take a knee and eat up the clock. Trailer parks all around Bama go up in flames as "FAHR SABAN!" chants are heard Statewide.

I'd take that any day of the week!

Appalachian State-Win 1-0
Virginia Tech-Win 2-0
Ohio-Win 3-0
Florida-Loss 3-1(0-1)
@ Georgia-Win 4-1(1-1)
@ Texas A&M-Win 5-1(2-1)
Alabama-Loss 5-2(2-2)
@ South Carolina-Win 6-2(3-2)
Tennessee Tech-Win 7-2(3-2)
Kentucky-Win 8-2(4-2)
Missouri-Win 9-2(5-2)
@ Vanderbilt-Win 10-2(6-2)
*SEC Championship* Alabama-Loss 10-3(6-3)
*Sugar Bowl* Baylor-Win 11-3(6-3)

What a negative outlook

9/3 App St. @ home win UT 62-17
9/10 V Tech @ Bristol win UT 45-10
9/17 Ohio @ home win UT 51-10
9/24 Florida @ home win UT 35-9/ New qb with a defense that actually pressures the qb constantly
10/1 Georgia @ away win UT 31-14
10/8 TX A&M @ away win UT 35-14
10/15 Alabama @ home win Bama 35-21
10/22 Bye
10/29 S. Carolina @ away win UT 41-13
11/5 TN Tech @ home win UT 55-10
11/12 Kentucky @ home win UT 52-17
11/19 Missouri @ home win UT 42-10
11/26 Vanderbilt @ away win UT 52-10
12/3 Ole Miss @ SECC Game win 49- 35
Playoff Round 1 Ohio State win 42-24
Playoff Round 2 Oklahoma win 52- 21/ No Eric striker = offense does what it wants
2017 Season Peyton comes and is QB coach for the reigning and first team to ever win 3 NC's back to back to back

Last edited:
No way it is worse than 2 losses to bama, one in Knoxville and one in ATL.

Might even be better. Roster and schedule are good enough that analytics, TOs, personnel errors, etc. cannot do too much damage.

Refuse to predict a victory vs Florida. 10-2 losses to Florida and Bama. 9-3 potentially if we lose to florida and melt down the next week like we did this year vs Arkansas

Florida battered fan syndrome is documented medical condition here on VN.

I always predict a win over Florida.

I believe barring any catastrophic injuries, the only loss will be to Alabama.

giphy.gif

9/3 App St. @ home win UT 52-17
9/10 V Tech @ Bristol win UT 34-16
9/17 Ohio @ home win UT 49-7
9/24 Florida @ home loss UF 24-23
10/1 Georgia @ away win UT 37-34
10/8 TX A&M @ away win UT 31-14
10/15 Alabama @ home loss Bama 27-24
10/22 Bye
10/29 S. Carolina @ away win UT 21-14
11/5 TN Tech @ home win UT 56-0
11/12 Kentucky @ home win UT 55-13
11/19 Missouri @ home win UT 20-3

10-2, Vols backdoor into ATL due to UF not being good.

SECCG: Vols 31, Bama 27 in the rematch

UT barely misses the playoffs with a #6 final rank

Vols 40, Notre Dame 28 in the Sugar Bowl

12-2 final record

Sorry but Sugar Bowl has to take an SEC team and a Big 12 team.

No Notre Dame exceptions there...that matchup only happens next year if:

1) the Vols don't win the SEC and don't make the playoffs but get the Orange Bowl invite (ranked higher than highest available Big 10 team), the ACC champion is in the playoffs, and Notre Dame is picked by the Orange Bowl (ranked higher than the next available ACC team)

2) the Vols don't make the SEC Championship game, the SEC winner doesn't make the playoffs (or if it does, there's another higher-ranked SEC team above the Vols for the Sugar Bowl to take), there's a higher ranked non-playoff Big 10 team than the Vols making the Orange Bowl take them instead, the ACC champ makes the playoffs, the next available ACC team is ranked higher than Notre Dame, and the Cotton Bowl picks up UT and Notre Dame.

Last edited:
9/3 App St. @ home win UT 62-17
9/10 V Tech @ Bristol win UT 45-10
9/17 Ohio @ home win UT 51-10
9/24 Florida @ home win UT 35-9/ New qb with a defense that actually pressures the qb constantly
10/1 Georgia @ away win UT 31-14
10/8 TX A&M @ away win UT 35-14
10/15 Alabama @ home win Bama 35-21
10/22 Bye
10/29 S. Carolina @ away win UT 41-13
11/5 TN Tech @ home win UT 55-10
11/12 Kentucky @ home win UT 52-17
11/19 Missouri @ home win UT 42-10
11/26 Vanderbilt @ away win UT 52-10
12/3 Ole Miss @ SECC Game win 49- 35
Playoff Round 1 Ohio State win 42-24
Playoff Round 2 Oklahoma win 52- 21/ No Eric striker = offense does what it wants
2017 Season Peyton comes and is QB coach for the reigning and first team to ever win 3 NC's back to back to back

Heh, Ole Miss in Atlanta...heh.

I only worry about 2 games on this schedule and it seems most of you aren't too concerned about one of them. The obvious one is Alabama. The 2nd is UGA. This game is always close and when we have been outmanned we have scared them to death. I really hate this game in Athens and I could see us dropping it.

VN Store

Back