Jr. Class Ranked #2
So. Class Ranked #22
Fr. Class Ranked #7

Butch Jones/ Year 3 since everyone has decided he can't win here
Sr. Class ranked #17
Jr. Class Ranked #21
So Class Ranked #5
Fr Class ranked #5

I am not sure if you all have ever looked at our rosters from compaired to our recruiting class for our Sr's and Jr's But let me just name a few that are missing.

Bonner, Bourque, Bowles, Gray, Hill, Howard, King, Lewis, McCullers, Meridith, Patterson, Peterman, Phillips, Sentimore, Taylor, Watson thats from the 2012 class

Here is everyone gone from the 2013 class.

Branisel, Brown, Carr, Ferguson, Harris, Jenkins, Johnon, Jones, Lee, Miller, Quinn

Now with that all being said I would love for some of the fans to pump the breaks just a little. Put a little bit of a prespective on where we are talent wise compaired to the coaches that come in and change things quickly. I can promise Butch jones would have rather came into anyone one of those rosters than what he walked into. If he can continue to have top 5 classes we will win. It does not take a brain scientist to realize how thin we are and that no one wins national championships with out upper classmen!

Reactions: 19 people
It's folly to even compare Jones to Natty winning coaches when he blows 2-score leads 3 times in 5 games.

Just... put it to bed. Jones and his questionable OC hire have 7-5 or even 8-4 they can hit given the talent to show they are even middling coaches.

Right now they're squandering talent no matter how hard Jones and the Spin Doctors try to misrepresent the way the season has gone.

Cut the excuses and start winning something. Anything at this point will suffice.

Reactions: 24 people
I still feel its a depth issue which recruiting takes care of. I wonder if there is a stat somewhere that compares how many snaps our starters have played compared to the other teams per game.

Reactions: 1 person
I still feel its a depth issue which recruiting takes care of. I wonder if there is a stat somewhere that compares how many snaps our starters have played compared to the other teams per game.

The depth issue shows in the 4th quarter with a tired defense and players that can't make plays. Coaching has a part in the problem, but both sides are contributing to blowing the leads.

Reactions: 6 people
It's folly to even compare Jones to Natty winning coaches when he blows 2-score leads 3 times in 5 games.

Just... put it to bed. Jones and his questionable OC hire have 7-5 or even 8-4 they can hit given the talent to show they are even middling coaches.

Right now they're squandering talent no matter how hard Jones and the Spin Doctors try to misrepresent the way the season has gone.

Cut the excuses and start winning something. Anything at this point will suffice.

There is no hope for you as a person if you honestly think that someone can win in the SEC with freshmen and sophomores. I'd love for someone to post how many Jr. and srs were drafted from those teams that one the championship as well. We won't even be close. Everyone on here needs to just let the guy do his thing. If he can't win with his own Jr and Sr. class then he sucks. But there is no way on earth you can say that right now playing freaking more freshman the last two seasons than any team in the country. Not to mention WE PLAY IN THE SEC!

Reactions: 9 people
The depth issue shows in the 4th quarter with a tired defense and players that can't make plays. Coaching has a part in the problem, but both sides are contributing to blowing the leads.

What fatigue showed in the Florida loss? We had them stopped again and again. We just didn't go for the kill on fourth.

The defense was tired against Oklahoma because we spent the second half punting the ball back to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
There is no hope for you as a person if you honestly think that someone can win in the SEC with freshmen and sophomores. I'd love for someone to post how many Jr. and srs were drafted from those teams that one the championship as well. We won't even be close. Everyone on here needs to just let the guy do his thing. If he can't win with his own Jr and Sr. class then he sucks. But there is no way on earth you can say that right now playing freaking for freshman the last two seasons than any team in the country. Not to mention WE PLAY IN THE SEC!

No one said win the SEC. He simply said Butch has cost us games, which is fact.

Reactions: 11 people
What fatigue showed in the Florida loss? We had him stopped again and again. We just didn't go for the kill on fourth.

The defense was tired against Oklahoma because we spent the second half punting the ball back to them.

Agreed. Debored's Prevent Offense has got to stop and our D would improve if once in a while our coaches could formulate a strategy on how to win.

What fatigue showed in the Florida loss? We had them stopped again and again. We just didn't go for the kill on fourth.

The defensive backs looked tired in the 4th against Florida. On several of those completions, especially their last touchdown, the guy just ran out and turned around to be open. Doesn't matter what scheme you run, that doesn't happen against fresh legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAKPJEq1Ew

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I'd take a top 15-20 ranked class where most of the signees are still on the roster in year 3 and 4 vs a top top 5 class with mass attrition. Bama doesn't have players leaving like we have seen.

How are our two top 5 classes holding up so far? If we can get them to be Juniors and Seniors we might be OK even if Butch isn't the greatest gameday coach.

Haven't seen that Daj guy in a while (can't remember the name but think that was the first bit). He used to try to drill this into everyones head all the time. Guess he finally gave up lol

There is no hope for you as a person if you honestly think that someone can win in the SEC with freshmen and sophomores. I'd love for someone to post how many Jr. and srs were drafted from those teams that one the championship as well. We won't even be close. Everyone on here needs to just let the guy do his thing. If he can't win with his own Jr and Sr. class then he sucks. But there is no way on earth you can say that right now playing freaking more freshman the last two seasons than any team in the country. Not to mention WE PLAY IN THE SEC!

Players drafted coming off of NCs? What I came up with was..

Alabama had 6 players drafted in the 2010 draft (2 first rd picks)

Florida had 7 drafted in 2007 (2 first rd picks)

LSU had 6 drafted in 2008 (1 first rd picks)

Saban/ First championship at AL 2009
Sr class ranked #11
Jr. class ranked #10
So. Calls ranked #1
Fr. Class Ranked #1

Urban Myer/ First Championship at FL 2006
Sr. Class ranked #2
Jr. Class ranked #10
So Class ranked #15
Fr class Ranked #2

Les Miles/ First Championship at LSU 2007
Sr. Class Ranked #1
Jr. Class Ranked #2
So. Class Ranked #22
Fr. Class Ranked #7

Butch Jones/ Year 3 since everyone has decided he can't win here
Sr. Class ranked #17
Jr. Class Ranked #21
So Class Ranked #5
Fr Class ranked #5

I am not sure if you all have ever looked at our rosters from compaired to our recruiting class for our Sr's and Jr's But let me just name a few that are missing.

Bonner, Bourque, Bowles, Gray, Hill, Howard, King, Lewis, McCullers, Meridith, Patterson, Peterman, Phillips, Sentimore, Taylor, Watson thats from the 2012 class

Here is everyone gone from the 2013 class.

Branisel, Brown, Carr, Ferguson, Harris, Jenkins, Johnon, Jones, Lee, Miller, Quinn

Now with that all being said I would love for some of the fans to pump the breaks just a little. Put a little bit of a prespective on where we are talent wise compaired to the coaches that come in and change things quickly. I can promise Butch jones would have rather came into anyone one of those rosters than what he walked into. If he can continue to have top 5 classes we will win. It does not take a brain scientist to realize how thin we are and that no one wins national championships with out upper classmen!

Why did you choose 2006, 2007 and 2009?

Wasn't OH St. pretty young last year?

No one drafted last year. Which seniors on this team would get drafted? If the JRs stay, that's 2 years in a row that UTs upperclassmen aren't drafted. That's bad

Dooleys last class was grossly overrated. Guys like Meredith and Bonner raised the rating but neither played a down I don't think. Meredith was hurt from day 1 and most schools ran from Bonner due to his character.

VN Store

Back