Dantonio to S. Carolina? His Alma Mater....

madbamahater

MSU is paying him roughly 3.7 mil I think. If South Carolina offers him around 5 million wonder if he would go.

He played at USCjr and is a native of the South.

Would he return? Especially with Urban and Harbaugh being in the big 10?

**Shout out to my buddy who informed me that Dantonio is a former Game Cock.

Let me see. Leave a team ranked at the top for a team ranked at the bottom. Makes perfect sense.

Considering he has been coaching for nearly 30 years and not one of those years has been at SC even as a graduate assistant, it seems very unlikely imo. He is also from Texas and that job may be opening which would be a much better fit for him

Reactions: 2 people
MSU is paying him roughly 3.7 mil I think. If South Carolina offers him around 5 million wonder if he would go.

He played at USCjr and is a native of the South.

Would he return? Especially with Urban and Harbaugh being in the big 10?

**Shout out to my buddy who informed me that Dantonio is a former Game Cock.

Harbaugh went to HS in Ann Arbor, went to college there and is now back home.
Urban Meyer was born and raised in Ohio and is now back home.

Dantonio was born in El Paso TX. His family moved to OH when he was one year old, where he lived until graduating HS and moving on to USCe. I wouldn't call that "native of the South".

Reactions: 1 person
Let me see. Leave a team ranked at the top for a team ranked at the bottom. Makes perfect sense.

So now with Urban and Harbaugh to compete with that wouldn't factor? Money wouldn't factor either?

Just a thread for discussion. Really no need to get mad about anything.....

just dont see the job in Columbia as one of the better in the South. D'Antonio could win where he is or wait for a better position.

SC is in a bad spot..... Outside of having a name coach.. They having nothing to really sell.. Clemson is a better program, GA, TN both recruit in their state

If Dantonio goes to Gamecocks, would Mich State show any interest in Michigan native Butch Jones?
Would Butch think about it if he feels let down by Vol fans/media over the Crowder thing and criticism this season for coaching mistakes?

If Dantonio goes to Gamecocks, would Mich State show any interest in Michigan native Butch Jones?
Would Butch think about it if he feels let down by Vol fans/media over the Crowder thing and criticism this season for coaching mistakes?

The mattress business in East Lansing would look like the California gold rush if that happened. So no.

I don't see Butch going anywhere until he get things turned around a UT.

Reactions: 1 person
I think there are some nice up and coming HCs at smaller schools that could do well at USC. I didn't cross my mind until some one else mentioned it but Fuentes at Memphis would be a good hire for someone.

Dantonio doesn't want to follow Spurrier anywhere but into retirement someday. Look at what happens to coaches that follow legends ... Bryant, Fulmer, Hayes, Osborn, Paterno, etc. It is not a happy place for most.

I don't see it. USCjr is going back to the bottom.

lee-corso-sucks.jpeg

They have the time to make a good hire. The program isn't that bad off. There's a decent amount of talent. Good in-state recruits.

Hope not. Couldn't blame him though. The whole crowder thing was ridiculous and embarrassing.

SC's last 2 hires - National Championship coach Lou Holtz and National Championship coach Steve Spurrier.

TN's last 2 hires - Butch Jones and Derek frikkin Dooley.

Perspective

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see them pull in a big name coach...again.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back