A way too early VN poll re. 2016

2016 Regular Season Record?

• Total voters

GBO97

The Beast is Rising
I know there are still plenty of questions to be answered, and we aren't even entirely done with this year, but now that talk of 2016 is beginning to crop up, I'm curious what the distribution of expectations is for the 2016 team and coaching staff. This is a poll to go on the record with your way too early record prediction. I, for one, think we can be truly special, possibly even a playoff team, although that's not my expectation. IMO the Florida game once again decides the East, which spells bad news for us historically, even though I'm skeptical of UF without Grier. We'll see.

It's too early and I never liked being either polled or probed.
I'm still having nightmares about Cartman and the dreaded alien anal probe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Since, you've acknowledged that its way too early, I'll bite. And yes it is too early.

If UT is to breakthrough, 2016 is the year where everything should be able to fall into place. 10-2

Its way to early to be pickin us to lose a game. Its 12-0 for me, we gonna whip dey a$$

can't vote yet, must wait on the injuries, arrests, transfers... yadda yadda yadda

I'm going with 11-1, the one loss involving a bad call at a key time

The Vols win the SEC Championship Game and the first round of the playoffs, before a last second loss in the BCS Championship.

That, somewhat unfortunately, will be the high point for the Butch Jones era, though there will be another 10 win and a couple of 9 win seasons.

I can predict the weather conditions and temperature at kickoff for each game, if more specificity is needed...

Reactions: 3 people
Not voting in the poll, because I don't think of future years in single-possibility terms. I think 2016 can realistically end up anywhere between 9-3 and 12-0, regular season. And it all depends on the drive, focus, and chemistry of 100 or so 18-24 year old men.

So I'll go with 9-3 to 12-0.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
2016 will be the most favorable schedule this program has had in a long time. Add top shelf talent and stability to that and they should win 10+ games.

I'm going 9-3 with losses to UF and Bama, and one other team we should beat but won't.....like Arkansas this year. Might be TAMU, or UGA if they get the hire right. We play them at Athens btw.

Its way to early to be pickin us to lose a game. Its 12-0 for me, we gonna whip dey a$$

And will be one of many on here slandering the coaches if we don't go undefeated. Everyone "wants" an undefeated season...but too many variables happen in a season (even with good teams) for people to "expect" it to happen. Go Vols!

2016 will be the most favorable schedule this program has had in a long time. Add top shelf talent and stability to that and they should win 10+ games.

Favorable? Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M and Alabama in consecutive weeks with no break is rough. Very rough.

IMO Butch will not beat Fl or Bama...unfortunately.
9-3 with another slip up thrown in.

Progress?

VN Store

Back