Jones says he thinks the team is improving.

1standgoal

How can you be improving ranked last in the SEC in total defense and 108th in the nation in explosive offensive plays? He must have meant special teams.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm not getting into the improvement argument, but I noticed that you went with total defense and skipped total offense... since we improved from 83 to 42.

Reactions: 9 people
How can you be improving ranked last in the SEC in total defense and 108th in the nation in explosive offensive plays? He must have meant special teams.

Butch thinks you need a lesson in improvement, you don't see what he sees.

You see choking, he sees bricks.

If you can't see improvement in this team since he has taken over it is because you are choosing not to because you are so butt hurt about 2-3. Who really believed we should be 5-0 heading in this game pre season? EVH and..... We should have beaten three very good programs, we are right there at the door, just need to learn how to finish

Reactions: 30 people
I'm not getting into the improvement argument, but I noticed that you went with total defense and skipped total offense... since we improved from 83 to 42.

Because improving is overall. Just as he picked out one facet so did you. If one facet is improving and the other isn't, then it's not likely that the team is improving overall.

Reactions: 2 people
The PLAYERS have done enough to be 5-0, however "bonehead" coach decisions have us at 2-3.............and if the coaches continue to coach like they are SOO SCARED when the games get close going down the stretch, then u will see 2-6 really quick !!

Because improving is overall. Just as he picked out one facet so did you. If one facet is improving and the other isn't, then it's not likely that the team is improving overall.

To say that "explosive plays" and "total offense" are equally nitpicky is laughable.

Reactions: 5 people
Poor ole Butch is playing fireman trying to put out fires everywhere...asbestos underwear anyone. :focus:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
The PLAYERS have done enough to be 5-0, however "bonehead" coach decisions have us at 2-3.............and if the coaches continue to coach like they are SOO SCARED when the games get close going down the stretch, then u will see 2-6 really quick !!

You should watch replays of the game.

It is a combination of coaching and players.

Reactions: 12 people
If you can't see improvement in this team since he has taken over it is because you are choosing not to because you are so butt hurt about 2-3. Who really believed we should be 5-0 heading in this game pre season? EVH and..... We should have beaten three very good programs, we are right there at the door, just need to learn how to finish

Stop living in the ****ing preseason and live in the present. Who cares if we weren't supposed to beat OU before we kicked off? Once we did kickoff and got up 17-0 it was evident we could beat them and should have. Who cares if Arkansas was preseason top 20? They had lost 3 in a row, including to MAC team, and were a 6.5 pt underdog, on the road. Once we jumped out 14-0 it was evident we could beat them and should have. Preseason expectations shouldn't excuse in season results. That's like not rewarding an undefeated SEC team at the end of the desk. because the media didn't expect them to actually go undefeated.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 people

Butch Jones is trying to keep his team from coming apart from all the dumb **** the so called "Fan Base" has been saying ever since they lost. Jones knows the team is struggling be it is his job to try and rally the troops. A good coach will never tell his team they suck.

To say that "explosive plays" and "total offense" are equally nitpicky is laughable.

We're dead last in SEC in scoring defense and 12th in YPG or vice versa, can't remember which is which. That's more than explosive plays.

Edit: I misread his point and thought it said defense. Still my point stands, offense is improving and defense is worse.

No improvement in tackling is a major problem you must put people down on the ground. Fundamental football wins games. :yes:

I think we have improved our overall talent level, unfortunately I think our coaching has hit a "Sophomore Slump"! :no:

Hmm, guess Florida didn't listen to preseason expectations of them finishing next to last in SEC east. Sick of the excuses and mentality that "who really believed we would be that good." Jeez, when is the winning mentality gonna come back!!

Last edited:
Total offense was ranked 18th overall in 2012 with Derek Dooley. So, Butch still has a way to go before he gets to Dooley level on offense through his 3rd year

If we're are last in the conference on defense then looks like he is right on pace with Dooley there

Is it possible to have improvements without victories? Yes.

Is it improvement to get early leads compared to last season? Yes.

Can we be improved and not close out a game. Yes.

Can we be improved and unlucky? Sure.

Am i enjoying answering my own rhetorical questions? Absolutely.

Players have to execute. Period. Players make plays. The coaches even with questionable calls have this team in a posistion to win in all three losses. Nobody stepped and made a game winning play. Anybody see Greer getting on the D for lack of effort on SECN last night? Got to go make the plays, had some one stepped up, we'd be 5-0

I seen alot of sophomore and freshman mistakes on the field not just during the losses but our wins too.

Its part of being young and developing depth. Sorry it isn't fast enough for you.

We should be 5-0...4-1 at the worst. It's like a broken record. Who CARES about what ANYONE said for preseason? The games have played out, and we SHOULD be 5-0 right now. The scoreboard is the only improvement that matters.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back