What Other Message Boards Are Saying: 2015 UGA Edition

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
It's been a tough week, but the show must go on. We are about to host a deflated UGA team with problems of their own, and we need to come together here.

I apologize for the font change-ups. Something about copying from the UGA boards makes it italicize the words.

They are semi-defeated as a fan base, but pretty confident Tennessee is little more than a glorified stepping stone.
Here's what the Dawg faithful are saying about Saturday's matchup in Neyland:

-I see a repeated theme of them being concerned they will "play down to the level of Tennessee."

-Secondary play seems to be a worrisome area for them.

-"Coaching change" discussions are in full force on their boards after the Bama loss.

-There is ZERO respect for Butch on their boards.

-I could have gone without reading this:

He is 14-16 as Tennessee’s head coach with wins against Austin Peay, Western Kentucky, South Alabama, Utah State, Arkansas State, Chattanooga, Bowling Green, Western Carolina, South Carolina (twice), Kentucky (twice), Vanderbilt and Iowa.

-"Punchgate" is certainly making it's rounds.

-This is interesting: Apparently if they win Saturday it will be the first time they have beaten UT, Vandy, and SC in the same year since 2008.

-This was posted on their board:
@FootballTimeMag: @BrockDodd we weren't there for the whole thing. But the open portion was awful. Players mouthing to coaches, coaches swearing at players.
@FootballTimeMag: @_BlakeTucker players flat out arguing with coaches about drills, etc. very bad.
@FootballTimeMag: Really weird vibe at practice today. Body language wasn't great. Butch, for the first time I can remember, wasn't on the mic. Eerily quiet.

-The thread about Jordan Jenkins praising Hurd and comparing him to Gurley ended up being nothing but a Hurd bash-fest. Zero respect.

Yeah, Hurd does remind you a little of Gurley...Until the start running.
What are you talking about, Hurd is just like him! Except of course for his speed, burst, vision, hands, versatility, explosiveness, stiff arm, strength....
Hurd doesn't hold a nut of Gurleys

-In general they are upset about the line. Some see it as reasonable, but quite a few thought it would be higher

-Score predictions are all over the place but most think we keep it close, with Georgia pulling it out. I counted one poster predicting a UT win.

-This isn't about our game, but this is too good not to post.

I would love to get another shot at the elephants.
I would dearly love to play them on a dry field.

-This certainly seems to be a make or break situation for the fans' opinion of Richt. The vibe I'm getting, and several posts that have hinted at this, is that if UT wins they want to lose out and hope it will spell the end of Richt. On the other hand if they win they feel they need to win out, otherwise it's just another year of Richt's mediocrity.

-They are predicting a massive game out of Chubb. Understandably so.

It will certainly be an interesting day in Neyland, but as I posted before we were 2-3 when we curb stomped them in 2009. I think we can all agree a repeat would be absolutely massive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26 people
@FootballTimeMag: @BrockDodd we weren't there for the whole thing. But the open portion was awful. Players mouthing to coaches, coaches swearing at players.
@FootballTimeMag: @_BlakeTucker players flat out arguing with coaches about drills, etc. very bad.
@FootballTimeMag: Really weird vibe at practice today. Body language wasn't great. Butch, for the first time I can remember, wasn't on the mic. Eerily quiet.

:no:Unsettling

Reactions: 5 people
Dead honest outside of the hurd bashing nothing they said is wrong.

Jones has done little in terms of wins or game day coaching to make UGA nervous about this game. Don't blame them for trashing us.

Reactions: 7 people
Typical GA fans... but until we beat them, what can you say. Other than I hope Hurd runs all over them Saturday!!!

On a DRY field.

Reactions: 2 people
Dear Georgia Fans:

Be VERY VERY VERY cautious about letting go of a coach that wins you at worst 8 games a year.

Reactions: 53 people

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Misdirection boys, misdirection. We have them right where we want them.

Reactions: 3 people
The concern about their secondary play is interesting. We have no passing game. I guess they are worried about their db's getting blocked on bubble screens and sweeps.

The concern about their secondary play is interesting. We have no passing game. I guess they are worried about their db's getting blocked on bubble screens and sweeps.

Once Hurd breaks past the front 7, it's just a twig versus a bulldozer...

We all remember the gif from last year were Hurd drug that UGA DB like 10 yards right?

Reactions: 7 people
Once Hurd breaks past the front 7, it's just a twig versus a bulldozer...

We all remember the gif from last year were Hurd drug that UGA DB like 10 yards right?

Yeah, that was sweet. Hurd needs to have a big game for us to stay in it. Our offense needs to be able to stay on the field to protect our defense in the 4th quarter.

I would like to hear what Fingers has to say about the posts.

On a real note though I can see us playing the game with a high level of intensity, and them leave everything out on that field. I think the coaches will coach loose and make some big 4th down calls... Hopefully Hurd reads this thread and proves that he's every bit as good as Gurley... I think we even open up our passing game... I'm looking for the most complete game in 7 years... Offense, Defense, ST... Vols 37 UGA 27

Reactions: 3 people

I would like to hear what Fingers has to say about the posts.

Im surprised some of you are just now hearing about this. This was from Tuesday and was posted all over VN.

I was really just pointing out that they've seen it now too and they're discussing it.

Reactions: 1 person
LOL, they are right except for Hurd. Butch has no big wins. They certainly should enjoy the "scandal" of Punchgate considering how many years they have dealt with Richt being laughed at for continually underachieving.

They have every right to expect a win. Most posters I saw predicted a 14 pt win or so. Hope the Vols win though after some close games the last couple seasons.

You DUMBASSES just threw the MASSIVE jinx on Mr. Hurd. Congrats!

You should never take pride in someone else's injuries. Don't you KNOW this???:crazy:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back