Let me get this straight...(UT vs CFP teams)

Weems

Tennessee has played 3/4 in the latest CFP released today, this year.

Iowa, Alabama, Oklahoma ...

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
Based on what I've seen I think we would still beat Iowa pretty badly.

Ive been saying the same thing all year to my co workers. I remind them about how we beat the snot out of them in the taxslayer bowl. Of course he is an OSU fan and said, well they couldnt beat them this year....I would disagree, we would beat them a new hole again like we did in the bowl game.

Reactions: 3 people
Ive been saying the same thing all year to my co workers. I remind them about how we beat the snot out of them in the taxslayer bowl. Of course he is an OSU fan and said, well they couldnt beat them this year....I would disagree, we would beat them a new hole again like we did in the bowl game.

UT is much better now.

Reactions: 1 person

Beat Iowa soundly, had an opportunity to have a two score statement win over Oklahoma and Bama just had one of those great drives to beat us at the end of the game. What might have been............

Reactions: 1 person

The Butch Jones that beat Iowa hasn't been seen since that game. The Butch Jones that called a half back pass when up by 14 sure as heck wasn't the same guy that kicked a field goal from the 1 ft line. That game was so amazing bc we thought we were seeing what we were going to get. Instead we have bland, risk free coaching as soon as we take a lead

Reactions: 16 people
So is Iowa. Game was closer than the score indicated and it was a bowl game that we wanted to be at while they didn't want to be there. My bet is Iowa wouldn't let UF convert 4 4th and longs on them

the first part of the second sentiment is inherently false. The game wasn't even as close as the score reflected, which is bad because we blew them out on paper too.

Reactions: 26 people
The Butch Jones that beat Iowa hasn't been seen since that game. The Butch Jones that called a half back pass when up by 14 sure as heck wasn't the same guy that kicked a field goal from the 1 ft line. That game was so amazing bc we thought we were seeing what we were going to get. Instead we have bland, risk free coaching as soon as we take a lead

Re-watch that game. They were over-matched completely.

Reactions: 2 people
who wants to see Iowa lose their next game to Nebraska and then lose in the Big10 Championship then the VOLS meet Iowa for a rematch in the OutBack Bowl? Thoughts?

Reactions: 4 people
So is Iowa. Game was closer than the score indicated and it was a bowl game that we wanted to be at while they didn't want to be there. My bet is Iowa wouldn't let UF convert 4 4th and longs on them

That game was never close and Iowa has not closed the speed gap that was so obvious.

Reactions: 9 people

Lol. Iowa scored two or three trash touchdowns that made it less embarrasing, but still a blow out. We stomped a mudhole in them

My guess is UF wouldn't need to.

Reactions: 5 people
who wants to see Iowa lose their next game to Nebraska and then lose in the Big10 Championship then the VOLS meet Iowa for a rematch in the OutBack Bowl? Thoughts?

Don't want to play Iowa. I want to play in a game the nation will watch.

The Iowa game wasn't as close as the score indicated. Hurd consistently got the edge on Iowa and dominated them a lot like he did vs Missouri this year. In fact, if UT had been able to punch those first 3 red zone possessions vs MO in for TD's instead of having to settle for FG's, that game would have looked a lot like the Taxslayer Bowl.

VN Store

Back