Breakout players in 2016

Dobbs 4 Heisman

Offense: Preston Williams - will emerge as our #1 receiver and one of the best in the SEC

Defense: Stephen Griffin - will win the starting safety spot opposite TK and will ball out

Reactions: 1 person
I would agree on pw but I'm not sold that either of those two safeties will be starting come fall.

I really hope it's Wolfe. If he has a break out season, then the offense will be unstoppable.

Reactions: 2 people
I really hope it's Wolfe. If he has a break out season, then the offense will be unstoppable.

Who is that? :unsure:

I'll go with ...

Chance Hall
Alexis Johnson

btw, can someone(D4H?) fill me in on the greatness of Stephen Griffin? I see his name and hear @ the amazing potential, but I have no idea where the info is coming from. Insider? Direct coach /player quotes? Vid? Serious Q btw.

Hoping it's not from the same sources where we found out about Wilks and Bain.

Last edited:
I think I have to agree with Preston Williams on offense. I believe he was starting to break thru in 2015 when he got injured. Gaulden or Byrd on defense.

Offense: Josh Malone. It's time he put up big numbers after coming out of high school as a 5 star recruit. He's not met those expectations yet. It's time Josh to get it done!

Defense: Malik Foreman. He started making plays towards the end of last season & I think he will be even bigger in 2016.

He's now capable of matching up one on one with opposing WR's. He's also become a sure fire tackler as well. This means we will have 2 solid CB's with Sutton coming back.

I'm going to add a category here myself!

Top newcomer breakout players for 2016:

Offense: Tyler Byrd. If he gets to play on offense that is but he will probably at least be our KR/PR guy when the season starts. I don't think we want to keep Sutton doing that to keep him safe from injuries.

Byrd signed as an ATH so he could play a number of positions. He will probably end up at CB but we will see. Alternate player in case Byrd plays defense is Marquez Calloway(WR) out of Georgia. One other guy that's honorable mention on offense will be Vincent Perry(WR). We lost him last season due to season ending injury before he played a single game.

Defense: Jonathan Kongbo. I know he's JUCO & most JUCO's haven't performed too well for us but this guy is a beast. Should be right behind Barnett & Vereen at the DE position. Probably coming in as the two-deep at one DE along with Kyle Phillips as the other DE.

Honorable mention newcomer on defense will be Nigel Warrior at S. If Tyler Byrd ends up on defense playing CB then I would have to put him before Nigel Warrior as the honorable mention breakout player on defense.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back