Brian Randolph: 'We're leaving Tennessee in a better place'

kamoshika

"It's just confidence," he said later after he was asked how the program is different now than when he got to Knoxville. "When I got here we were just hoping to win. Now I feel like every single game we go out there and expect to win. In the beginning of the year when we didn't win, it was like it was a big surprise to us. I just think our mentality's changed."
Brian Randolph: 'We've leaving Tennessee in a better place' | Times Free Press

Reactions: 63 people
You have to love this young man after reading this article. I hope he (and all of the other seniors and early draft declarants) go onto great things whether it be on the football field or somewhere else.

Reactions: 17 people
"It's just confidence," he said later after he was asked how the program is different now than when he got to Knoxville. "When I got here we were just hoping to win. Now I feel like every single game we go out there and expect to win. In the beginning of the year when we didn't win, it was like it was a big surprise to us. I just think our mentality's changed."
Brian Randolph: 'We've leaving Tennessee in a better place' | Times Free Press

Yes they are..great job by these seniors who have been through a lot, nice to see them finally getting to see some success..now that we have the players and coaches in place we should be competing for at least the east division for the next few years

Reactions: 4 people
I hope every one of our Seniors get huge applause on Saturday.
They have set the table for our program to return to prominence.

Reactions: 12 people
I hope every one of our Seniors get huge applause on Saturday.
They have set the table for our program to return to prominence.

UT Vol senior football players deserve huge round of applause Saturday! Thanks to all of them for staying the course & bringing the program back. Also, it's great to finally read a column from the Times/Free Press. :hi:

Reactions: 7 people

If you have met his family you understand what and why this is a terrific young man. Thanks Brian, a VFL.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
A big THANK YOU will never be enough for what these young men have been through during their time on the hill.

Now they finally got some good coaches, they have a totally different, positive mentality and expect to Win every game.

Several have worked hard and learned well and have become very good footVol players for us.

Now they at least finally have a good Win streak and a good SEC record to be proud of and they're going to their 2nd Bowl game in a row.

Starters or backups they have all given their all for Tennessee and I appreciate all they've been through and helped us accomplish on the tough road back up the National and SEC mountains.

We are losing a lot of good players and fine young men and we shall miss them all.

Next season we'll see how well they've trained their backups to be ready to become starters

These Seniors are leaving us after this season but part of them and their legacy will still be here playing next season in their positions.

As we see the WINS pile up next season always remember these Seniors that helped teach and train the guys that are still playing in their spots and giving their all for our beloved Tennessee footVol team!

THANK YOU guys!!!

On or off the field I wish all of you the very best of Success and happiness the rest of your lives!

You will always be part of our one Tennessee family and a VFL!

God bless you all!

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Brian Randolph is a good kid who gives his all for Tennessee! Thanks to all the Seniors for helping to bring the Tennessee program back from the bad spot it was in when they arrived as freshmen.

Yes you are young man, yes you are, and there are truly no words to express my personal gratitude to the seniors of team 119 for their dedication and hard work, for their attitude, and relentless pursuit to get better and be better for UT and for the fans! The Georgia game was case in point to how this team fought for several years to get better. More people than not would've given up, but these young men have hung in there and Tennessee is making steady progress! Thank You! You will always be a Vol, and we will always be your fan no matter where you end up in life! God Bless You! GBO, Beat Candy!!!!

These guys have been through hell with us fans. More so than us obviously. But Tennessee is back.

It was hard to see it with these close losses but we fight for a championship earlier than most teams in the league. We are front loaded.

We took everyone to the wire this year that was "better" than us. Arkansas was a bad match up for a young team. But the excuses are over, and we are back to beating teams we need to, and having chances to beat anyone.

It's been a long road and with another solid class and hopefully minimal injuries next year we should be ready to fight for Atlanta, and have a reasonable expectation to be there.

Thanks to these seniors for doing the dirty work so we can be proud on Saturdays again

Reactions: 1 person
Watching a replay of the Mizzou game last night and one thing that struck me was the demeanor of our players. Their body language is just noticeably different than the past few seasons. It's particularly true of the defense, but I also noticed it on the OL. Everything about the way they carry themselves makes you realize that they now expect to win. It was really great to see.

People are really under estimating how much Randolph will be missed next season in the secondary.

Yeah he's been crucial for our backend the past few years but we are in good hands. TKJ,Berry,Griffith and hopefully Warrior.

He's right... and the seniors deserve a lot of credit for sticking it out and helping turn things around. I really hope they get to play a quality team in the Outback Bowl and go out on top with a big win. They've earned it and it would be an awesome end to their UT careers.

Brian Randolph is a really good kid who comes from a family with outstanding values and they have really raised him well. A GREAT church going family and well respected.

Reactions: 2 people
These Seniors were Torchbearers in every sense of the word.

Cannot thank them enough.

34_big.jpg

Scanning thru the AL stats (Randolph, B):

tackles -- 6 solo / 1 assist
Int -- 1 (the only one of the entire game?)

Looks like 2 of his solo tackles were short yardage D. Henry runs.

That was a GREAT GAME. GO VOLS !!

Such a relief to hear that they expect to win! I remember the days of "Well...maybe we can win". Now, the kids are buying into the program and expect to win!

VN Store

Back