2016 single game tickets question

BigZiti09

Sheep
Does anyone know if single game tickets will be made available for the Florida and Alabama games?

I know that ticket prices get set in April. I looked into season tickets this year but it's just not worth it to me. Probably looking at close to $700 a seat minimum and that's for uppers under the jumbo. I'm thinking about buying Bama and Florida games and nothing else.

Please tell me that they aren't gonna force fans to buy season tickets to get those two games. I just found this in an article from last July.....

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Single-game tickets for the 2015 Tennessee football season go on sale on Tuesday, July 14 starting at 8:30 a.m. ET. Be sure to visit UTTIX.com to order them.

The Orange & White mini-plan includes tickets to the Arkansas game on Oct. 3 along with the choice of two of the following four games: Western Carolina (Sept. 19), South Carolina (Nov. 7), North Texas (Nov. 14) or Vanderbilt (Nov. 28).

Tickets to the Oklahoma (Sept. 12) and Georgia (Oct. 10) games are still available by purchasing season tickets.

Vols Single-Game Tickets On Sale Tuesday - University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

Is this how it was done last year or did they end up releasing single game tickets to Georgia and Oklahoma?

Reactions: 1 person
I was able to buy single game tix to the GA and OK games but I am a season ticket holder and that may have been why I was offered that opportunity

I was able to buy single game tix to the GA and OK games but I am a season ticket holder and that may have been why I was offered that opportunity

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you donate? I've got buddies that are season ticket holders but I'm thinking they may not be the highest priority for UT.

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you donate? I've got buddies that are season ticket holders but I'm thinking they may not be the highest priority for UT.

I'm in Y6 and I donate 500$ per seat, plus the cost of tickets. Total ends up being around $1,800 for 2 season tickets plus donation and parking.

I have a no donation seat in MM for ~$400/yr. I don't know if they did away with that and I'm just grandfathered in though.

You can have no donation seats in row 24-up in section QQ-GG. $50.00 donation a seat in same sections rows 16-23. Also in upper decks on sidelines AA,FF,EE,FF is $100 per seat. I have a second pair that is in EE row 8. EE sections are between 16-32 yard line is not bad for $100 per seat plus $410 per season ticket. To get season tickets at these prices are cheaper than getting single tix from stubhub,eBay and scalpers.

Reactions: 2 people
I really don't think they'll be any single game Florida or 'Bama tickets available through the school.

As mentioned earlier season ticket holders may get a chance to purchase extra tickets for those games, so that may be an option for you if you have friends who donate.

IMO , UF and Bama are the 'carrot at the end of the stick' to sell the remaining season tickets. Any leftover tickets to those games will be snatched up by donors when they send out the notices for donors to purchase extras. I would find it hard to believe any could make it past those 2 processes. GBO.

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I'm gonna have to put the word out to some season ticket holders to grab me a pair for those two games. No way I'm dropping $700 to go see App state and the like.

Eventually one year (maybe this year), the only way to get tickets first-hand to a game is to buy season tickets.

Eventually one year (maybe this year), there will be a waiting list to buy season tickets.

Talked to a UT Fund rep face to face about a week ago and he said they have an expectation to sell out to season ticket holders this season. If they don't they will come very close and like the others said the FL and Bama Tix will go to donors.

Waiting list for season tix looks to be in our future.

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I'm gonna have to put the word out to some season ticket holders to grab me a pair for those two games. No way I'm dropping $700 to go see App state and the like.
Nah. You can get decent upper deck tix for a little over $1000 a pair donation included. I got 2 in EE lower upper deck row 8. Each seat is $100 donation fee+ $410 season ticket price. With everything included last year my cost $1040. $200 donation for 2 seats $820 for tix and a $20 online processing fee adds up to $1040 which makes it $520 a season ticket. Also got the chance to buy lower level seasons tickets in lower level corner end zone in dry with no donation fee and chance to get early single tix for home and away for every game. When you donate you get more opportunities than the average Joe.

Last edited:
Nah. You can get decent upper deck tix for a little over $1000 a pair donation included. I got 2 in EE lower upper deck row 8. Each seat is $100 donation fee+ $410 season ticket price. With everything included last year my cost $1040. $200 donation for 2 seats $820 for tix and a $20 online processing fee adds up to $1040 which makes it $520 a season ticket. Also got the chance to buy lower level seasons tickets in lower level corner end zone in dry with no donation fee and chance to get early single tix for home and away for every game. When you donate you get more opportunities than the average Joe.

Yup, I have 4 in FF row 21 and did the exact same, which I don't think they're doing this yr (no donation tix). Even then, being a donor is well worth it IMO.

Yup, I have 4 in FF row 21 and did the exact same, which I don't think they're doing this yr (no donation tix). Even then, being a donor is well worth it IMO.
If they did what they did last year... having few season tickets left. I see opportunities again with singles and extra non donation season tix for Tennessee Fund donors.

Mr. Peach and I might be getting extra tickets, if they're offered to donors this season.. It's something I've pondered for several years & seems this might have to happen before all the seats are gone.

If I have No-Donation seats and they stop offering that, will they charge me a donation for my tickets or am I grandfathered in?

I'm in college, I can't exactly afford more than the price of the tickets themselves.

If I have No-Donation seats and they stop offering that, will they charge me a donation for my tickets or am I grandfathered in?

I'm in college, I can't exactly afford more than the price of the tickets themselves.

I think they'd make you start donating if that happened. The people grandfathered in that don't have to make donations had season tickets before the TN Fund/VASF was created.

Im pretty sure non donation tickets are for that season only, meaning you aren't able to renew those same seats for the following season. SO, donation or not those would be available to anyone.

I think they'd make you start donating if that happened. The people grandfathered in that don't have to make donations had season tickets before the TN Fund/VASF was created.

I'm not saying that's not true, but we were told by our rep last year that if we kept our same seats, and they were changed to donation seats, we would not have to pay it. I guess we will find out, because I definitely see them doing away with that very soon.

Question for you guys. Tonight, I committed to a pair of tickets in YY6/row 4 with a $250 donation per seat. The reason I say "committed" and not "purchased" is because I only paid the donation. Any idea how much these tickets will be, excluding the donation?

Question for you guys. Tonight, I committed to a pair of tickets in YY6/row 4 with a $250 donation per seat. The reason I say "committed" and not "purchased" is because I only paid the donation. Any idea how much these tickets will be, excluding the donation?

Around 800 or so. I think last year was 710 for 2 and I heard it was going up a little bit. DeerPark? Someone know?

My rep said they will be rolling out pricing in the next week or two. Last year it was $410 each.

Those $100/seat donation sections in AA,BB,EE,FF HAVE NOT BEEN available all year and probably won't... If you wait long enough, you may can get some of those $50 or $0 donation seats if they come available.If you wait too long, you may not be able to purchase any though...

Last edited:
My rep said they will be rolling out pricing in the next week or two. Last year it was $410 each.

when i got my donation set up at the first of jan im in lower level z12 $500 donation,i ask the tn fund guy he said season tickets will be about $430

VN Store

Back