Butch deserves NO Raise and NO extension

jasonvols2.2

He doesn't need to be fired of course. There are a bunch of openings, and I doubt Butch would leave. But he has done nothing this season to be rewarded.

Reactions: 51 people
He is improving week too week year to year he has done a remarkable job at recruiting we should be 8-4 @ a bowl win having us at 9 butch will have schools drooling over his recruiting and teams improvements. We need to lock him down let his plan work out I think were not to far away

Reactions: 43 people
Bowl eligible with 2 games to play. When was the last time we could say that? Has it been pretty? NO, but a win is better than a loss any day. Anyway he just got a raise last year. Last year everybody just wanted to be competitive, and now they are.

Reactions: 14 people
IF we finish 8-4 he should get a minimal bump and 1 yr extention to show recruits the AD has faith in him.

Reactions: 16 people
You could tell they put very lil game prep into this game. They were already prepping for the next game, which is what I would have done as well.

Reactions: 5 people
I wish that I could find a job and be slightly better than the guy who I replaced who happened to be one of the worst to ever hold that type of job worldwide and have bosses willing to throw money at me for being a little better than that other guy.

The next two games will be very telling. Two more teams that we absolutely should have no problem putting away. Let's see how Butch handles #WhiteoutDiscipline #ColdgameDiscipline

Reactions: 24 people
Back to back bowl games since...?

I think the negavols would rather have Tennessee not go to a Bowl game so they would have something to beeyotch about. They make such a routine about picking the other team to beat Tennessee that you have to wonder if they're really rooting for Tennessee's opponents.

Reactions: 6 people
What do you mean he's done nothing????
We've been competitive in every game we've played this year!!!
We're bowl eligible faster than we've been in many years!!!
We have a chance at our best W/L record in almost a decade!!!

Reactions: 6 people
I think the negavols would rather have Tennessee not go to a Bowl game so they would have something to beeyotch about. They make such a routine about picking the other team to beat Tennessee that you have to wonder if they're really rooting for Tennessee's opponents.

It's a 11am game against a 1-9 team. Hard for anybody to get pumped.

Reactions: 2 people
He is improving week too week year to year he has done a remarkable job at recruiting we should be 8-4 @ a bowl win having us at 9 butch will have schools drooling over his recruiting and teams improvements. We need to lock him down let his plan work out I think were not to far away

He signed an extension and got a healthy raise last season.

Tennessee Volunteers extend Butch Jones contract through 2020 season

What is Hart supposed to do, give him an extra half million for each extra win he gets a season and extend him by five years e very time they become bowl eligible?

Reactions: 9 people
All the teams we barely lost to are looking really strong right now i'd say Butch is doing aight! Quit expecting miracles, we aren't Florida..

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back