What did Vic Wharton and Mike Bajakian know that we missed?

rocky top buzz

I have never heard a good explanation for why Vic Wharton would transfer after a freshman season where he played (and would be playing now). And the Bajakian deal never made sense, I can understand wanting to get into the NFL but surely a big season this year at UT would have gotten him a better job in the league. Why did he have to leave after last season?

Did we overlook these two moves as a sign of bigger problems?

Reactions: 1 person
I have never heard a good explanation for why Vic Wharton would transfer after a freshman season where he played (and would be playing now). And the Bajakian deal never made sense, I can understand wanting to get into the NFL but surely a big season this year at UT would have gotten him a better job in the league. Why did he have to leave after last season?

Last year everybody here wanted CMB gone. I am not sure that he left by choice, although I have heard that he has always wanted to be in the NFL.

I'm sure the opportunity to work with the #1 overall pick didn't hurt.

bajakian has to be feeling real good right about now to get out of this dumpster fire

There is a new number 1 pick every year and most years it is a QB. I just wonder if it is like Dooleys 3rd year where the DC left and we got sunseri. Those guys are in the meeting rooms every day, would love to catch one in an honest moment.

It's right there in front of everyone's face. Have you seen the practices where Butch runs around screaming and cliche'ing all practice long in a microphone? Have you ever seen any other coach in the country do that?

Think Saban and Meyer do that? Hell, think McElwain does that? No! They let their coordinators coach and they oversee. It's overbearing and coaches want no part of working for an overbearing control freak, see Bajakian.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 people
It's right there in front of everyone's face. Have you seen the practices where Butch runs around screaming and cliche'ing all practice long in a microphone? Have you ever seen any other coach in the country do that?

Think Saban and Meyer do that? Hell, think McElwain does that? No! They let their coordinators coach and a they oversee. It's overbearing and coaches want no part of working for an overbearing control freak, see Bajakian.

Overbearing control freak? You just described Saban

Reactions: 15 people
He sucked until he left...now he's the genius we lost. :w00t:

I never had a problem with Bajakian, I just felt Tennessee should stick with a pro style offense. Although for all arky has with their oline, they havent been a great team these past 2 years.

Vic Wharton left because he says Butch lied to him about several things. Most importantly, Butch lied to him about what number he could wear.....

Vic Wharton left because he says Butch lied to him about several things. Most importantly, Butch lied to him about what number he could wear.....

If that was the most important lie amongst many other lies, it's hard for me to give credence to the other lies.

He told him he could have the number he wanted, probably didn't tell him he could have it immediately as a freshman.

Maybe he read the signs and jumped ship similar to Wilcox.

One huge difference, Saban is a proven winner and his players dont seem to mind that much.

I wonder why...

giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 people

Think Saban and Meyer do that? Hell, think McElwain does that? No! They let their coordinators coach and a they oversee. It's overbearing and coaches want no part of working for an overbearing control freak, see Bajakian.

Spot on.. Dude is trying way too hard

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back