Facebook post by a Gator Fan

chvy1986

This was posted on FB today by a Gator fan.

Look if you are a Tennessee fan calling for Butch's head your an idiot and should slap yourself immediately.

Butch took over one of the worst shape football programs in the history of college football. Absolute garbage, literally a dumpster fire. He was basically taking over a year one football program. Kiffen screwed you terribly. You basically had no recruiting class the year he left because what recruits he had either went somewhere else or followed him to USC. Not to mention the transfers. Then you make the worst head coaching hire in modern sports. I can't recall a worse head coaching hire in any sport, much less college football in the SEC.

Butch was hired late and didn't have time to put together a full recruiting class that he wanted. So his first year there the incoming freshmen were still Dooley's recruits.

Butch is in year 3 but is truthfully only playing with HIS Freshmen and Sophomores. Keep that in mind. They may have been highly ranked classes, but they are still going to be growing pains. Freshmen will play like Freshmen and Sophomores will play like Sophomores.

The mere fact that you are competing in ball games is a step forward. It took overtime for Oklahoma to beat you. It took 14 points in under 6 minutes for Florida to beat you, and a VERY good Arkansas team won a dog fight with you last night. Keep in mind Arkansas has the biggest offensive line in ALL of football. They were a team that was picked by some as a dark horse SEC championship contender and in some cases even a National Championship contender.

It blows my mind how quick Tennessee fans are to turn on their coach. One week it's ‪#‎butchplease‬ or ‪#‎butchslapped‬ and the next "fire Butch!" "To the gallows with Coach Jones" "pitch forks and torches to his office".

Let me explain something to you spoiled little children, Butch Jones can't run block for Hurd. Butch Jones can't pass block for Dobbs. He can't catch over, under and wide thrown balls for the receivers. He can't make tackles for the defense.

Eventually the players have to make the plays.

Butch Jones has made your program revelant again. Do you not understand that? It doesn't matter how loud you sing Rocky Top. It doesn't matter how many Nike tshirts you buy, how many power T tattoos you get, how man stickers you put on your car or whatever else Tennessee related you spend your hard earned money on, before Butch got there Tennessee football didn't mean a damn thing. I don't care about tradition. That Power T might as well been the logo for a brand of dollar store toilet paper.

Butch changed that. He's changing the perception of your program. He's changing how these kids think. How they carry theirselves. Slowly but surely he's making the necessary changes to bring back Tennessee football from the depths of mediocracy.

You're getting number 1 ranked recruits. Top 5 ranked. Classes. Neyland is rocking again.

You can't see it because you're too stupid to realize it doesn't happen over night. You have to crawl before you walk and you have to walk before you run. You absolutely have to learn how to lose before you can learn how to win. Period.

Butch Jones is the best thing to happen to your school since Fulmer was fired. Don't even get me started on Fulmer, if you think he shouldn't have been fired you probably aren't smart enough to talk football with adults.

Rule of thumb, you give a coach 4 years and reevaluate after those 4.

Yall are pathetic and ignorant. You don't deserve Butch. I hope you idiots get him fired. Because I can assure you, you fire that man, no one in the country will have to worry about Tennessee football for years to come.

So go ahead, ‪#‎vfl‬ to look good on social media and to "fit in". Tell me you bleed orange that's fine, because real football fans can see the fairweather in you. If you can't stand behind someone during the bad, you don't deserve to stand with them during the good.

All of yall calling for his head, when Tennessee books a trip to Atlanta, breaks the Top 10 in the rankings, breaks the Florida streak, and starts contending for championships in the next few years each and everyone of you losers better keep yelling Fire Butch! You better keep telling us what a garbage coach he is. Because you don't deserve him, and you don't deserve to be a fan of the University of Tennessee.

Go buy a crimson tshirt with an ******* A on it, I hear they need some new bandwagon fans anyway, the old ones are starting to fall off and head down south to sunnier weather. Go. Damn. Gators.

Last edited:
Reactions: 101 people
Yeah, those Gator fans sure know suffering. It's not like they're ranked in the top 15 with a new coach or anything.

Reactions: 37 people
Talked to a UGA fan the other day who said the same thing.

"Butch is doing great. He needs more time. If you fire him the program will never recover."

I heard the same thing during Dooley's tenure.

Reactions: 16 people
They wanted Wade Houston to stay, they wanted Dooley to stay, now they want Butch to stay.

Hello ulterior motives.

"I care about the welfare of Tennessee football" - said no Gator fan ever

Reactions: 30 people
Did he miss the part where the players played well enough to win and he pooped his pants instead?

Reactions: 7 people

"Butch is doing great. He needs more time. If you fire him the program will never recover."

Remember when LSU fans said they'd trade Miles straight up for Dooley? The next year they were 13-0 and in the NC game. We were enduring a losing season for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Reactions: 10 people
I saw "your an idiot" in the first sentence and cringed, at multiple levels

I thought of this:

go-gata-o.gif

Reactions: 11 people
I know what he meant by it, but a Florida fan saying we weren't **** bf butch and dissing the power t just shows that fla fans really have no clue. I guess living in God's waiting room with senior citizens, the senility rubs off on you.

I know we may be hard on our team right now, but I don't wanna hear **** from some piece of white trash from Gainesville that has no clue. It's like talking **** ab my fam...i can do that, but the second you do, I'll realign your ****ing jaw.

Reactions: 6 people

UGA fans are screaming to fire Mark richt on Finebaum today.

Reactions: 5 people
Don't forget that Dooley was endorsed by "that Alabama head coach". These top tier SEC coaches need to keep the lower tier teams beat down so they can have a few "breather games"

Reactions: 3 people
Of course UF fans want Butch to stay around, cuz we're not beating them till after he's gone.

Reactions: 1 person
not a bad rant honestly. a lot of good points on many multiple levels. could have done with out the name calling. especially from a mother sucking, trailer loving, jean short, Yankee (most likely), gold chain wearing, socks with his sandals...carpetbagging, been a Gator fam since 'little Tebow' said her first post game prayer..dbag pos gator fan. Now sir, i say to YOU! Go buy YOURself a gators jersey at Publix YOU fairweather gator fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I don't know what the right answer is only from the sense that I don't know how many candidates would be spooked with how quickly Tennessee has sent coaches from multiple sports packing.

However, I am convinced Jones ain't the guy and, generally speaking, the longer you stick with the wrong guy, the worse things get

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back