Here's the latest ESPN Bowl Projections

VolFootballnut

Schlabach thinks Tennessee plays Northwestern in the Outback Bowl while McMurphy thinks Tennessee will play Nebraska in the Music City Bowl. Schlabach also thinks Houston plays Florida State in the Peach Bowl while McMurphy thinks Houston plays Louisiana Tech in the St Petersburg Bowl. Schlabach thinks Stanford plays Iowa in the Rose Bowl while McMurphy thinks Stanford plays Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

College football bowl projections after Week 12

It would be nice for Tennessee to get a well deserved revenge on Nebraska.

Reactions: 2 people
Penn State or Nebraska if we play a Big 10 ( slow) team.. I hate the bowl tie ins.. Should just put a bunch of interesting match ups together and let them play.

Reactions: 3 people
Come on Guys and Butch slap Vandy so we can go Outbacking!! :rock::rock:

I want to go to the Outback and I want an "Official Red Rider 200 Shot Range Model Air Rifle"!! :):)

10037-albums19-picture5191.jpg

"Lucky it has a compass in the stock!"

Reactions: 4 people
So McMurphy thinks Nebraska will pull off a monumental upset on Saturday and beat Iowa - because that is the only way Nebraska is bowl eligible.

Reactions: 4 people
I think I said this before but after we win Saturday we'll be going to Tampa. They saw the throngs of orange clad fans in Jax last year.

Reactions: 6 people
I think I said this before but after we win Saturday we'll be going to Tampa. They saw the throngs of orange clad fans in Jax last year.

Agreed...if you like ticket sells, you invite Tennessee to your bowl.

Michigan's big problem against Stanford(as it will be against Ohio St)is their weak run defense. McCaffrey will get 150+ yards against Michigan.

Have you guys see where McCaffrey has put up the 2nd most all time all purpose yards already this season? More than Reggie Bush and just behind Barry Sanders. Wonder why he doesn't get any Heisman discussion?

Have you guys see where McCaffrey has put up the 2nd most all time all purpose yards already this season? More than Reggie Bush and just behind Barry Sanders. Wonder why he doesn't get any Heisman discussion?

With the advent of the playoff you may never see a Heisman winner whose team isn't projected to be in said playoff.

Reactions: 2 people
I've looked at the standings and rankings a couple times and compared them with the bowl projections, but I still think the handshakes in the conference room of the SEC will determine where we go. To help our chances...who are we pulling for? Here are my thoughts...

Missouri @ Arkansas - Missouri
Florida State @ Florida - Florida (If UF has 3 losses the SEC could miss out on a top bowl and move everyone down)
Georgia @ Georgia Tech - Ga Tech?
Louisville @ Kentucky - Doesn't Matter
Alabama @ Auburn - Doesn't Matter
Ole Miss @ Mississippi State - Miss State?
Texas A&M @ LSU - Doesn't Matter

*Florida vs Alabama in the SEC Championship - Bama

What do you think about this?

Come on Outback bowl!!

good gosh there sure are too many bowls. some of those teams going bowling are just awful. at least we are an average team. I know I'm old but I remember when there were just the four major bowls and about 4 lesser bowls. really meant something to go to a bowl game. oh well.:mf_surrender:

We don't gain anything but extra practice by playing Northwestern. Beat them and it is well, you should beat them. Lose, and it is the end of the world.

No benefit for winning, huge consequence for losing.

Yeah he's had a monster season and deserves to be at least invited to the Heisman ceremonies.

VN Store

Back