ESPN: Bowl projections: Looking ahead after Week 13

I like the Tennessee-Northwestern matchup in the Outback Bowl. I also like Schlabach's projection of Houston-FSU in the Peach Bowl and McMurphy's projection of Houston-Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl(Good chance to get revenge for the 1978 Cotton Bowl). Stanford-Ohio State will be an interesting matchup in the Rose Bowl.

Reactions: 1 person
We should be a lock for the Outback. Great fan base that travels, 5 game win streak is 2nd longest in SEC, 2 of 4 losses coming to playoff bound teams.

Reactions: 7 people
Looks like Nebraska will be one of the 5-7 teams going to a Bowl Game. McMurphy predicts Arkansas will play Nebraska in the Music City Bowl.

Reactions: 2 people
Also shows one picking Kentucky and the other Missouri for the Independence Bowl --- UF vs Michigan in the Citrus lol dem Gators are gonna get hammered

Reactions: 3 people
Also shows one picking Kentucky and the other Missouri for the Independence Bowl --- UF vs Michigan in the Citrus lol dem Gators are gonna get hammered

Better them than us. I want a comfortable bowl victory and all the momentum that comes with demoralizing the "consensus number 13 team in the country"

Last edited:
I hope it's Northwestern.

It will show how shallow the polls are when Vegas has to make a #12 NW team under dogs to an 8-4 UT.

UT - 3 sounds about right.

NW outscored 78 -10 in their 2 losses to offensive juggernauts Iowa and Michigan. :no:

Their best win besides Stanford who played them 9am pacific time is Wisconsin who's best win is... I dunno. Illinois? Purdue? Take your pick from their garbage laden schedule.

If NW is favored in this game even WYLO puts down a hundy.

Last edited:

It will show how shallow the polls are when Vegas has to make a #12 NW team under dogs to an 8-4 UT.

NW outscored 78 -10 in their 2 losses to offensive juggernauts Iowa and Michigan. :no:

Their best win besides Stanford who played them 9am pacific time is Wisconsin who's best win is... I dunno. Illinois? Purdue? Take your pick from their garbage laden schedule.

Your last sentence is heresy. Heresy I tell you!

Anytime an SEC school, but especially UT, beats a Big-10 team, well then......it is an excellent day indeed.

Only b/c for years (decades) the national broadcasters slobbered all over Big-10 teams when many of us in the south knew the boys up north were over-rated.

Reactions: 2 people

Can't spell CITRUS without UF........no wait!

did you forget when Vegas had 3-3 USC as the 3.5pt favorite against #3 undefeated Utah, after firing Sark?

Northwestern is a joke. I want a challenging matchup and I think we could beat that Michigan team for sure

I don't. I want a win over a highly overranked team that makes everyone question why the ranking system only ranks success and not talent. I want to hang 50 on a top-15 team and force people to understand what the Vols are really all about.

I don't want to have to eek out a 4-point victory over Michigan.

VN Store

Back