So we wanna beat UGA

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
Granted, we are no Alabama, not even close. I hate to even have to say that because I hate them more than anything, but let's look at the blueprint laid out.

-Play physical from the start and Lambert and Ramsey crumble like a cookie. Neither qb is very good, and Alabama showed if you throw a little consistent pressure on them, they fail.

-Stack the box, make them throw it. If Chubb gets loose for a few yards here and there, that's okay, but make them THROW THE FOOTBALL!!!

-Run it down their throat and then go over the top.

-Most importantly, GET LOUD NEYLAND!!!

We key here, and of course fix the mistakes of not wrapping up, then we win.

Reactions: 5 people
hope you are right..... they may be missing some WR targets from the reports, really wanna get this W this weekend GBO

Reactions: 1 person
Could this be the turning point? The great big white buffalo win for Butch and the gang? Or is this another flop, and nail in the coffin?
renault-puts-another-nail-in-saturn-s-coffin-11609_1.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Granted, we are no Alabama, not even close. I hate to even have to say that because I hate them more than anything, but let's look at the blueprint laid out.

-Play physical from the start and Lambert and Ramsey crumble like a cookie. Neither qb is very good, and Alabama showed if you throw a little consistent pressure on them, they fail.

-Stack the box, make them throw it. If Chubb gets loose for a few yards here and there, that's okay, but make them THROW THE FOOTBALL!!!

-Run it down their throat and then go over the top.

-Most importantly, GET LOUD NEYLAND!!!

We key here, and of course fix the mistakes of not wrapping up, then we win.

Looks like the same game plan for Arkansas.

Reactions: 3 people
Problem is that is the exact game plan that UGA has for us if you replace lambert/dobbs and chubb/hurd

Reactions: 2 people
There is a lot of similarities in both teams and rely on running the ball. This will be a game of both stacking the box. IMO..... this game will be won by whoever is able to successfully loosen the line by passing. Hurd just needs a small gap to break loose for the long gains.

We haven't put pressure on anyone all year long. We refuse to blitz and that isn't going to change. Any QB who has all day to throw will be successful. Our defensive scheme makes Jeff Driskel look like Tom Brady.

Reactions: 1 person
Prior to the Arkansas game, I felt good about our chances to beat UGA. but now I doudt a win is in the cards. Might happen if UGA has a hangover from the Bama game though.
Lose this one and we will have lost to Florida, Arkansas, UGA & Alabama in conseq. weeks.

Prior to the Arkansas game, I felt good about our chances to beat UGA. but now I doudt a win is in the cards. Might happen if UGA has a hangover from the Bama game though.
Lose this one and we will have lost to Florida, Arkansas, UGA & Alabama in conseq. weeks.

If we can keep Chubb under 150+ yards we can win this game. We struggled with Razorbacks ( Collins ) but he is a very good back as well.

Which means October would have been a horrible month for our Vols. From what I recall Majors didn't do all that great back in the 80's during October. Only until he got into November with the lite weights did he get some victories. But of course we didn't have social media like we have today. Will watch it this week hoping for a win, but not going to be disappointed if we don't. Go Vols!

D has to step up, and we can't leave points off the board like last week! Wr's need to have a BREAKOUT game!!

We haven't put pressure on anyone all year long. We refuse to blitz and that isn't going to change. Any QB who has all day to throw will be successful. Our defensive scheme makes Jeff Driskel look like Tom Brady.

DingDingDing...We have a winner boys. Exactly the problem. We quit blitzing against FL and OK and it cost us 2 wins. The offense is not going to change with DeBord calling plays. The defense better step up or this will be a looooooong game with the RB's that GA has.

Georgia's pass game will probably look amazing against us. Just saying.

And holding Nick Chubb to a few yards here or there will be a real challenge. Remember, Alabama can rely on that front four to get enough pressure on the QB, and they are good enough to be in there on all downs. We just aren't that talented across the board yet. While Alabama presented the blueprint, we don't have the pieces to complete it.

I see this being a game similar to the past 2 years and it will probably come down to critical 3rd and 4th down defense, turnovers, and whether we can move the ball when Georgia makes adjustments.

What if this Saturday is the reverse "hob nail boot" that game is what turned around Georgia's program and got them going into 2002 what if this is the game the Vols win that changes the program ? I mean you honestly never know

A big key to the poor performance by the Georgia QBs against Bama was the ability of Bama's DBs to "pattern match" and maintain tight throwing windows in man coverage. If Tennessee can do that then the Georgia QBs will have trouble throwing. Lambert actually had time to throw on a reasonable percentage of his throws in the Bama game but the windows were so tight he couldn't pull the trigger. As a Georgia fan, I'm just hoping our freshman receivers run good routes so we don't see another pick six on Saturday. Gonna happen though when you have freshman starting.

On the flip side, Georgia's secondary is still a work in progress and they are known to leave pretty big throwing windows on some plays. When they are in sync and on the same page they can look really good, but other times you just sake your head as a fan wondering how a receiver can get so wide open. Don't know which unit will show up Saturday. Rico McGraw may be back starting after tweaking his knee, which may help a little; but probably not much because he is a true freshman and still learning.

Georgia's pass game will probably look amazing against us. Just saying.

And holding Nick Chubb to a few yards here or there will be a real challenge. Remember, Alabama can rely on that front four to get enough pressure on the QB, and they are good enough to be in there on all downs. We just aren't that talented across the board yet. While Alabama presented the blueprint, we don't have the pieces to complete it.

Bama returned eight starters on defense. They rotate in one 300 plus stud D-Linemen after another like they grow on trees. The talent level in their secondary is crazy, and that's suppose to be their weak spot.

If we can keep Chubb under 150+ yards we can win this game. We struggled with Razorbacks ( Collins ) but he is a very good back as well.

If Chubb gets close to 150 yards then that probably means that Michel and Marshall would run for a combined 100 yards or very close to that.

While we have stalled in the second half a couple of times (UF was more of a 4th Qtr stall) we have been able to move down the field at will on a lot of possessions. I think this one (like our 3 L's) comes down to D play. Gotta make plays....especially in the clutch. Regardless of coaching, it's been the reason we've lost at least 2 of the 3...or at least the biggest part.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back