Butch’s most important recruits for 2016?

Sarms58

Yea, he needs to sign another good class, but making sure these guys are on the roster next year is very important.

Jalen Reeves-Maybin and Cameron Sutton – both could go pro and be drafted…it’s a tough decision for them to make. If they are ready, let them go but as a Vol Fan, I’d love to see them come back for their senior season…

Drew Richmond and Venzell Boulware – both have red shirted this year but were highly rated HS prospects. Two other freshmen OL played this year but they both were Early Enrollees…if a player is going to transfer out, it’s usually after their first year…I hope Butch can keep these two as we need our OL to be strong AND deep…

Who else?

If we recruit strong in areas of need I don't think it matters very much in the overall rankings. We should have very strong 2017 class! Jmo

Reactions: 1 person
I think jalen and cam return. I think it's equally important that we develop the talent we've brought in over the past two years and continue to fill the holes where needed. This class isn't going to have the numbers the last few have simply because the attrition has slowed down. This is largely Butch's team rather than dooley's

Sutton has already said he's returning.

I don't think Maybin's stock will be high enough for him to want to leave, either.

Reactions: 2 people
I think jalen and cam return. I think it's equally important that we develop the talent we've brought in over the past two years and continue to fill the holes where needed. This class isn't going to have the numbers the last few have simply because the attrition has slowed down. This is largely Butch's team rather than dooley's

I'm hoping for very low attrition from this year's freshman class...in 2014, we signed 31 kids - 18 of them "blue Chips" (4 & 5 star recruits)...but we lost 7 of them and 6 of those were "blue chips"...kids come in and if they don't think they will be playing, they transfer out...just part of today's game...

I nearly guarantee Cam is gone, and he should go. He has proven himself as an NFL ready corner / return man.

Agree 100% Warrior and Hardman are the guys to get! WR and DB are our two biggest areas of need

I nearly guarantee Cam is gone, and he should go. He has proven himself as an NFL ready corner / return man.

Agree 100% Warrior and Hardman are the guys to get! WR and DB are our two biggest areas of need

Sutton has already said he's returning.

It could be a million-dollar decision, but Sutton indicated earlier this week he doesn't expect he'll even have a decision to make after this season.

"I don't think so," he told the Times Free Press. "I think my biggest thing is graduating from here. I'm so close to graduating. I'll be done next December. My biggest thing is finishing up school.

"Once I finish up school, maybe down the line from there I'll think about it, but I'm so close with that. That's something my parents obviously, and any parent, would want their child to do, is graduate from college. I think that'll be a big thing."

Tennessee's Cameron Sutton not focused on possible NFL decision | Times Free Press

Reactions: 4 people
That's not him saying he's returning. He graduates this December not next

The article preludes the statement with "he doesn't expect he'll even have a decision to make after the season" and the article goes in to his quotes about he's worried about graduating(NEXT December, no less), and not the NFL.

I dunno, that kinda leads me to believe he's returning.

If he's not, then it's some ****ty writing by this journalist just to mislead everyone.

The article preludes the statement with "he doesn't expect he'll even have a decision to make after the season" and the article goes in to his quotes about he's worried about graduating(NEXT December, no less), and not the NFL.

I dunno, that kinda leads me to believe he's returning.

If he's not, then it's some ****ty writing by this journalist just to mislead everyone.

This wouldn't be the first, last or 100 thousand times in between when a player said he's be returning during the season only to declare come NFL draft season. It helps, but I wouldn't treat a statement like that as a 100% certainty.

I have to agree that the 2 toughest recruiting sales for buTch in the next month or 2 will be Sutton and JRM.

What their parents, family and closest advisors say will make a difference too.

A lot of it will depend on what those 2 young men really want to do for the next year.

Do they want to finish school or even do some Grad work to play 1 more year?

Do they want to finish what they started here and WIN the SEC East Championship, play in the SEC Championship game and have a shot at the final 4 and maybe even WIN a National Championship?

How important is the $$$ Money $$$ for them and their families, do they really need it or are they OK financially and can wait 1 more year for the big bucks?

The other major work for buTch may just be trying to keep some of his coaches and best recruiters from leaving and getting AD Hart to come up with enough money to keep our coaching staff together.

After all of that then buTch still has the never ending recruiting for the next freshman class to work on.

Even with the big money I'd never want to be a college football coach because the tireless work never ends, never!

I expect a great season next year but a lot of what happens will depend on how successful buTch can be in the next month or less.

Keep them here and go get the new kids buTch!!!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

I wish I had a clue as to who the most important recruits were. But I have learned that since Butch has been at Tennessee he has had his shortcomings. However, recruiting is not one of them.

It all depends on whether he's fine with being a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I have not seen his name in any 1st round mocks for a while now.

I think he comes back and improved that draft stock to 1st round in 2017.

They just may want to stay an get a SEC championship.

smart kid. Best thing I ever did was to join USAF and then complete my degree. Wish the best you Cam!

Go Vols!

Oh and bytheway I got a degree in physics and was hired by National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics which became NASA which I retired after 25 years.

GoVols!

VN Store

Back