8-4 or 7-5 after today......

madbamahater

8-4 has a much better ring to it and ensures victory today over Vandie. If the Vols finish 7-5 after today......what bowl would UT be looking at? Would losing today greatly effect the fanbase's enthusiasm with this bowl bound team? Would many fans just simply choose not to make the bowl trip?

How big is winning today for Butch and the overall perception of him and the current state of UT football?

Would a loss today put him squarely on the hot seat?

It just seems like the tension and margin of error in regards to Butch is drawn so tightly that literally the outcome of each game sways people one way or the other.

I can't remember a coach being put under such a microscope as often as Butch is......

7 - 5 =

computer-meltdown.jpg

vn-logo2_400x400.png

Reactions: 12 people
I don't know who "we" are........ But what if UT does?

They have lost to Vandie before.....every single post I have seen is guaranteeing a Vol victory.

STILL HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME!

We are Tennessee. There is no they... It's we. WE will not lose to Vanderbilt.

Reactions: 8 people
That's the life of a college football coach. Look at Les Miles. Today may be his last game at LSU. Three weeks ago he was riding high and ranked number two in country along with the number one ranked recruiting class. Three weeks have turned Les from a Hero into a Zero. I hope they know what they are about to do to their program.

Go Big Orange

Reactions: 3 people
Seriously? This is not 2011, 12 or 13.

Vandy taking the L back to Nashville

Do you not remember last year in Nashville?

Vols played very poorly, or Vandie played well. Always give UT their best.

Took a special teams touchdown for UT to escape the game last year with the W

We have a bunch of a-holes for fans. There were a ton of em that hated it that Butch was hired instead of a glamour boy, and jump on every negative to validate their feelings. He would have to have been almost perfect to change their minds. It is toxic.

Reactions: 14 people
We have a bunch of a-holes for fans. There were a ton of em that hated it that Butch was hired instead of a glamour boy, and jump on every negative to validate their feelings. He would have to have been almost perfect to change their minds. It is toxic.

Coaches are hired to win

Not to be pretty and have good clichés

Reactions: 10 people
See..you guys are like bugs. He has won games. Nothing will please you.

And he has also lost games in the most inexcusable ways possible. Not over the course of a career or 5 year period but in the same year. And he has made some of the more idiotic coaching decisions on top of that.

Congrats Butch. You beat the teams you were supposed to beat this year. Lets throw a parade. You also got your big win over Georgia - who is a diaper fire. I'm not saying that it's not a good thing to beat Georgia. But let's not act like it was one of the most impressive coaching feats of all time. Georgia, and the SEC East, is terrible.

Reactions: 3 people
I know this is coming from a fan who's team needed a last minute field goal to beat Vandy, but Vandy has no chance.

Reactions: 6 people
Very questionable? Yes...Idiotic?..only in hindsight. The best coaches make bad decisions too. They have just banked enough goodwill, that it is overlooked most of the time. It goes back to what I said, you guys were just waiting to be validated....and no, losing to Candy is unacceptable.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back