Austin Smith.....next Cam Sutton?

Dobbs 4 Heisman

If you read Jimmy Hyams blog, he's reporting that the coaches are "very very very high" on Austin Smith. They view him as a future 1st or 2nd round pick. Not bad for a 3 star recruit.

Expect the defense to not miss a beat while Curt recovers. This kid is a bonafide superstar.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
If you read Jimmy Hymans blog, he's reporting that the coaches are "very very very high" on Austin Smith. They view him as a future 1st or 2nd round pick. Not bad for a 3 star recruit.

Expect the defense to not miss a beat while Curt recovers. This kid is a bonafide superstar.

They were high on Jumper as well right?..

Yeah..

Reactions: 20 people
If you read Jimmy Hymans blog, he's reporting that the coaches are "very very very high" on Austin Smith. They view him as a future 1st or 2nd round pick. Not bad for a 3 star recruit.

Swain said he was the real deal when he committed. Said he was a NFL caliber type of player and way under rated. Hope they are right.

Reactions: 1 person
He definitely looks the part. He's s physical specimen

He definitely passes the eye test. No clue how he was a consensus 3 star recruit. He physically looked more impressive in high school than Kirkland and Sapp who were both 4 stars.

The recruiting are good in general but man do they have some epic misses.

Austin was a steal for UT. My cousin is a senior at Buford High School this year and I've watched Austin his last 2 seasons. IMO he was the best player on a defense that dominated their competition. I expect great things from him this year.

Reactions: 2 people
I do hope that Austin Smith lives up to all the praise,that would be great,time will tell

You don't replace a very good to great 5th year Senior with a true Freshman and not skip a beat. Maggitt is a much better DE then LB imo so who replaces him there? Will Phillips step up? Vereen has never been better then average.

Bonafide superstar? He hasnt even taken a snap yet. People thought Preston Williams was going to set the SEC on fire and has yet to even make a catch.

Reactions: 2 people
I remember seeing him in the Oklahoma game. He lined up out on the wrong side and JRM was yelling at him and giving him hell to get to the other side. He definitely didn't look like a frosh physically.

VN Store

Back