Choose Your Own Adventure: You Are Bob Shoop

delfonic

Congratulations on being hired as the defensive coordinator at UT and escaping the rat-infested sailboat HMS James Franklin before it capsizes and meets it's doom in the watery deep.

Now for your most difficult decision... Pick 11.

Kahlil McKenzie
Shy Tuttle
Kyle Phillips
Darrell Taylor
Corey Vereen
Derek Barnett
Jonathon Kongbo
Danny O'Brien
Alexis Johnson
Kendall Vickers
LaTroy Lewis
Austin Smith
Quart'e Sapp
Dillon Bates
Cortez McDowell
Jalen Reeves-Maybin
Darrin Kirkland Jr.
Gavin Bryant
Kenny Bynum
Micah Abernathy
Todd Kelly Jr.
Rashaan Gaulden
Justin Martin
Cam Sutton
Emmanuel Moseley
Malik Foreman
Marquill Osborne
Tyler Byrd
Nigel Warrior
Jauan Jennings
Evan Berry
Stephen Griffin

Reactions: 13 people
Congratulations on being hired as the defensive coordinator at UT and escaping the rat-infested sailboat HMS James Franklin before it capsizes and meets it's doom in the watery deep.

Now for your most difficult decision... Pick 11.

Kahlil McKenzie
Shy Tuttle
Kyle Phillips
Darrell Taylor
Corey Vereen
Derek Barnett
Jonathon Kongbo
Danny O'Brien
Alexis Johnson
Kendall Vickers
LaTroy Lewis
Austin Smith
Quart'e Sapp
Dillon Bates
Cortez McDowell
Jalen Reeves-Maybin
Darrin Kirkland Jr.
Gavin Bryant
Kenny Bynum
Micah Abernathy
Todd Kelly Jr.
Rashaan Gaulden
Justin Martin
Cam Sutton
Emmanuel Moseley
Malik Foreman
Marquill Osborne
Tyler Byrd
Nigel Warrior
Jauan Jennings
Evan Berry
Stephen Griffin

The season can't get here fast enough.

DE - Barnett
DT - Tuttle
DT - McKenzie or Vickers
DE - Vereen

(STAR) - Austin Williams
MIKE - Kirkland, Jr.
WILL - Reeves-Maybin

(NICK) - Foreman or Gaulden

CB(SIDE) - Sutton
SS - Gaulden or Berry
FS - Kelly, Jr.
CB(FIELD) - Martin

Kinda depends on what they do with Gaulden back in the fold. Outside of Kelly, Jr., Berry, Warrior and potentially Gaulden is there any depth at safety? I think because of the surplus of talent at corner we see Gaulden up top with Kelly, Jr.

Also, I was impressed all year watching Vickers and I believe he started every game at DT. Would not be surprised if he gets the nod. Excluding Barnett, the rest of the defensive line should be the position battle to watch starting spring camp.

Last edited:
Kongbo was just on the phone with the guys from the drive, and he said he is going to wear #1 and McKenzie is going to wear #99. That's a bit of a surprise.

Kongbo was just on the phone with the guys from the drive, and he said he is going to wear #1 and McKenzie is going to wear #99. That's a bit of a surprise.

Leonard Little back at defensive end?

Reactions: 3 people
DE - Barnett
DT - Tuttle
DT - McKenzie or Vickers
DE - Vereen

(STAR) - Austin Williams
MIKE - Kirkland, Jr.
WILL - Reeves-Maybin

CB(SIDE) - Sutton
SS - Gaulden or Berry
FS - Kelly, Jr.
CB(FIELD) - Martin

Kinda depends on what they do with Gaulden back in the fold. Outside of Kelly, Jr., Berry, Warrior and potentially Gaulden is there any depth at safety? I think because of the surplus of talent at corner we see Gaulden up top with Kelly, Jr.

Also, I was impressed all year watching Vickers and I believe he started every game at DT. Would not be surprised if he gets the nod. Excluding Barnett, the rest of the defensive line should be the position battle to watch starting spring camp.

Shoop rarely employs the nickel.

DE - Barnett
DT - Tuttle
DT - McKenzie or Vickers
DE - Vereen

(STAR) - Austin Williams
MIKE - Kirkland, Jr.
WILL - Reeves-Maybin

CB(SIDE) - Sutton
SS - Gaulden or Berry
FS - Kelly, Jr.
CB(FIELD) - Martin

We'll have to see if Jennings plays much at safety. If somebody got hurt, I'm sure he'd move there for depth if he's not there already

So much you can do with our personnel on D.

DE Phillips 6'6" 270
DT Barnett 6'3 270
DT K Mac 6'3 320
DE Vereen 6'2 255

Tuttle might be the best d lineman we have but injury recovery leaves out for now. Barnett at DT is almost as good as Tuttle there. Phillips needs to see the field. Latroy Lewis will provide depth. Danny O'Brien will do his thing.

2nd level defenders:

ST T Kelly 6'0" 215
MLB Kirkland 6'1 230
WLB Jaylen Reeves 6'0" 225

Todd Kelly is a disruptive force and has a knack for the football. Let him blitz and cover the hash to the sideline making 3rd downs dangerous for the opposition. Kirkland and JRM are going to eat no matter what defense we field.

Secondary:
CB Sutton 6'0" 190
CB Martin 6'1 190
SS Warrior 6'0" 190
FS Berry 6'0 205

With Kelly moving to my second level Warrior can now be on the field. He's a freshman, but is the best safety prospect we have signed in sometime. Evan Berry is lightening. And super physical. If Jennings moves here.... then who knows. Only so many people can be on the field. I choose Warrior and Berry because of the speed they bring to the position along with physical play and disruption. Sutton and Martin are playing for money both.

Power football unit against UGA, BAMA

DE Barnett 6'3' 270
DT A Johnson 6'3" 310
DT K-Mac 6'3" 330
DE K Phillips 6'6" 270

SB A Smith 6'3" 240
Mlb D Kirkland 6'1 230
WLB Jaylen Reeves 6'0" 225

CB Sutton 6'0" 190
CB Martin 6'1" 190
SS T Kelly 6'0 215
FS Berry 6'0" 205

Fringe players
Tyler Byrd 6'0 190 4.4 can plan anywhere in the secondary

Cortez McDowell 6'1 235 4.5 can play Lb and safety

Darrell Taylor 6'4 245 4.5
can pay OLB or DE.

Stephen Griffin 6'3 212 4.5
can play SAFETY or 2nd level defender. Can be 3 down player. Extremely talented.

Rasaun Gaulden 6'0 180 4.5
can play safety or CB.

Reactions: 1 person
If this were the book it would always have happy endings.

Not the massage types..

VN Store

Back