Could Butch leave?

willinhf

Just read these quotes on Tennessean.

Butch Jones: SEC coaching takes years off life

Now, I think it would be crazy to leave when you have the talent returning that Butch has, however, this does NOT sound like a coach that is loving the pressures of the SEC.

Any other thoughts? Insights? Could he pull an Urban?

For me the answer depends on ambition and money..how much he has of one, and how much he wants if another.

That's from his press conference today, and the reporter asked him if he felt like he knew what he was getting into in the SEC now that he can look back on it. He didn't sound like he was stressed or going to leave. His point was that it is very competitive but he knew it was going to be hard work. I wouldn't read much into it.

Reactions: 15 people
panic.gif

Reactions: 16 people
That's from his press conference today, and the reporter asked him if he felt like he knew what he was getting into in the SEC now that he can look back on it. He didn't sound like he was stressed or going to leave. His point was that it is very competitive but he knew it was going to be hard work. I wouldn't read much into it.

I hope so. Because I do see a continued upward momentum and trajectory with this team and staff.

Reactions: 2 people
Just read these quotes on Tennessean.

Butch Jones: SEC coaching takes years off life

Now, I think it would be crazy to leave when you have the talent returning that Butch has, however, this does NOT sound like a coach that is loving the pressures of the SEC.

Any other thoughts? Insights? Could he pull an Urban?

Do you think Butch would leave for somewhere like Maryland?

*very very, competitive.

Reactions: 7 people
I like the guy, and he is right about the stress level I am sure, though all FBS coaching jobs have their share of pressure. However, did anyone happen to point out to him that he has had the benefit of having 3 years of the weakest SEC east in a long time?

Reactions: 8 people
Uh huh, he will turn down Gamecock's, LSU and take big Sou Cal $. Chip Kelly will get vols job over Gruden. Unless Urbie comes back to SEC in Knoxville!

Reactions: 3 people
I'm sure he loves all his brilliant, football savy assistant coaches on VN that make his job so much easier. Probably enjoys spending his weekends away from his own family to spend it with a bunch of 17 and 18 year olds, many of who are so self important that he probably just wants them to go eff themselves. Tough way to earn 3 million a year

Reactions: 6 people
I like the guy, and he is right about the stress level I am sure, though all FBS coaching jobs have their share of pressure. However, did anyone happen to point out to him that he has had the benefit of having 3 years of the weakest SEC east in a long time?

I wonder if anyone mentioned that he had to follow one of the worst coaches of all time that left this program in total shambles?

Reactions: 5 people
I'm sure he loves all his brilliant, football savy assistant coaches on VN that make his job so much easier. Probably enjoys spending his weekends away from his own family to spend it with a bunch of 17 and 18 year olds, many of who are so self important that he probably just wants them to go eff themselves. Tough way to earn 3 million a year

VN assistants? Are you kidding? There are guys here on VN that are better coaches than most of D1 coaches. Dont you know we have about 10-20 top shelf, highly qualified head coaches on here? They know more about football than Butch and his staff combined. Do you even VN bro?

Reactions: 7 people
I wonder if anyone mentioned that he had to follow one of the worst coaches of all time that left this program in total shambles?

sure, I think just about everyone gets that. It doesn't change the fact that the east has been easier than usual. Would think that would help ease the pressure a bit. This year, blaming Dooley doesn't really fly as much imo

but to answer OP's question: No chance. The guy likes a challenge and is confident and has worked his tail off getting to this point, and is about to enjoy the fruit of it.

Reactions: 1 person
Well Les would keep everyone on here busy complaining. I mean if LSU is willing to pay $20 million to get rid I him I'll stick with Butch

While I'm sure you are right people would complain on here, if we are basing this on results on the field, there is no comparison here. Les wins handily.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back