Dormady

I am interested to see what happens next year. As great as Dobbs is off the field and in the run game, if he doesn't improve his passing, I have a feeling Dormady will be sharing snaps or taking #1 next year.

Reactions: 6 people
I am interested to see what happens next year. As great as Dobbs is off the field and in the run game, if he doesn't improve his passing, I have a feeling Dormady will be sharing snaps or taking #1 next year.

Ha, ha, ha. YOU MEAN MR.LED FOOT.

Reactions: 1 person

Dobbs will be starting the rest of his Tennessee career unless he gets hurt or starts truly playing bad. His stats have been pedestrian recently but not actually bad. Truth be told, with Hurd breaking 150 we didn't need Dobbs doing that much today.

Reactions: 13 people
We did what we needed to do to win. They couldn't score more than 10 points with their offense and we knew that. We played conservative because the only way Missouri wins would be if we turned it over a lot.

Reactions: 2 people
We have to admit that the QB competition is going to be really interesting the next few years.

It's going to be really fun to watch if our commit sticks and nobody transfers out.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Dobbs will be starting the rest of his Tennessee career unless he gets hurt or starts truly playing bad. His stats have been pedestrian recently but not actually bad. Truth be told, with Hurd breaking 150 we didn't need Dobbs doing that much today.
Dobbs leads this team at QB in 2016 barring something crazy like a crack addiction which is unlikely. There would be no quicker way to lose this team as a staff than to bench him during the off season. For every "coach's son" who does well like McLemore there are 10 Maty Mauk's, until Dormady can get it done he sits and watches Dobbs or someone else at UT play in front of him. Do not rule out Sheiron Jones being #2 going in to our 2016 campaign.

Last edited:
Dormady may be more accurate downfield but we've seen he isn't the threat to run that Dobbs is. Take that threat away and defenses can key on our running back every play and we don't have the running success we've had that has led us to victory. Dobbs may not be the deep threat everyone wants but he does everything else that helps this team be successful.

Reactions: 3 people
I for one do not want a statue at QB. We've had enough of that for several years. Dobbs (when healthy) is fun to watch and he gives our offense an added dimension that most defenses struggle with. Besides that, he's probably thrown 40+ passes this season of 30 yards or more right into the hands of an open receiver who then promptly drops it. Some of those could have been game winners btw.

Seriously guys? We've won 4 straight and dobbs has won way more than he's lost. We're poised to have the best season we've had in years and you want to undercut the quarterback who has given it to us. For shame.

Reactions: 4 people
Dobbs leads this team at QB in 2016 barring something crazy like a crack addiction which is unlikely. There would be no quicker way to lose this team as a staff than to bench him during the off season. For every "coach's son" who does well like McLemore there are 10 Maty Mauk's, until Dormady can get it done he sits and watches Dobbs or someone else at UT play in front of him. Do not rule out Sheiron Jones being #2 going in to our 2016 campaign.

Or Sheriron Jones...though there aren't any indications he runs any faster than Dormady. #Stereotypes. :)

Reactions: 4 people
A lot of this depends on OC next year. Personally, I'd love to see a two QB system...makes tougher on Ds to prepare for us. To me, a/o now, Dobbs is a poor man's Dak Prescott...now if he (Dobbs) improves and closes that gap...stick with him.

Not necessarily true. If Dobbs is in it does not work if he does not run.

You cant say what it woukd do if a really good passer was back there.

Brendon Kay functioned WAY better in this offense than Munchie Legeaux...guess who was more athletic? :)

Seriously guys? We've won 4 straight and dobbs has won way more than he's lost. We're poised to have the best season we've had in years and you want to undercut the quarterback who has given it to us. For shame.

No one on this board has a say. I'd concentrate on fighting terrorism. :thumbsup:

The most popular guy on any football team is the backup quarterback. Until he becomes the starter.

Yes, but unfortunately this guy will probably never be the starter..... We will keep Dobbs next year and JG will be a freshman. Once he has a year in the system under his belt, JG will BALL OUT. He is the first true dual-threat we have had and we will not have to chance the offensive scheme with him, but would have to some what with Dormady...

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back