Be realistic and give it time.

coffeevol

regular old member
You guys are worse than a bunch of old women watching Days of Our Lives,

I am not terribly impressed with the team or coaching so far this year. The high lights are Hurd, JRM, Ev Berry. The low lights coaching, clock management, MLB and secondary late in the game.

Barring a video surfacing that shows Butch v. Crowder in a steel cage ladder match, Butch is our coach and will be this year and next. 4 years used to be minimum to build a program back. I know it's frustrating to see McElwain come in a roll. But give it time, if next year is no better at least the cupboard is restocked somewhat. So what, he is rough on players and coaches....it is what it is....we look like idiots calling for the man's head after OU and fl losses, the Arkansas game was bad but let's see how the team reacts, lots of ball left.

Reactions: 3 people

I am not terribly impressed with the team or coaching so far this year. The high lights are Hurd, JRM, Ev Berry. The low lights coaching, clock management, MLB and secondary late in the game.

Barring a video surfacing that shows Butch v. Crowder in a steel cage ladder match, Butch is our coach and will be this year and next. 4 years used to be minimum to build a program back. I know it's frustrating to see McElwain come in a roll. But give it time, if next year is no better at least the cupboard is restocked somewhat. So what, he is rough on players and coaches....it is what it is....we look like idiots calling for the man's head after OU and fl losses, the Arkansas game was bad but let's see how the team reacts, lots of ball left.

It is frustrating to see McIlwain...but gators have a lot of football left. We will see....:)

If next year isn't better, but the new offseason hype videos, internet recruiting rankings, and new hashtag monikers are sufficient, you'll be asking everyone to wait yet another year.

Reactions: 5 people
Florida. 5-0. 1st year. Less Talent. You're being unrealistic by thinking this program can improve under Butch.

Reactions: 7 people
If everybody that is down would just think about what adversity the kids are fighting thru
They would get behind them!

Reactions: 2 people
McElwain... 5-0

Harbaugh... clearly turned the program around

Fuente... turned the dumpster fire that is memphis into a top 25 caliber team

I'm not saying fire butch right now, but I am saying that he clearly doesn't have "It" from what i have seen thus far. To me he is our Ron Zook, but hey, The gators won a natty right after Zook. Keep him for one more year if you want I dont really care either way, someone is going to come in after him with all of this talent he is accruing and start steamrolling people. GBO.

Reactions: 7 people
McElwain... 5-0

Harbaugh... clearly turned the program around

Fuente... turned the dumpster fire that is memphis into a top 25 caliber team

I'm not saying fire butch right now, but I am saying that he clearly doesn't have "It" from what i have seen thus far. To me he is our Ron Zook, but hey, The gators won a natty right after Zook. Keep him for one more year if you want I dont really care either way, someone is going to come in after him with all of this talent he is accruing and start steamrolling people. GBO.
clueless

This could have been posted in 2005

Florida. 5-0. 1st year. Less Talent. You're being unrealistic by thinking this program can improve under Butch.

These losses hurt this year, and I am just saying to call for his head in the middle of the season makes us all look like idiots. The vocal minority of a few hundred doesn't speak nor represent the entire fanbase. Neyland will be packed, vol walk will be packed and the crowd will be clad in orange and white.

Reactions: 1 person
5-7 this year. Maybe 7-5 next year. That sucks. Fire him this year and bring in a chip kelly

If next year isn't better, but the new offseason hype videos, internet recruiting rankings, and new hashtag monikers are sufficient, you'll be asking everyone to wait yet another year.

you try so hard man i will give it to you. thread after thread just hating, crying, and calling for Butch's head. You must be exhausted spitting all this bull**** because i know i am exhausted reading it.

Just go to bed i think you have been up to long lololol.

Take away recruiting rankings and just judge on X and 0s. I see no improvement from year 1 to year 3.

Reactions: 5 people
Do you think we lost those three games due to being less talented or because of coaching? Not being smart here, just genuinely asking.

While I am obviously and painfully aware of the coaching errors. Butch didn't physically miss tackles, get penalties on 4th down, or blow coverage. I agree coaching could absolutely be better but so could the players.

We have lost by an average of 4 point margin so far this year.

moral-victories.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
While I am obviously and painfully aware of the coaching errors. Butch didn't physically miss tackles, get penalties on 4th down, or blow coverage. I agree coaching could absolutely be better but so could the players.

And who do you think is responsible for making sure the players improve from week to week?

Reactions: 6 people
What is his acceptable standard next year? To extend the Florida streak to 12? What if after year 4 he is still 0-12 against UGA, UA, and UF? Is going 9-3 every season great for Butch if they can never beat the three big rivalries?

This Florida streak is venturing on Kentucky territory when it comes to streaks. I don't even expect UT to ever beat Bama as long as Saban is there, so I don't worry about it. But damn, I think people got real pissed because this was the year to end the Florida streak and they couldn't close it. Now, who knows when it may happen.

VN Store

Back