How can the season be salvaged?

titansvolsfaninga

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV
Short of blowing this thing up and starting over, what are some personnel changes that can be made to salvage the season?
Move Cam to nickel. Start Martin opposit Moseley. Move JRM to middle. Pur Kamara on PR.

This is NOT the way I would want to do it but you know Georgia will be stacking the box and coming after the QB since EVERYONE knows we can't complete a pass more than 15 yards downfield, but shouldn't we give Dormady some reps in this game. Ideally, he would have gotten some in the AR game but that didn't happen. At least with Dormady in there GA knows there is a threat of a pass completion, provided our WRs can hold on to the ball. If you don't loosen the D up against UGA we have zero chance--ZERO!:thud: In Dobbs defense, there were too many dropped passes so it's not all on him. It does amaze me though that there are not more creative plays to keep the defense guessing.

Reactions: 2 people
This is NOT the way I would want to do it but you know Georgia will be stacking the box and coming after the QB since EVERYONE knows we can't complete a pass more than 15 yards downfield, but shouldn't we give Dormady some reps in this game. Ideally, he would have gotten some in the AR game but that didn't happen. At least with Dormady in there GA knows there is a threat of a pass completion, provided our WRs can hold on to the ball. If you don't loosen the D up against UGA we have zero chance--ZERO!:thud: In Dobbs defense, there were too many dropped passes so it's not all on him. It does amaze me though that there are not more creative plays to keep the defense guessing.

rotate them in with the play every couple of snaps.

Stop the mass rotations of the wr's. Pearson caught two passes in a row and was lining up when he got rotated. There is no chance to work any rhythm between the qb and wr.

Reactions: 3 people
Always fun to start dreaming about next year when the current season isn't even halfway done. I vote we build an altar in circle park and start sacrificing different animals until this goes away.

Reactions: 3 people
Stop the mass rotations of the wr's. Pearson caught two passes in a row and was lining up when he got rotated. There is no chance to work any rhythm between the qb and wr.

Yes. This rotation nonsense is moronic.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think this season can be salvaged. Jones needed OK or FL and win all the games he was supposed (that includes Arky) to for this to be a decent year.

So the only possible way to salvage the season now is beating Ga or bammer and winning out. That would be 8-4 and it ain't gonna happen.

Salvaged? No scenario would necessarily salvage it short of winning out. However, a win over Georgia would be huge to make something out of it. If that were to happen, I think they would go 8-4

We need be running some kind of a 2 qb sytem with Dormady when we want to throw and Dobbs when we want to run.

We would have to beat bama. But there is no way that is going to happen. Kiffin will try and score 70 just to twist the knife a little deeper.

The only vaguely plausible way to save this god-forsaken season would be to win one of Georgia or Bama (or both) and then run the table from there. This would mean an 8-4 finish, with a win over one of the big three and a trip to a somewhat respectable bowl game. Dream on, or don't, it's too painful.

More likely is that the wheels completely fall off over the next three weeks, and a death spiral ensues, including a loss to Kentucky or Vandy.

The best outcome would be to defenestrate this huckster at the helm forthwith and bring in a competent staff that might be able to do something with the talent that the moron has improbably assembled. Frankly, it would be worth the 10M it will cost to pull the cord, but no one should expect this shortsighted administration to look at it this way.

"Salvaged", is a term that means different things to different people. We aren't winning the east. We aren't in the running for the east. This season is now abou:
1. going to a bowl
2. Improvement in team play this season.
3. Prepping for 2016.

4 total losses would be respectable and a good step in the right direction.

Secret is out on Dobbs. He can't throw. The coaching staff has tried to hide him then bent to pressure to throw more last night. If they're going to stick with him then the game plan needs to be like they had against Fla (except the last 2 drives).

I'd get Dormady some snaps and hope Jancek and Martinez learn to coach in the next 7 games. There's a reason they were let go at UGA.

Best case scenario, Butch is gone and we announce that we have written chip Kelly a blank check.

Short of blowing this thing up and starting over, what are some personnel changes that can be made to salvage the season?
Move Cam to nickel. Start Martin opposit Moseley. Move JRM to middle. Pur Kamara on PR.

Play Jennings on defense since he's apparently the best tackler on the team. He's like Carl Pickens but not afraid to hit

Let QD play more at QB. Dobbs can still start but QD gives us more of a passing threat - at least until he gets coached down

If Dobbs is going to QB then play back up linemen at WR since all they are there for is to block. I think crowder and Blair need game playing time

Butch needs to make some tough decisions regarding staff and scheme. Make the changes now and move on. It won't be the first time UT completely changed course mid season. Last time resulted in a 5 game winning streak to close the season -- that would be as close to "salvage" as we can hope for right now

Best case scenario, Butch is gone and we announce that we have written chip Kelly a blank check.

I don't know if this is humor, hope, hubris. ...maybe a little of each.

You have to know at a cellular level Kelly is not coming here, right?

Salvaged? No scenario would necessarily salvage it short of winning out. However, a win over Georgia would be huge to make something out of it. If that were to happen, I think they would go 8-4

The Vols ain't beating UGA....no way no how!!! They will load the box knowing Astro cannot pass over 10-15 yards. Hurd will be lucky to get 75 yards.

Hurts like a MO-FO.

VN Store

Back