J. Smith is our best receiver.

Agreed. He makes some quality catches early in games but then you don't get to see him. J Smith is our best receiving threat. Good hands too.

Reactions: 3 people
Our paasing game has a combo of bad qb throws, terrible passing schemes, bad wr coaching and azzani sucks nuts.

Reactions: 4 people
We is all about timing. Crisp route running, a pocket by the OL, and a throw by the QB to were its catchable only to the WR. We're not insync and it shows. Our WR don't run good routes. Malone isn't reliable. I'd go deep with Von before him. Smith is reliable because he runs good routes.

Reactions: 3 people
Where the heck is North? He has been mia all year.

J Smith was the best receiver last year too. Too bad though, cause with this staff we won't have a passing game.

I don't want to see malone on the field anymore this year

Malone is the WR version of "look like Tarzan, play like Jane." He has all the physical tools but he can't do anything with them. He plays soft. He is the most overrated player on the team.

I thought our receiving corp was STOUT heading into this year. Then Pig Howard gets in trouble, North sprained his knee for the 8th time drinking orange juice in the morning, Croom got hurt again, Malone has not been very good. Pearson and Smith are pretty much it. Losing Howard--and I don't even know what the issue is with him anymore--has really hurt. The passing game is just disjointed. I thought Dobbs threw the ball pretty well in the first half. Williams will be good--but he fumbles and costs us a probably touchdown. And so it goes. Last week we hardly threw a pass; this week we threw 40.

Guys this WR core is not losing based on talent. Its strictly coaching and techniques. Watched the game and some UT vs OU/Fla film with Shawn Jefferson. 1st thing 1st he laughs at the stance, 2nd he identified flawz on top of flaws in the techniques being used. Azzani has never peoduced a WR to the NFL anywhere he's been. Hisbest product he's produced was the white kid at Wisconsin Abbrederis and he and Smith are clones of each other. He has to go.

Reactions: 10 people
Yeah since Pig and North are injured. Other than that I'd definitely take him over Malone. I don't know about dude.

Marquez North cannot escape injury. It's followed him around since high school. J Smith has been the most consistent WR the past 2 years.

VN Store

Back