Will Pig's dismissal finally improve WR corps?

BanditVol

Coming in to this season, if you asked me who our two top returning WRs were, I would have said North and Pig. Opinions may vary, but likely they were at least near the top of everyone's list.

Now it turns out that Howard had some ganja issues and North has apparently been dinged up.

I'm not giving the staff a pass on this...for one thing, if North is really less than 100% why keep playing him? He certainly was not that productive. Two, maybe they kept hoping Pig would get his s___ together and so didn't look hard enough to replace him (but should have).

Regardless...now that there is some resolution here, will a couple of the other guys finally step up?

And yes, I know...OL can't protect, Dobbs inconsistent, blah blah blah. But I saw plenty of drops all season long and part of...a very big part of ... a QB being on target is chemistry with the receivers.

I am hoping we have a WR or two finally step up, because Pig is gone and North might as well be. This would be a great weekend to do it.

Ridiculous. There is a reason he had over 600 yards on offense last year. Pig was a huge asset to our offense when he was healthy.

Reactions: 5 people
Ridiculous. There is a reason he had over 600 yards on offense last year. Pig was a huge asset to our offense when he was healthy.

I'm not saying his loss isn't part of the problem, it is.

But now that he's definitely gone, maybe some of the other guys will realize they have to step up.

Worst case...he only had one catch, so it sure as **** isn't going to get worse. :)

I'm not saying his loss isn't part of the problem, it is.

But now that he's definitely gone, maybe some of the other guys will realize they have to step up.

Worst case...he only had one catch, so it sure as **** isn't going to get worse. :)

I imagine other WR on the team knew what he was involved in and what they needed to accomplish with or without him.

Coming in to this season, if you asked me who our two top returning WRs were, I would have said North and Pig. Opinions may vary, but likely they were at least near the top of everyone's list.

Now it turns out that Howard had some ganja issues and North has apparently been dinged up.

I'm not giving the staff a pass on this...for one thing, if North is really less than 100% why keep playing him? He certainly was not that productive. Two, maybe they kept hoping Pig would get his s___ together and so didn't look hard enough to replace him (but should have).

Regardless...now that there is some resolution here, will a couple of the other guys finally step up?

And yes, I know...OL can't protect, Dobbs inconsistent, blah blah blah. But I saw plenty of drops all season long and part of...a very big part of ... a QB being on target is chemistry with the receivers.

I am hoping we have a WR or two finally step up, because Pig is gone and North might as well be. This would be a great weekend to do it.

Understand your point, with the question of whether or not Pig comes back now settled, you're hoping the uncertainty is gone and a WR or 2 steps up and assumes a more prominent role, maybe even decides he's the man/go-to guy. Could happen I guess. Kid at Arky who hurt us Saturday entered the season as their "4th WR"...3 best WRs all lost to injury.

Still awfully tough to lose a dynamic player and your leading WR who came up big at some important times last year. Hard to see where losing him for good makes a bad WR corps better. Hope your theory is right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

He's a senior who has no more eligibility left. This season is over. The goal right now should be to prepare for next year.

I'd rather see the Freshmen get more playing time than a senior.

How was pig's presence detrimental to the WR group??? Please tell me.If you want to improve that group, get rid of Azzani and bring in a qualified WR coach.

Reactions: 8 people
Receivers don't matter if we can't/won't throw them the ball

Reactions: 2 people
It would not matter who we have at receiver. We are no longer WRU with this staff and this Deboring Offense.

I'm hardly a QB coach but it appears to me when Dobbs gets his feet under him and follows through he throws a tight spiral and accurate pass. He is not an accurate passer when throwing on the move or off balance. Part of his problem seems to be mechanics. That said none of the receivers except Wolf have helped him out. Dobbs has thrown a lot of catchable balls that were not caught. Probably get slammed for this but in my view the OL has stepped it up enough to give these guys a chance to make plays in the passing game and they just haven't.

Reactions: 14 people
Maybe I am old school with this one. If you are good player go out and prove it and make the plays. If you do that the coach will have no option but to play you.

Dumb post OP. Pig was a huge weapon on offense. he will definitely be missed. I hope they stick Kamara in his place. That would be a good position for him.

*"On the Azzani front CBJ talk super stupid to Azzani in front of the entire WR core and told him get this **** fixed or you're going to be looking for a job soon. The players said they were astonished to say the least as Azzani is CBJ's golden boy. "

Id be much more worried about this (if its remotely accurate) than I would be Howard leaving.

Reactions: 2 people
The staff needs to tighten up the receiver rotation.

If North is injured, then sit him. No more Pig. So, the rotation should be: Pearson, Smith, Jennings, with Williams coming off the bench. I'd sit Malone until he stops being a non-factor.

I think the problem with our QBs and WR is scheme related. We've made things overly complicated. We don't just let guys run routes and catch balls.

Reactions: 1 person
The staff needs to tighten up the receiver rotation.

If North is injured, then sit him. No more Pig. So, the rotation should be: Pearson, Smith, Jennings, with Williams coming off the bench. I'd sit Malone until he stops being a non-factor.

mtbu.gif

VN Store

Back