Who is better -

1SmokinVol

Oklahoma? or Georgia?

My opinion is that Oklahoma is a little better than Ga. Okie has a good QB, great RB, and a good defense. Georgia slightly worse Definitely worse QB, better RB..

What say you VN?

Georgia is a lot better at running the football. TN didn't look so great last week defending the run. Matchup nightmare imo

Reactions: 3 people
Sooners IMO. I think OU would lose to Bama this year but not as bad as UGA did.

Georgia is a lot better at running the football. TN didn't look so great last week defending the run. Matchup nightmare imo

I'm not sure that Georgia has the sheer size on the offensive line that Arkansas had. Don't get me wrong UGA has a good offensive line, but I font know if they will be able to push around the D tackles as well.

Oklahoma? or Georgia?

My opinion is that Oklahoma is a little better than Ga. Okie has a good QB, great RB, and a good defense. Georgia slightly worse Definitely worse QB, better RB..

What say you VN?

There's so much uneven play this year in college football it's hard to say which team is better than another. Some of that probably has to do with the number of unproven QBs; some of whom were heavily hyped in the preseason by the pundits. A lot of these games simply come down to match ups and mental mistakes. Twenty one of Bama's points against Georgia on Saturday were due to mental mistakes by players not doing what they're coached to do.

I would say OU has a slightly better defense and slightly better offense. Pretty much the same though on paper. Hope we bring our 4 qtr A game and smoke (pun intended) them.

I'm not sure that Georgia has the sheer size on the offensive line that Arkansas had. Don't get me wrong UGA has a good offensive line, but I font know if they will be able to push around the D tackles as well.

Georgia's O-Line is not as big as Arkansas'. Pyke and Theus are the only two over 300lbs. I watched the Tennessee-Arkansas game and Georgia played Arkansas last year. Arky's line is big, but they are kind of slow. They are more like road graders. Georgia's O-Linemen rely a lot on technique. I would describe it more in terms of turning a defender and getting them off balance, rather than pushing them straight ahead. They're really just trying to create some daylight for the RBs to squeak through. RBs with a good burst don't need much of an opening to get through the D-Line. Also, Georgia's TEs are very involved in their blocking scheme. If the TEs can't block they don't play.

What difference does it make? This year's team has demonstrated that the better team doesn't mean much when the chips are down and "the best staff in America" is involved.

Reactions: 1 person
Oklahoma? or Georgia?

What say you VN?
QB set a record for completion % in a game against a below avg D!

VN Store

Back