Possible 9-4 season and still unhappy fans!

1truevol

It amazes me that this team is likely to finish 9-4 counting a bowl win...and we will still have some unhappy fans! We will have a certain percentage of fans that will instinctively focus on the "we could've/should've won this or that game" instead of appreciating this program's progress and accomplishments! There are one or two plays in a game that can determine it's outcome. Unfortunately we didn't catch every break this year...THAT'S FOOTBALL!!! To you Negavols...please jump ship...jump on somebody else's 11-1 or 12-0 bandwagon...but don't ever confuse yourself with a true Volunteer fan. This team and coaching staff have shown a TON of heart, effort, dedication, and most of all PROGRESS!!! I'm very proud of our team and coaches who give their all for Tennessee everyday! GO VOLS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 72 people
It amazes me that this team is likely to finish 9-4 counting a bowl win...and we will still have unhappy fans! We will have a certain percentage of fans that will instinctively focus on the "we could've/should've won this or that game" instead of appreciating this program's progress and accomplishments! There are one or two plays in a game that can determine it's outcome. Unfortunately we didn't catch every break this year...THAT'S FOOTBALL!!! To you Negavols...please jump ship...jump on somebody else's 11-1 or 12-0 bandwagon...but don't ever confuse yourself with a true Volunteer fan. This team and coaching staff have shown a TON of heart, effort, dedication, and most of all PROGRESS!!! I'm very proud of our team and coaches who give their all for Tennessee everyday! GO VOLS!!!

#likeabrokenrecord

Reactions: 11 people
After the last decade I don't know any Vol fans that won't be happy with 9-4, perhaps you do.

Reactions: 2 people
This team is clearly better than last year. I'll never be happy about the Oklahoma or Florida games. Those were wins that slipped away. But we are clearly better, clearly heading in the right direction. We are consistent o line play and a downfield passing attack away from being elite. Hopefully another year of experience gets us there. Go Vols.

Reactions: 4 people
Negavols wont be happy until CBJ is fired or leaves for another head coaching job.
The first segment of your statement is correct. The second, though, should be left out. Like my widowed sister-in-law in Poughkeepsie, they won't EVER be happy. In this case, even if Gruden (or whoever else is high on their dream-coach list) were hired to replace Butch, they'd find a way to b***h and moan. I wasn't alone in stating at the beginning of the season that UT could win 10 if and only if the injury bug didn't bite them. Well, it did and I'm proud of these men in fighting through this adversity to win 8 (Yes, we'll wipe the out the 'doors) or 9.

Reactions: 14 people
gehen_team_rah_rah_rah_t_shirts_und_geschenke_poster-r675912d2e9f3451082bb4830df5c71e2_w2j_8byvr_512.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Not wanting Butch fired at all or his coaches just hope they learned some valuable lessons about the first part of the season--conservative game plans will get you beat in the SEC. If you can't develop a viable pass game to keep the D guessing there's normally too many in the box even for the best runners. You see what happened to LSU's premier running back yesterday. You saw another running back calling out a coaching staff for a too conservative game plan which did not allow them a (good) chance to win (forgot what team that was; I saw it today) but that's exactly what happened the first 4 games of our season. Did our players have chances to make plays, yes. However, poor conservative play-calling resulted in us losing those leads. If you can't see that then you are in denial. However, I am a true fan but not blinded by orange-colored glasses. This team has progressed under Butch and I am proud of them because they have been giving it their all.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not unhappy. I'm glad we have a good coach and I'm excited about our current roster and, especially, their potential over the next two or three years. That said, it's not crazy to speak truthfully about the fact that we don't have a great coach who probably doesn't have what it takes to win championships. After all, there are only a handful of programs at any given time that have what it takes to do so. For die hard fans like me, we just hope our time will come around sooner than later. But calling it like it is doesn't make me a negavol and it doesn't mean I think Butch should be fired. It just means that I'm upset that our most recent hire won't go down as the greatest coach ever. Why is that so hard to understand?

Reactions: 3 people
It amazes me that this team is likely to finish 9-4 counting a bowl win...and we will still have some unhappy fans! We will have a certain percentage of fans that will instinctively focus on the "we could've/should've won this or that game" instead of appreciating this program's progress and accomplishments! There are one or two plays in a game that can determine it's outcome. Unfortunately we didn't catch every break this year...THAT'S FOOTBALL!!! To you Negavols...please jump ship...jump on somebody else's 11-1 or 12-0 bandwagon...but don't ever confuse yourself with a true Volunteer fan. This team and coaching staff have shown a TON of heart, effort, dedication, and most of all PROGRESS!!! I'm very proud of our team and coaches who give their all for Tennessee everyday! GO VOLS!!!

This post is wrong on many levels. The "negavols" are true Vol fans as much as anyone who is blowing sunshine up CBJ's rear-end. There are no bandwagon fans to jump off. The "negavols" are not your enemy or the enemy of UT athletics but are fans who love their team every bit as much as the Butch walks on water crowd. This true volunteer fan takes his family of five to the games, pays the two night hotel fees, travels to the bowl games, donates to his alma mater and does not need someone to tell me or anyone else who to root for. This season was an improvement but I don't know how it is "showing a ton of heart" for someone to do the job they are getting paid to do.

edited first sentence due to unnecessary combativeness:hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back