Swain

led0321

Is slamming people doubting Dobbs this morning.

"yall need to stop, doubting Dobbs"

"yall have lost your mind"

"Dobbs didn't cost UT a game this year"

"If you don't think that Dobbs gives the best chance to win you need to be drug tested"

Dobbs gives UT the best chance to win.

Reactions: 46 people
Swain is entitled to his opinion too.

It's funny...the same people who bashed Swain for being critical of Butch, and made fun of his show, will likely latch on to his points about Dobbs. I'm not pointing at you O.P.

I heard it. I like Swain...but he's not the ultimate authority.

Reactions: 8 people
He is 100 % correct.

Any other QB on the roster would have struggled far worse, especially early in the season with the way the O line was performing.

Reactions: 20 people
Swain is D4H?

He is right. All year people have been looking for a reason to unseat Dobbs as the starting QB. Blaming him for every thing that has happen. He is the best chance we have at winning right now, and I am glad that someone is stepping up and taking a stand in the media.

Reactions: 19 people

It's funny...the same people who bashed Swain for being critical of Butch, and made fun of his show, will likely latch on to his points about Dobbs. I'm not pointing at you O.P.

No you are right?

No you are right? With all of your facts!!!

Reactions: 3 people

Check his stats. Highest competion % of any QB in the last 13 yrs and he has another year to go. Ainges included. But he can't throw tho Boro.

Reactions: 4 people
The QB is always a popular scapegoat for those unwilling to blame the coaching staff for any transgressions

It all happens subconsciously of course

They know not what they do

He's made some really bad throws, he's made some really good throws. I think if he had a little better coaching he could be one of the top QB's in the country. He still has a problem focusing on the first reciever and not making his progressions.

Dobbs is a huge part of the reason we have as many Wins as we have.

We're only a few good D plays away from being undefeated and ranked # 1 in the nation.

Dormady and our other QB's will get their time to prove what they can do.

QB battle next season will be interesting to watch.

I don't think Dobbs will take his starting position for granted and I believe he'll work his (_)_) off to improve his passing before his last Season as a Vol.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 8 people
Dobbs has got some issues with passing accuracy,(unless all our receivers have issues with running correct routes) but has anyone really seriously thought that he should be benched. I think that was all just talk. No one was serious about it. Just running their mouth.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
He's made some really bad throws, he's made some really good throws. I think if he had a little better coaching he could be one of the top QB's in the country. He still has a problem focusing on the first reciever and not making his progressions.

I would disagree to a point, I think sometimes he flys through his progressions and doesn't let it develop enough. That is probably due to the lack of solid OLine play this year, his clock speeding up. But he has been a solid QB for us the past 2 years.

Reactions: 1 person

We're only a few good D plays away from being undefeated and ranked # 1 in the nation.

I don't think Dobbs will take his starting position for granted and I believe he'll work his (_)_) off to improve his passing before his last Season as a Vol.

Wow, that really looks like a butt....

Reactions: 5 people
I totally agree he is our best chance to win and should start. When he is on, it is beautiful. When he is not, it is ugly. But, it still does not change that he is the best to have under center. He is still inaccurate but that is just part of what is reality. Results are what you are judged on regardless and UT is on course to win eight regular season wins for the first time in years. You can see the talent and the entire program getting better. Please just try and enjoy it. Even last year, we were sweating the week before Vandy wondering if a bowl was even going to happen.

There will not be a QB battle next year. Dobbs is the QB until he leaves or gets hurt. Do you think Butch Jones is going to take the leader and stability of the offense and start fresh with a QB battle. I just don't see it happening, and the media will be talking about Josh Dobbs in the off season so all the focus will be on him with this program. Why would Butch bring uncertainty back to the offense? When he has a good QB who wins games.

Dobbs does a lot of things very well: He is a leader, he is a great athlete and is able to make plays with his feet (designed runs and scrambles away from bad blocking). Normally makes good reads and handles the offense. He is a big reason why UT has won 7 games and definitely the best QB on the team and should be the starter this year and next.

For UT to reach it's full potential, he, the receivers, and the OL need to improve the downfield passing game. Incredible how the Vols had 250 yds rushing vs Missouri with absolutely no threat of beating the defense deep. A lot of that was due to Dobbs running ability and reads on the offense. However, Vols need to be able to get some chunks of yardage through the air occasionally.

It's obvious, the OC doesn't have confidence in Dobbs (and the rest of the offense) ability to throw deep or even intermediate routes. This has to improve for next year's team to reach its goals.

Last edited:
Dobbs has got some issues with passing accuracy,(unless all our receivers have issues with running correct routes) but has anyone really seriously thought that he should be benched. I think that was all just talk. No one was serious about it. Just running their mouth.

Go Vols!

But, but he has a career 60.83 completion percentage. Highest of any QB at UT since Peyton.

Reactions: 1 person
Some people underestimate just how much Dobbs running ability helps shadow the deficiencies of the o-line. It prevents D-Linemen from pinning their ears back for a straight on rush. They really have to stay disciplined on their gaps. People are just wayyy to critical. If he could throw like some posters wanted him to he'd be more prolific than Peyton Manning and a better runner than Mike Vick. This just isn't realistic. Swain is spot on with this.

QB play has not been great in the SEC this year...Dobbs is definitely upper third. Folks are just enamored with Dormady's potential.

VN Store

Back