Could help for the D-line be moving...

What is up with Big Charles? I had high hopes for him despite broke leg over a year ago.

Charles Mosley and Jashon Robertson to DT's to cover for the loss of Shy Tuttle?

No we have 4, which is one more than we had last year. Hopefully O'Brien, Williams, Vickers, and McKenzie can stay healthy for the rest of the year

Reactions: 1 person
No we have 4, which is one more than we had last year. Hopefully O'Brien, Williams, Vickers, and McKenzie can stay healthy for the rest of the year

We've technically got more than 4. Picou will play according to Jones and they can also slide Mixon and Phillips inside in certain situations.

Reactions: 2 people
Charles Mosley and Jashon Robertson to DT's to cover for the loss of Shy Tuttle?

Not sure how much help that would immediately be moving them in the middle of the season. Bye week would help a little. Big Charles would just be there to eat two OL to make space for the linebackers. That's all I'd see him able to accomplish. And if Jashon is healthy, the OL needs him in a worse way.

I keep forgetting about Big Charles. Loved his fire when he committed. Im really hoping he can pick up the OL skill set and dominate next season.

Wait I got it!!!
We move Hurd and Dobbs to D backfield, to shore up our coverage problems. Speed athleticism power, what a great plan!

Coming out of high school, I thought Charles' best position was nose tackle. He was hard to move and could really stuff up the entire middle. With the Vols playing a 4-3 defense, he is somewhat a man without a position. I watched the tape of him playing guard against WCU. He is rather slow off the ball.

Mosley, like the other freshmen, is improving. As he improves his conditioning and strength, he will get quicker. If needed, I think he will contribute and get better.

Butch said Robertson was expected back, so I'd move Mosley, like yesterday. That would give him these 2 weeks to brush up on what he learned before he moved to OL. We need that other big body DT, next to McKenzie...who it seemed was finally in the regular rotation Saturday. Vickers, Owen Williams and O'Brien are just average SEC, and are undersized.

Butch said losing Tuttle was a big blow. Well, the best way to mitigate the impact is to move Mosley into Tuttle's spot. After they brought Jack Jones in at OG, that told me they have NO intentions, whatsoever, at playing Mosley on OL this year. Stop wasting his size/ability and get him back into the DT rotation...especially on short yardage plays.

Reactions: 5 people
Coming out of high school, I thought Charles' best position was nose tackle. He was hard to move and could really stuff up the entire middle. With the Vols playing a 4-3 defense, he is somewhat a man without a position. I watched the tape of him playing guard against WCU. He is rather slow off the ball.
Butch just said they might have to move to more 3-man fronts. Putting Mosley in the middle, at NT would be perfect for those alignments.

Butch said Robertson was expected back, so I'd move Mosley, like yesterday. That would give him these 2 weeks to brush up on what he learned before he moved to OL. We need that other big body DT, next to McKenzie...who it seemed was finally in the regular rotation Saturday. Vickers, Owen Williams and O'Brien are just average SEC, and are undersized.

Butch said losing Tuttle was a big blow. Well, the best way to mitigate the impact is to move Mosley into Tuttle's spot. After they brought Jack Jones in at OG, that told me they have NO intentions, whatsoever, at playing Mosley on OL this year. Stop wasting his size/ability and get him back into the DT rotation...especially on short yardage plays.

Or perhaps Moseley simply isn't healthy enough or in the shape needed to go yet? He was always considered a developmental prospect. Next spring will be when he gets his shot.

Throw Moseley into the DL, he will be a 180lb hybrid sack o matic... Trust me, I've taken the VOLS to 23 straight bowl wins on Xbox.

VN Store

Back