Inky reads Volnation

dhb92

Inky Johnson
October 5 at 10:55pm ·

"People dish out temporary negativity that have the possibility to do long term damage in the grand scheme of our program. Recruiting, coaches etc- We lost to OU who is undefeated, Florida who defeated Ole Miss who beat Bama. I don't think we're that far off. One would say look at what Florida is doing with their new coach, stop comparing programs; comparison is the thief of joy and makes you forget that the past two years Butch Jones and his staff has improved our program on/off the field tremendously and Florida didn't fire Coach Fulmer, hire Lane Kiffin and Derek Dooley. You have every right to feel how you feel their your feelings but be cognizant of how the national media portrays our supporters and paint the picture of turning on their coaches & players which can come back to bite us in recruiting. Tennessee is known for being a family and that plays a huge part in the reason recruits want to come to a program and of course wins as well but when another SEC Coach can tell a recruit when it get's a little rocky on rockyTop they turn on you or if our supporters play a part in a scenario where we're looking for another coach who in their right mind would want the job. At a certain point the negativity becomes water under the bridge and counter productive, we lost 3 games and you're basing judgement and trying to say it defines who Butch, his Staff and our players are. That's just like someone judging you off of three bad choices you made. BY THE WAY I'M NOT ON PAY ROLL BY BUTCH OR UT FOOTBALL IN NO FASHION. I just ride for what I believe in.‪#‎ATrueVFL‬"

While I am pretty pissed about our past three losses, especially Ark and UF, I think that the season is salvageable. 7-5 (8-5 with a bowl win) is still reasonable with 8-4/9-3 being plausible **All of which is still an improvement in the post-Fulmer era**. And with how recruiting has gone we may bust through next season, but what will make that extremely difficult is the constant harassment of coaches/players on here and social media.

My main point is that, barring a total collapse, Butch will be here next year. So b*tching about it does nothing except hurt our future in recruiting and overall morale. Because if we go 10-2 or better next year a lot of people on here will look like fools and we could miss on some stellar recruits who see the negative atmosphere around here. I agree that winning cures all, we just might have to hold out a little while longer to reap the benefits. (case in point Cuonzo - who I dislike and is now killing it at Cal). Just my 2 cents. Flame away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 98 people
Honesty, Inky is the freaking man. He just makes me smile every time I hear him. That is a man that gave his all for Tennessee and I have the utmost respect for him. All this drama aside, we still got a program to support through thick and thin. Weather I agree or not, I know I'll always be a VFL.

Reactions: 7 people
After almost 15 years of "waiting for tomorrow", negativity is going to come out. Period.

*****ing on this message board is the only catharsis the fan base will receive since the redeeming wins are yet to come.

It's how this whole fandom thing works...and believe it or not, it isn't contained to ONLY Vol nation.

No need for overly philosophical, religious parallels here.

Negativity is a by product of a prolonged state of losing...winning improves everything...so you know...

Reactions: 23 people
After almost 15 years of "waiting for tomorrow", negativity is going to come out. Period.

*****ing on this message board is the only catharsis the fan base will receive since the redeeming wins are yet to come.

It's how this whole fandom thing works...and believe it or not, it isn't contained to ONLY Vol nation.

No need for overly philosophical, religious parallels here.

Negativity is a by product of a prolonged state of losing...winning improves everything...so you know...

Yarp

Reactions: 2 people
I think this is a good idea. Inky Johnson should post daily motivational videos for several posters on here. Maybe that will help them with their bipolarity.

Reactions: 6 people
Inky Johnson

"People dish out temporary negativity that have the possibility to do long term damage in the grand scheme of our program. Recruiting, coaches etc- We lost to OU who is undefeated, Florida who defeated Ole Miss who beat Bama. I don't think we're that far off. One would say look at what Florida is doing with their new coach, stop comparing programs; comparison is the thief of joy and makes you forget that the past two years Butch Jones and his staff has improved our program on/off the field tremendously and Florida didn't fire Coach Fulmer, hire Lane Kiffin and Derek Dooley. You have every right to feel how you feel their your feelings but be cognizant of how the national media portrays our supporters and paint the picture of turning on their coaches & players which can come back to bite us in recruiting. Tennessee is known for being a family and that plays a huge part in the reason recruits want to come to a program and of course wins as well but when another SEC Coach can tell a recruit when it get's a little rocky on rockyTop they turn on you or if our supporters play a part in a scenario where we're looking for another coach who in their right mind would want the job. At a certain point the negativity becomes water under the bridge and counter productive, we lost 3 games and you're basing judgement and trying to say it defines who Butch, his Staff and our players are. That's just like someone judging you off of three bad choices you made. BY THE WAY I'M NOT ON PAY ROLL BY BUTCH OR UT FOOTBALL IN NO FASHION. I just ride for what I believe in.‪#‎ATrueVFL‬"

While I am pretty pissed about our past three losses, especially Ark and UF, I think that the season is salvageable. 7-5 (8-5 with a bowl win) is still reasonable with 8-4/9-3 being plausible **All of which is still an improvement in the post-Fulmer era**. And with how recruiting has gone we may bust through next season, but what will make that extremely difficult is the constant harassment of coaches/players on here and social media.

My main point is that, barring a total collapse, Butch will be here next year. So b*tching about it does nothing except hurt our future in recruiting and overall morale. Because if we go 10-2 or better next year a lot of people on here will look like fools and we could miss on some stellar recruits who see the negative atmosphere around here. I agree that winning cures all, we just might have to hold out a little while longer to reap the benefits. (case in point Cuonzo - who I dislike and is now killing it at Cal). Just my 2 cents. Flame away.
With all due respect to Inky Johnson how can you not compare Florida and Tennessee
It's human nature.

Inky Johnson

I see nothing that proves he reads this particular site. Get back to me when he has a verified account like Travis Stephens. Then you'll actually have evidence for your claim.

Reactions: 4 people
Amen, brother. I agree with this so much and I am glad a moral authority figure such as Mr. Johnson took the time to comment on this issue. This is a man that has every reason to be mad about something that actually matters in life, but chooses joy instead. I only hope we could be so resilient about football.

Reactions: 4 people
I see nothing that proves he reads this particular site. Get back to me when he has a verified account like Travis Stephens. Then you'll actually have evidence for your claim.

(-disclaimer- I'm honestly not trying to start a fight, I genuinely want to know)

How was his account verified? I missed that.

Inky is a true VFL and gentleman. Hats off to you, sir.

I agree Jones isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but I have a hard time watching winnable games get flushed down the toilet. I think OU is a pretty decent team. Florida seems to have made a phenomenal turnaround, but when we played them that game was winnable. We weren't outmatched. We were resigned to losing. The excitement of beating a supposedly better team is gone from this staff.

I'm fine with getting out played. It happens. But I dont think that has happened the past three weeks.

SMH, Inky Johnson has done more for, given more to, and lived the mantra of Vol For Life more than just about anybody on this board. It saddens me that we as fans think so little of the opinions of the ones who have been there, done that. People like him, VFL34, all the past players and coaches (Dooley and Kiffen excepted) have laid it on the line for us the fans and our great school on fall Saturdays for a long time. As fans it is our right to gripe, but we should all remember that we are just that, fans. We have no real skin in the game.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back