Dormady Time?

Johnny Majors' Ghost

Legionnaire of the Miserable
I know it may sound foolish with Dobbs' scrambling ability. But with ZERO threat of a passing game maybe it wouldn't be such a bad move. I've seen enough of both to know who the better passer is at this stage in their development. Dobbs is a Junior and will not suddenly become a premier passer next year. Dormady would give UT that threat I believe and would greatly assist the improvement of the Hurd/Kamara running attack.

Reactions: 8 people
I'm not sure. Dobb's kept TN in that game with his legs and was the most valuable offensive weapon. Our OL would have crumbled with a "pocket passer". Dormady isn't slow, but can't escape like Dobbs.

It's saddening to see so much WR talent wasted right now.

Reactions: 12 people
There's some epic over reactions on here tonight, but you sir have the finest overreaction of all - congrats!

Reactions: 13 people
I know it may sound foolish with Dobbs' scrambling ability. But with ZERO threat of a passing game maybe it wouldn't be such a bad move. I've seen enough of both to know who the better passer is at this stage in their development. Dobbs is a Junior and will not suddenly become a premier passer next year. Dormady would give UT that threat I believe and would greatly assist the improvement of the Hurd/Kamara running attack.

Dormady is the perfect mold of QB of what Debord and Butch want for the offense, but you don't not play Dobbs. The guy is a gamer, and it's up to the coaches to make it work.

Reactions: 4 people

Dobbs' ability to pass down the field is hampered by our terrible pass blocking o line. He was pretty much the reason we were even in a position to win that game tonight. No. As bad as our offense was tonight, I don't think having a true freshman running the offense would do anything to improve it.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think benching Dobbs is the answer for this season, but I do wonder how many 5* receivers are going to want to commit to a team that doesn't throw.

Reactions: 6 people
Whatever it takes to win games. I'm watching Ole Piss now. Their receivers are lighting it up. They mix run and pass well and aren't chicken $:it to go downfield.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe with Debord's "experience" we can just run the veer from here on out. If the passing game continues to be nonexistent why would a qb switch seem so far fetched?

It doesn't matter if Peyton were to come back in his prime right now. This O-Line combined with this coaching is going to make the passing game struggle against good defenses.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think benching Dobbs is the answer for this season, but I do wonder how many 5* receivers are going to want to commit to a team that doesn't throw.

Zero should. They should stay as far away from Butch and Azzani as possible if they know what's good for their careers.

I've always felt that Dobbs should have been moved to receiver. But without any meaningful game experience (that's on the coaches for not letting him actually work the playbook last week), I don't think you replace Dobbs. As much as I would like to because he's not a good quarterback, you can't do it with Arkansas and Georgia the next two weeks.

I'm not sure. Dobb's kept TN in that game with his legs and was the most valuable offensive weapon. Our OL would have crumbled with a "pocket passer". Dormady isn't slow, but can't escape like Dobbs.

It's saddening to see so much WR talent wasted right now.

Yep. The offense did well against the Great Florida Defense. Our defense broke down again in the 4th.

Dobbs was set up to fail in the passing game today like he has been all season with our scheme/playcalling. He gave his all today, sacrificing his body on multiple occasions. He deserves better like the rest of the players.

I didn't necessarily mean right now. But if we go ofer in the next 3 game and the passing game doesn't progress it be time to at least consider it.

At least the rest of the country will see how Dobbs balled out on Sportscenter, while the Butch sheep on here blame him for the loss.

Reactions: 2 people
Damit why are people blaming dobbs? We only threw the ball down the field more than 10 yards once or twice the whole game. He doesn't call the plays! If the coaches have him throw 25 yard crossing or sideline shot every 10 offensive plays, we'd have win the game by 21 points. Hell if they just let him throw in our second to last possession, we almost certainly get the first down and win. Dobbs is a good qb. We don't use him. We should want to bench jones...not dobbs

Dobbs' ability to pass down the field is hampered by our terrible pass blocking o line. He was pretty much the reason we were even in a position to win that game tonight. No. As bad as our offense was tonight, I don't think having a true freshman running the offense would do anything to improve it.

I agree! The O-Line coach has had 3 years and they still suck. He should be fired.

Dooley's O-Line was better and they sucked.

VN Store

Back