Josh Malone
Josh Smith
Jujaun Jennings
Vincent Perry (wowed before injury)
Jeff George
Brandon Johnson
TaDarryl Marshall
Corey Henderson

While we probably aren't done adding receivers this recruiting cycle if this is our receiving core next year then I like it a lot. It's a good mix of slot and outside receivers, but for it to be great we need to be healthy. That means North and Croom both have to return from injury and be what they're supposed to be. If everything goes according to plan these WR's will be special in 2016. Also we finally have quality depth with our receivers as well, which is nice to see.

Reactions: 1 person
That's a group with a ton of talent, but if they don't get coached up and show signs of regression like this year, then it won't matter how talented they are.

Reactions: 15 people
That's a group with a ton of talent, but if they don't get coached up and show signs of regression like this year, then it won't matter how talented they are.

Very true but there was progress shown later in the year, and hopefully it continues into the off-season and next season!

Reactions: 2 people
Marquez North
Jason Croom
Preston Williams
Josh Malone
Josh Smith
Jujaun Jennings
Jeff George
Brandon Johnson
TaDarryl Marshall
Corey Henderson

While we probably aren't done adding receivers this recruiting cycle if this is our receiving core next year then I like it a lot. It's a good mix of slot and outside receivers, but for it to be great we need to be healthy. That means North and Croom both have to return from injury and be what they're supposed to be. If everything goes according to plan these WR's will be special in 2016. Also we finally have quality depth with our receivers as well, which is nice to see.

I thought the same thing heading into 2015 and it was a near dumpster fire. I miss the days of a primary featured receiver or two and a couple of future stars or role players filling out a 4 or 5 man rotation.

Reactions: 4 people
I thought the same thing heading into 2015 and it was a near dumpster fire. I miss the days of a primary featured receiver or two and a couple of future stars or role players filling out a 4 or 5 man rotation.

I agree with this too. I honestly think they should let Dobbs build up chemistry with 3 main guys. He would be leaps and bounds better passing if he had more chemistry with a main core of wide receivers.

A lot of talent out there not getting used to its full potential because Dobbs just isn't a very good passer. Hopefully he continues to improve.

Reactions: 3 people
A lot of talent out there not getting used to its full potential because Dobbs just isn't a very good passer. Hopefully he continues to improve.

Even at that, the open drops must stop. I still see that Josh Malone drop in the end zone vs South Carolina in my sleep. That was the best pass that Dobbs threw all season and Malone should have had it.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm seeing in the twitersphere speculation that Preston and/or North could be gone... any truth to this?

Twitter speculation is always reliable. (blue font)

You definitely didn't get this from Preston's twitter account and since you haven't identified where you did read it, then the best thing to do is to file it next to the Jalen Hurd is transferring space of rumor mongering.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Of the group, both North and Croom are Very doubtful contributors. Their college Football careers have been a total waste for themselves and Tennessee.

I agree with this too. I honestly think they should let Dobbs build up chemistry with 3 main guys. He would be leaps and bounds better passing if he had more chemistry with a main core of wide receivers.

Smith, Malone, Jennings, and P. Williams would be my top 4. Can't rely on North and Croom til those guys can make it through August healthy.

Of the group, both North and Croom are Very doubtful contributors. Their college Football careers have been a total waste for themselves and Tennessee.

Wow dude, come on. Injuries happen sometimes. We don't beat SC in 2013 if not for North's catch, or SC in 2014 if not for Croom's catch. Imagine if Butch was 4-8 and 5-7 his first two seasons. Things may look much worse right now than they do. Yes, they've been injured such that their production is basically nonexistent right now, but this comment seems a bit insensitive and inaccurate

Reactions: 12 people

I bet their education has not been a waste. And they both have contributed in key spots in wins.

Reactions: 7 people
Marquez North
Jason Croom
Preston Williams
Josh Malone
Josh Smith
Jujaun Jennings
Jeff George
Brandon Johnson
TaDarryl Marshall
Corey Henderson

Great. Now give me the best 5, maybe 6 of that group and let them rotate consistently. The others? Continue to develop, play some special teams, we'll call you if one out top guys is injured, so stay ready.

If we could just have North, Malone, Smith and Williams for a full season, we would be in great shape! :rock:

Are you kidding? North beat the Old Ball Coach single handedly....literally!

That single catch was worth five years UTK education (valued at $150k).

Are these receivers ever going to be fully utilized at UT with Dobbs at QB?

If you're asking if we are going to be throwing the Ball 40-50 times to these guys .. Answer is no.

We are a run first offense with a Dual Threat QB .. Dormandy would be a different story.

I think we will see Debord implement some deep balls into this offense next year. The Play action off Hurd / Kamara next year will be huge. We've got the guys on the outside to go deep.

VN Store

Back