Alabama's offensive line.

holtridge

Quick question. How do you guys rate Alabama's offensive line compared to the other thirteen teams in the SEC? Thank you.

Well Arkansas has the best. I would say 2-5 range.

Arky has the BIGGEST but I'm not sure it's the best. Their line is very good though for sure

I have no clue on bama's line but I would expect them to have size and depth. Derrick Henry's numbers say they can probably block too

Reactions: 2 people
Quick question. How do you guys rate Alabama's offensive line compared to the other thirteen teams in the SEC? Thank you.

They are about as good as you can get. They aren't as big as Arky or UF but they do their job and have always been able to run on anybody since Saban has been there. I would take their Oline all day.

Reactions: 1 person
Arky has the BIGGEST but I'm not sure it's the best. Their line is very good though for sure

I have no clue on bama's line but I would expect them to have size and depth. Derrick Henry's numbers say they can probably block too

Agreed. They are huge and it works for them but when they play a good DLine they aren't any more effective than other more talented but smaller lines. They only had 44 rushing yards against Ala so being the biggest doesn't make them the best.

I think we'll fare better against Alabama's line come the second half than we did against Ark's during that game. It's a real burner to have 320+ pound men leaning on your defense when they've been on the field more than they should be expected to. I'm not saying Alabama's o-line is a slouch, just that hopefully it won't matter as much if our offense has found some kind of a groove to balance it out like they did in the Georgia game and helps our defense be able to recover during the offensive possessions.

Losing Tuttle will hurt us some, no doubt. Hope that some of our other tackles can step it up in his absence.

Last edited:
well...with a full complement of healthy D linemen we'd stand a chance. With Tuttle's injury it gets a bit tougher....not to mention some of the other guys are banged up. Saw somewhere else somebody mentioned putting Mosley in there to help....not a totally bad idea if he can learn the plays in 2 weeks. We'll also need very solid LB play....and the backend needs to step up in a huge way.

Like him or not, and I don't either, Kiffin will have some special stuff drawn up for this game....but he can be a bonehead too....ala OSU and Ole Miss. If our DB's don't improve quickly....it's going to be a long night/afternoon in Tuscaloosa.

Daniel Hood just confirmed what a lot of people were suspecting, losing Shy before this game is a huge blow. The rest of the teams on the schedule aren't as physical upfront.

Man this is a huge loss on the DL.

Their OL is elite. Saban knows how to coach up OL. With our lack of a pass rush this season, it could be a long day for our DL. Also they have a RB duo that rivals what we have. This is going to be one tough game.

All I keep hearing is about bamas Defense line. Everbody is raving about the 8-10 man rotation. As for the O-line they are as good as Arkansas IMO not as big but more talent and nastier

Daniel Hood just confirmed what a lot of people were suspecting, losing Shy before this game is a huge blow. The rest of the teams on the schedule aren't as physical upfront.

Man this is a huge loss on the DL.

Not trying to be a butt, but that makes no sense. "Confirmed what people were supspecting that its a huge blow".

???

Much better than Oklahoma, Florida, or Georgia's, Not as overall big as Ark but better coached and tougher.. Will be the best OLine we see the rest of the way, but, Mizzou and KY are not slouches

All I keep hearing is about bamas Defense line. Everbody is raving about the 8-10 man rotation. As for the O-line they are as good as Arkansas IMO not as big but more talent and nastier

If Debord pulls off some more coaching genius and gets us into a faster pace, we just might be able to ware them down! I hate to say he has to steal one from Kiffin's book, book we have to exploit the matchups up front!

Not trying to be a butt, but that makes no sense. "Confirmed what people were supspecting that its a huge blow".

???

The timing. He felt like we could sustain the loss easier if it had heppened the week after the bama game. Other teams on the schedule are more spread oriented.

Their OL is elite. Saban knows how to coach up OL. With our lack of a pass rush this season, it could be a long day for our DL. Also they have a RB duo that rivals what we have. This is going to be one tough game.

Their line is not elite. It's good.

The line is good enough we need to be on point with tendencies make some good gambles on some stunts designed to stop run first, but also get some pressure on the QB if they pass. DBs need to disguise the coverage and bait the QB into throwing into coverage, then make the pick. I think Bama is very beatable, we need to build on the Ga game, keep getting better on the field, and coaching.

One thing I do know:

We are coming for you Bama!

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back