How do you eat an elephant?

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
The simple child's riddle is spot on. One bite at a time, step by step, brick by brick, whatever phrase you want to use, is how you do it.

Those of you still saying that we can't beat Florida or Bama with Jones here, surely don't actually believe that?

Reactions: 8 people
I feel like we are coming along just as he planned. Getting better each and every season.

Reactions: 5 people
The simple child's riddle is spot on. One bite at a time, step by step, brick by brick, whatever phrase you want to use, is how you do it.

Those of you still saying that we can't beat Florida or Bama with Jones here, surely don't actually believe that?

Volly, serious question for you:

Why would you believe he will, other than just blind faith?

Not trying to fight or be disrespectful because you are very respectful and I just want to know how you look at this.

I actually think that Butch will fold in those games. He always has. So clearly I'm deeply in the corner of he'll never do it.

But what makes you believe he will break through in one or both games?

Reactions: 4 people

Eat an elephant?
Bama troll, imo.

Not trying to fight or be disrespectful because you are very respectful and I just want to know how you look at this.

I actually think that Butch will fold in those games. He always has. So clearly I'm deeply in the corner of he'll never do it.

Did we beat 2 teams we lost to previously? Teams that you sir PICKED to beat us? Other than blind faith, why do you think you'll be right when you weren't in those 2 games?

Reactions: 12 people

I think when we get players that can be plugged into a spot and do as well as the player they replace, we can execute the game plan that will win. I don't have any reason not to believe that.

Explain more why you think he "folded"?

I haven't seen a reason to think we won't improve. I don't think there is anything pointing to why we wouldn't continue.

Reactions: 1 person
I think when we get players that can be plugged into a spot and do as well as the player they replace, we can execute the game plan that will win. I don't have any reason not to believe that.

Explain more why you think he "folded"?

Not many teams have backups as good as the starters. I'd dare say maybe 3 teams a year can even say they have a few that good.

I say he folded because the team reflects leadership. In the biggest spots, he looked lost or unprepared.

The fg vs Oklahoma.
The terrible 2pt decision vs Florida
The offense looking lost in the last drive vs Florida.
The timeouts that constantly bit Tennessee.
The blown leads in every loss and even in a few wins.

Players played a role in these, but Butch played a large role and is the sole reason for some of them.

Reactions: 6 people
I say for exactly right,Butch is right on track.We fans go a little crazy but this was not the year.Next year we beat Florida and Alabama

Reactions: 2 people
I've been negative at times this year and I do think a couple of those losses should have been wins. I'm also encouraged by what has been clear improvement. I hope they can continue to build on the positives.

I've been negative at times this year and I do think a couple of those losses should have been wins. I'm also encouraged by what has been clear improvement. I hope they can continue to build on the positives.

I'm in the same boat. I'm not a should have could have would have kind of guy. I see continual improvement in the players and coaches.

I say for exactly right,Butch is right on track.We fans go a little crazy but this was not the year.Next year we beat Florida and Alabama
People have forgotten. But prior to SEC media days nobody had UT doing great things this year. The fans nor the media was talking us up so highly. It started there and grew like crazy. In July expectations on this site was overwhelmingly a 7-8 win season with a few on the fringes of both ends. The media was saying the same. Then it got blown up like crazy. Funny how things work. That's why it's best to make your predictions prior to the season when emotions are in check.

Ive also been frustrated with coaching at times this year. But remember how close we were to beating those same teams that are playing for a shot at the national title. Remember how close we are to being undefeated or a 1 loss team in the same shoes as those teams we lost to earlier in the season. Remember that before you go wanting to replace these same coaches some of us lambasted earlier or continue to. This team is getting older and better with every game. bUTch keeps cruitin. We keep edging closer and closer.

I'm starting to make myself consider that, when I go crazy with frustration with conservative play-calling, maybe it's because the coaching staff knows that they don't have the personnel to pull it off at that time --injuries, fatigue, not yet really knowing the complexity of the plays, whatever.

It reminds me of the days of watching kids play club soccer, wondering why on earth they don't just score a goal. It's pretty simple to second-guess from the sidelines.

But dang, I sure hope that we one day see some more sizzle on the field!

Not many teams have backups as good as the starters. I'd dare say maybe 3 teams a year can even say they have a few that good.

I say he folded because the team reflects leadership. In the biggest spots, he looked lost or unprepared.

The fg vs Oklahoma.

Players played a role in these, but Butch played a large role and is the sole reason for some of them.

Thanks for the reply. I disagree that a loss can be put on a coach, or a player. A football game is a cumulative outcome. Every game is full of individual missed opportunities (an offensive or defensive play call, a dropped pass, an ineffective block, a missed route, a slip on a sad playing surface, etc), it's just convenient to point to one or two if it doesn't go your way. I think you build a team that can play the game well enough to compensate for any of those missed opportunities, and win championships. And I still think that's what Jones is doing.

Reactions: 12 people
Thanks for the reply. I disagree that a loss can be put on a coach, or a player. A football game is a cumulative outcome. Every game is full of individual missed opportunities (an offensive or defensive play call, a dropped pass, an ineffective block, a missed route, a slip on a sad playing surface, etc), it's just convenient to point to one or two if it doesn't go your way. I think you build a team that can play the game well enough to compensate for any of those missed opportunities, and win championships. And I still think that's what Jones is doing.

Reasoned and we'll stated. Good job lady.

The fg vs Oklahoma.

We are 5 or 6 plays from being 11-0. Let that sink in for a minute. Yea there were painful mistakes that cost us. The Coach's and players learn and grow as we make this journey. The Coach's have this team playing its ass off with MAXIMUM EFFORT, recruiting is the best it has been in years, and the national media is taking notice. Give it a break man. Nobody folded this year.

Either Debord has to make a quantum leap in performance in his role to get to the next level (10 wins)... orrrr, we (Me, myself and Irene) just don't get the genius of the man... and perhaps great things are just around the corner with this guy on the throttle.

Man i misread the beginning. I thought for sure it was one yard at a time.....JK blue font

VN Store

Back