Kyler Kerbyson named SEC O-lineman of the Week

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
It's good to see a local kid from Knoxville, who stuck with the program the past five years, get some recognition for his last home game as a Vol.

CVEr38gUYAAznio.jpg

Reactions: 31 people
It's good to see a local kid from Knoxville, who stuck with the program the past five years, get some recognition for his last home game as a Vol.

CVEr38gUYAAznio.jpg
Quietly the young man got it done. Congrats & well deserved!

Reactions: 4 people

CVEr38gUYAAznio.jpg

I've been critical of him this season. I thought Vandy was his best game - along with Crowder. Good luck to him in the future.

Reactions: 1 person
He was horrible before this year, but he's improved a ton. Kind of like the entire oline. Props to Kyler

I have been critical as well. Wasn't fair because he is a guard playing out of position.

Congrats to Kyler!!! Well done....VFL!

Hope he has a chance to shine as a guard in the league. Outstanding job by Kyler this year.

I was absolutely against him going back to LT this year but he has been not only serviceable but perhaps our best lineman.

Everyone made great strides this year except perhaps Crowder who hit a ceiling. Thomas and Kerbyson improved the most.

Congrats to the young man. Well deserved honor and I'm proud of him. I know he's worked awfully hard to get better, and he certainly did.

Congrats Kyler, job well done.

What is also cool about his award is the following. From 247:

"Vols sophomore center Coleman Thomas also won the award earlier this season, so Kerbyson’s honor Monday marked the first time in more than a decade that Tennessee won three SEC O-Lineman of the Week awards in the same year."

"Kerbyson also became the first Tennessee O-lineman since Rob Smith in 2004 to win the award twice in the same season."

Also, the Vols didn’t allow a sack for the second week in a row, against two of the better defenses in the SEC.

He is the first player in the endzone to congratulate his teammates... looking for camera time to show off his dance moves..

I was absolutely against him going back to LT this year but he has been not only serviceable but perhaps our best lineman.

Everyone made great strides this year except perhaps Crowder who hit a ceiling. Thomas and Kerbyson improved the most.

Thomas and Kerbyson will be NFL lineman for a long time. Thomas just needs to get stronger. His athleticism is elite for a center. Kerbyson will be a guard. Might get drafted in the 4th-6th round.

Think about the 5 O-linemen on all the other SEC teams who did not get the award this week and that makes this even more special!
Congratulations, young man!

Thomas and Kerbyson will be NFL lineman for a long time. Thomas just needs to get stronger. His athleticism is elite for a center. Kerbyson will be a guard. Might get drafted in the 4th-6th round.

Kerbyson will be a FA.. Hard to get drafted to a position you never played unless his perhaps gets a look at the sr bowl should he get invited

Kerbyson will be a FA.. Hard to get drafted to a position you never played unless his perhaps gets a look at the sr bowl should he get invited

Happens all the time in the trenches. Kerbyson will be drafted in the 4th-7th round by a zbs team.

Kerbyson will play in the NFL and he will be a starter for someone for a long time. He has a drive that will make him successful. I was doubtful when he started at LT this year but he has made a believer out of me, with his play.

Congrats Kyler Kebyson for your second SEC Olineman of the week award.

All players are (duh) students of the game to some degree. Hats off to Butch, DeBo and all the coaching staff for their efforts and abilities to push up the learning curve to this offensive crew. Last season the defense displayed flashes of tenacity and prowess that are now proving to be dominating. A few of us figured this offensive line would come in to form somewhere late this season. Now this group is rounding out enough to be just as dominating as this scary assemblage of defensive beasts. UT's coaches are developing these young men by raising the bar as to their athletic growth and by upping their football IQs. This type offense is the easiest to screw up, but it's the most difficult to counter when everyone's on the same page with their reads and execution. Congrats, Kyler...and all the rest of you guys who're far better students of the game than most figured you'd become. These upper classmen will be mentioned often and with admiration as the UT Vols hoist championship trophies. The monster is awake.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back