Addressing the team

vol445

End zone !!!!!
From a fan standpoint. And I am not looking for likes or comments. Actually hope one of them sees this and hangs it in the locker room for everyone to see.

We are fans. We get stupid crazy some times, okay a lot of times. We love to watch the orange and white uniforms that you so proudly wear every Saturday during football season run up and down the field, scoring touchdowns, making interceptions, or defensive stops in general. It whips us into frenzies to see you guys taking care of business. It also unfortunately whips some into frenzies when it doesn't go well for you guys. There will always be those fans that have the want it now syndrome. Heck, I think we all do. You guys included. Nothing is rational in college football fandom. This past week was a joke, only because of the irrationality of the scenario.
You guys, Tennessee Volunteers football team, Tennessee volunteer coaches, head coach to the last graduate assistant. The state of Tennessee is behind you, and I'm sure there are those who would give their left you know what to be on that field for one play with you guys.
Your in the middle of a 10 year up hill climb. Your just about to get over the peak of the last mountain before you can see the mountain of relevance again. Now, is the time to lean on your team mates, coaches, and fans when you think you have no more to give. You've paid your dues in practice, the weight room, class, and film room. You not only deserve to win by God it is your right to win the big games against Georgia, the elephant school, and anybody else that steps in your way. The maxims are there for a reason stick to them and it's yours for the taking. People are saying your gonna lay down if not right off the bat against the Bulldogs then the first time your punched in the mouth. I say bull$@&. Your going to swing and swing for the fence until the final whistle coaches included. Leave nothing on that field, if you come up short so be it. We got your back. But I believe you win and are the class that shows Tennessee football is alive and coming for you.
I will be there for the north Texas game, which will be the first time my daughter or wife sees neyland stadium. I would love to see the Georgia game cuz it will be your coming out party. So go hit them in the mouth and don't hold back not one single play and take what is rightfully yours, take that damn win, you deserve it
Signed,
A vol fan

Last edited:
Reactions: 21 people
Not your best work Barn, the team would be better off just watching this again:

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YtsvsLFYYSg[/youtube]

Reactions: 9 people
Lol. No just fight for the win. I have heard 50 times this week people think they are gonna lay down. I don't believe it and frankly sick of hearing it

Reactions: 4 people
Besides, hasn't Butch already cornered the market on hokey, cheeseball, clichéd speeches and such?

If he tried reading this as a pregame speech, the game might be cancelled due to mass suicide in the lockerroom.

Reactions: 4 people
Haha OP you can't sign your letter as anonymous when you said you are taking your wife and daughter to the N Texas game. Awesome that you are taking your youngin though. Continue tradition.

Haha OP you can't sign your letter as anonymous when you said you are taking your wife and daughter to the N Texas game. Awesome that you are taking your youngin though. Continue tradition.

Yeah I guess they will know it is me when we step on field huh. Lol. Didn't think that out

From a fan standpoint. And I am not looking for likes or comments. Actually hope one of them sees this and hangs it in the locker room for everyone to see.

We are fans. We get stupid crazy some times, okay a lot of times. We love to watch the orange and white uniforms that you so proudly wear every Saturday during football season run up and down the field, scoring touchdowns, making interceptions, or defensive stops in general. It whips us into frenzies to see you guys taking care of business. It also unfortunately whips some into frenzies when it doesn't go well for you guys. There will always be those fans that have the want it now syndrome. Heck, I think we all do. You guys included. Nothing is rational in college football fandom. This past week was a joke, only because of the irrationality of the scenario.
You guys, Tennessee Volunteers football team, Tennessee volunteer coaches, head coach to the last graduate assistant. The state of Tennessee is behind you, and I'm sure there are those who would give their left you know what to be on that field for one play with you guys.
Your in the middle of a 10 year up hill climb. Your just about to get over the peak of the last mountain before you can see the mountain of relevance again. Now, is the time to lean on your team mates, coaches, and fans when you think you have no more to give. You've paid your dues in practice, the weight room, class, and film room. You not only deserve to win by God it is your right to win the big games against Georgia, the elephant school, and anybody else that steps in your way. The maxims are there for a reason stick to them and it's yours for the taking. People are saying your gonna lay down if not right off the bat against the Bulldogs then the first time your punched in the mouth. I say bull$@&. Your going to swing and swing for the fence until the final whistle coaches included. Leave nothing on that field, if you come up short so be it. We got your back. But I believe you win and are the class that shows Tennessee football is alive and coming for you.
I will be there for the north Texas game, which will be the first time my daughter or wife sees neyland stadium. I would love to see the Georgia game cuz it will be your coming out party. So go hit them in the mouth and don't hold back not one single play and take what is rightfully yours, take that damn win, you deserve it
Signed,
A vol fan

Great lil' read there bud. Thanks for being level headed. Go Vols!!!

Reactions: 2 people
I'm sure the team will see this.

......and post it on the bulletin board in the locker room and draw great inspiration from your thoughts! In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the University of Tennessee hired you to be their "Inspirational Coach." :whistling:

Last edited:
It is a frightening thought that players might actually ever be aware of anything that is posted on this site. For the love of God we can only hope that they do not come here.

Ever.

Reactions: 3 people
It is a frightening thought that players might actually ever be aware of anything that is posted on this site. For the love of God we can only hope that they do not come here.

Ever.

lol for real.... except the past players obvs, always love a former players view...........

Reactions: 1 person
We love to watch the orange and white uniforms that you so proudly wear every Saturday during football season run up and down the field, scoring touchdowns, making interceptions, or defensive stops in general.

We also cheer for you when you wear the Smokey Grey uniform.

Reactions: 1 person
OP mentioned in the middle of 10 year uphill climb.
Does that mean 10 more years and we are just at midpoint?

Me before the Georgia game

200_s.gif

VN Store

Back