Twitter from the days before CBJ was hired

Rocky-Top 10EC

@CoachJonesUC DO NOT COME TO TENNESSEE! YOU WILL ONLY BE FIRED IN 3 YEARS. STAY WHERE YOU ARE. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STAY AT UC!
Josh Parrott@Joshes_Blog
15 hours ago
ReplyRetweetFavorite
tsp4vols
@CoachJonesUC STAY AT UC!!!!!!! VOL NATION DONT WANT U AND WONT SUPPORT YOU!!!!!!!!!!
greg@tsp4vols
10 hours ago
ReplyRetweetFavorite
SportsNewsTN
@CoachJonesUC We don't want you here, plain and simple. Nothing personal, but you're not the man for the job. #Vols
Tennessee Sports@SportsNewsTN
11 hours ago
ReplyRetweetFavorite
rogletrf
@VinceSports @coachjonesuc please go somewhere else and stop the dooley2 era before it starts
Robert Ogle@rogletrf
11 hours ago
ReplyRetweetFavorite
RockyTopD
@CoachJonesUC. Don't come 2 UT man,we don't want u! If u can't beat Dooley your not for us!#NotProven
D.Hyder@RockyTopD
11 hours ago
ReplyRetweetFavorite
epsilonomega
RT @Whyte_Bread: @coachjonesuc you aint ****, stay in cincy
Cameron@epsilonomega
10 hours ago
ReplyRetweetFavorite
Cmpugg
@CoachJonesUC Knoxville is the worst city in country for spring allergies. Think about that

Spring allergies. Lol. We were all disappointed when the hire was made. We new we needed a bigger name or a more exciting up and comer type. Then he came in and worked incredibly hard at recruiting and win most of us over really. But seeing the terrible game management and decisions in his time here has made me realized recruiting isn't all that important. We should first aspire to have a great coach. Ut gets a lot of those kids just by being ut.

Reactions: 4 people
I tweeted things I'm not proud of but not to Jones. Mine was to Charlie Strong. And while I may had been right that Strong would be over his head. It was immature to tweet that stuff. Besides how many people tweet that to coaches and they turn out to be great. Had Twitter been around when Saban was hired at LSU from Michigan St what foolish tweets would have been sent?

I had some tweets at coach Jones that were stronger than some of those listed above. And I still stand by them.

Reactions: 1 person
Spring allergies. Lol. We were all disappointed when the hire was made. We new we needed a bigger name or a more exciting up and comer type. Then he came in and worked incredibly hard at recruiting and win most of us over really. But seeing the terrible game management and decisions in his time here has made me realized recruiting isn't all that important. We should first aspire to have a great coach. Ut gets a lot of those kids just by being ut.

Why sure..we can just keep the in state 3* players with an occasional 4* and be like Vandy.....UT is in the SEC unless you haven't heard...BAMA, AUBURN,Georgia, Florida,LSU, who get kids because of just who they are???

Bingo ... we have a winner !!!

Coaching is what makes successful football teams not high profile recruits. There are numerous coaches out there that do not recruit at Tennessee's level (based on the national recruiting services ratings) but they excel on the field because they know how to "coach 'em up" and are excellent game day coaches.

I sincerely hope Butch has the self confidence to hire some new coaching talent and that he is able to gain a better "feel" for game management. If not, it's hard to believe that he will be successful at Tennessee.

It's "not important" until it falls then you and your ilk are whining about it.

It's "not important" until it falls then you and your ilk are whining about it.

First off...change your name man. That's a joke. Secondly, would Michigan state beat us now? How about Utah. Or Baylor. Or tcu. How man 5*'s do they have combined. As many as us? Recruiting is important. But not as important as coaching. The great coaches do both well. But give me a great coach and decent recruiter and we'll be good to go

Why sure..we can just keep the in state 3* players with an occasional 4* and be like Vandy.....UT is in the SEC unless you haven't heard...BAMA, AUBURN,Georgia, Florida,LSU, who get kids because of just who they are???

We've been producing tons of 4 and 5 * players in recent years. An average recruiter could keep most of them here

First off...change your name man. That's a joke. Secondly, would Michigan state beat us now? How about Utah. Or Baylor. Or tcu. How man 5*'s do they have combined. As many as us? Recruiting is important. But not as important as coaching. The great coaches do both well. But give me a great coach and decent recruiter and we'll be good to go

Never going to change my name...try to get over it. :yu: Give us a realistic name and quit with the fantasy sequences...maybe somebody will stop laughing and take you seriously. :lol:

try to get holgerson again

with the talent level up and baylor and tcu kickin ass he might come

Uh, no, they weren't. Who in the blue hell thought that this was a good hire three years ago?

Before he was hired? No one. After he was hired? Many talked themselves into it like many of us seem to do,out of a desire to just be hopeful and roll with it.

Twitter from the days after CBJ was hired....

@WVLTdaryl: Of 127 FBS schools, 6 have led by 13+ every game. Florida St, Baylor, LSU, Navy, Temple & Tennessee.The Vols are 2-3. Those others are 20-0.

VN Store

Back