IF Dobbs was a RB hypothetically

ainge10heisman

Tennessee Pusher
how does everyone think he would do? He's got good speed with great vision and elusiveness. He's just slippery, and not afraid to lower his shoulder and run people over either, which he's shown he's more than able to do too. He's one of the hardest QBs to bring down that I've ever seen.

All of that is qualities of a very good QB. Personally I think he'd of made a fine RB. If he was in Hurds shoes and got the same amount of touches/carries, there is no doubt in my mind he would of been a thousand yard rusher as a RB too. Heck, he's got a little over 600 yards rushing this season as our QB.

AND NO, I AM NOT SAYING DOBBS SHOULD BE A RB!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
how does everyone think he would do? He's got good speed with great vision and elusiveness. He's just slippery and not afraid to lower his shoulder and run people over. He's one of the hardest QBs to bring down that I've ever seen.

All of that is qualities of a very good QB. Personally I think he'd of made a fine RB. If he was in Hurds shoes and got the same amount of touches/carries, there is no doubt in my mind he would of been a thousand yard rusher too.

He'd be very mediocre. Dobb's success as a runner comes from the fact that defenses tend to overlook the QB in running situations. The zone read is designed to exploit this by making the defense pull to Hurd.

Also he can pull the pile

Reactions: 8 people
He'd be very mediocre. Dobb's success as a runner comes from the fact that defenses tend to overlook the QB in running situations. The zone read is designed to exploit this by making the defense pull to Hurd.

I just don't agree with the mediocre part. He is just to good of a runner, especially in the open field.

I just don't agree with the mediocre part. He is just to good of a runner, especially in the open field.

But it's a lot different line up behind a line getting the ball at the snap and deciding where to go. When dobbs runs the ball the field is already so spread apart he picks wide open lanes. There's a huge difference

He would need to bulk up a little. But his vision and speed are spot on. I do know one thing, there are very few QBs in the country as athletically talented as Dobbs.

This reminds me of the old arguments about Michael Jordan playing PF or Center. Yeah, he could've done it, and done ok. For a few games. But after so many games of bangin' down low with the trees, he would've been so broke down, he would've missed the rest of the season. Same with Dobbs at RB, except he ain't MJ and this ain't basketball..

Reactions: 1 person
If Dobbs was a RB he would get destroyed. He would be horrible. Easily the worst RB on the team and maybe in the SEC. Therefore, he is a QB.

This pretty much.

there's a reason michael vick plays qb and not rb.....and most would argue he would have more of a case at rb

there's a reason michael vick plays qb and not rb.....and most would argue he would have more of a case at rb

Vick had sub 4.3 speed in college. Could've played anything from runningback to cornerback. The reason he was a quarterback may be because he had a howitzer for an arm...

Vick had sub 4.3 speed in college. Could've played anything from runningback to cornerback. The reason he was a quarterback may be because he had a howitzer for an arm...

No joke. Vick had one of the strongest arms I have ever seen. Dude could flat out sling it.

how does everyone think he would do? He's got good speed with great vision and elusiveness. He's just slippery, and not afraid to lower his shoulder and run people over either, which he's shown he's more than able to do too. He's one of the hardest QBs to bring down that I've ever seen.

All of that is qualities of a very good QB. Personally I think he'd of made a fine RB. If he was in Hurds shoes and got the same amount of touches/carries, there is no doubt in my mind he would of been a thousand yard rusher as a RB too. Heck, he's got a little over 600 yards rushing this season as our QB.

GOOD, he is too tall

Dobbs is good because we have good RBS that take attention off of him and leave in wide open field most of the time. He couldn't do what Hurd does when they have 10 people focused on you.

I think he would do well as a RB or a receiver. I love Hurd but the knock on him so far has been he runs East to West too much and like Butch said on his TV show they want him running more North and South. He would get so many more yards if he would stop bouncing it outside and use his size instead. He doesn't have the speed to get to the corners on most teams. He did do it a little this last game but hopefully it's something he works on going into next year.

Wow just wow... No way no how does he put up 1000 yards this year if he is full time running back... He would get broke down! This is crazy!

VN Store

Back