Butch Jones has a low football IQ

MurphyVol

Laughable at the hand wringing we did over Von's status, North's (non) season ending injury. They might as well not be here because they are invisible in this offense.

2 games into he season and North has 9 yards. Let that sink in

Pig, North, Croom, Wolf, Hurd, Kamara, Malone, Smith...one wonders what they would look like if they had a competent coach that could get them the ball in space.

Preston Williams is probably researching transfer rules right now.

I have hated our last 3 hires. With the way Butch has recruited, I was starting to think I was wrong.

Zook 2.0

Reactions: 46 people
Laughable at the hand wringing we did over Von's status, North's (non) season ending injury. They might as well not be here because they are invisible in this offense.

Pig, North, Croom, Wolf, Hurd, Kamara, Malone, Smith...one wonders what they would look like if they had a competent coach that could get them the ball in space.

I have hated our last 3 hires. With the way Butch has recruited, I was starting to think I was wrong.

Zook 2.0

Why would any offensive skill player want to come here? Unless we are behind our strategy is to assume the fetal position.

Reactions: 8 people

Zook 2.0

Just hoping at this point we can hire our Urban Meyer after another year or a 2.

Reactions: 4 people
Yep, Vol fans have a huge problem. We have a salesman who cannot coach and three running backs with no QB for a passing attack.

Reactions: 6 people
Cbj played in the band.. when has a band member ever won in sports..

Wake up tn we sux until hart Jones n cheek r fired

Reactions: 6 people
1st off. Did you see how Dobbs played tonight? Crappy! North is still not 100% and it is painfully obvious watching him. Croom is still out, and Pig can't stay out of the dog house.

Reactions: 3 people

Zook 2.0

That's an insult to Ron Zook. Hell he took a team to the Rose Bowl.

Reactions: 7 people
Honestly I had a terrible feeling when he basically said "We can't get one yard for a TD" in the first. You telling me Hurd can't power his way for a yard?! Seriously?

Reactions: 30 people
It's a shame. Butch is a great recruiter, he gets the tradition and history of the program, and he seems like a good dude. However he just doesn't seem to be a good game day coach. No way we should of lost last year against UF and we dam sure shouldn't of lost tonight. Until he proves otherwise, he doesn't have what it takes to win on game day. The better team lost today but the better coaches won, and I hate Bob Stoops. Hopefully he can prove me wrong with the rest of the season.

Reactions: 18 people
There will be talking heads on the radio talking about Oklahoma's stifling defense. Since when did that dictate run tackle right,left,right,left etc with 1 yd and a cloud of dust. i thought i had seen the worst against florida last year but this was worse. i have little confidence in Coach jones at this point.....sorry

Here comes the fire butch mob. HE HAD TO COMPLETELY REBUILD A PROGRAM!!! Same results next year and then I will agree. 2016 has been our year for success since the beginning, NOT 15'!!! By the way, the season has just begun and how many of you seriously had us beating Okie this year, at the end of last years game against them? We can still easily be a 9-3 team this year!!!!

Reactions: 17 people
Honestly I had a terrible feeling when he basically said "We can't get one yard for a TD" in the first. You telling me Hurd can't power his way for a yard?! Seriously?

Yeah I'm sure it's been beaten to death, but why in the world do you go power with Kamara instead of Hurd when it's 3rd and 1 on the goal line??

Reactions: 22 people
I'm getting too old to waste my time on this $h!+ anymore. I'll catch the highlights on ESPN if I hear they win a game of significant importance. Other than that, I once again reserve my Saturday's for something more meaningful than this garbage we saw tonight.

Reactions: 21 people
Look: The first problem was that our blocking broke down after the first quarter. They were bringing people and we could not get them blocked. We gained 50 yards on the first two plays of the second half--and then I'm not sure we gained 20 yards the rest of the game. We had SO many negative 1st down plays in the second half--at least half a dozen or close to it. OU has a very good defense; you can't handicap yourself with negative first down plays.

Second: It was obvious in the Bowling Green game that our passing game was still shaky--and I said after that game that if the passing game doesn't get better we are going to have problems because you just can't run it on good defenses. Well, the passing game stunk tonight and it's the reason we lost.

Third: The play-calling and the execution were terrible. DeBord was bad. Not creative enough, and not enough short, quick passes; no misdirection. We suxed. Pig Howard did NOT catch a pass until OT--our most reliable receiver had one catch for the game. Pearson--1 catch. North--1 catch. TE: did he have more than one catch? Ellis drops a TD pass that probably would have won the game. I said multiple times during the game that we need to get Kamara out of the backfield and throw him the ball: I think we did that 1 time--again, in OT! So in OT we started to do what we should have done all game. Dobbs was not good--but he was under a TON of pressure for most of the game and I don't think our receivers are very good at getting open. But that is another reason why you must THROW short. Get the ball to Howard and Kamara and let them try to break a tackle and get 5-7 yards. That would sure beat losing 5 yards on first down. We played a pretty good offensive first quarter and then just imploded. The offensive line played like they did last year--but it's also true that DeBord needs to find plays that gain yardage, plays that counter what the opponent is doing. And he did not do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Here comes the fire butch mob. HE HAD TO COMPLETELY REBUILD A PROGRAM!!! Same results next year and then I will agree. 2016 has been our year for success since the beginning, NOT 15'!!! By the way, the season has just begun and how many of you seriously had us beating Okie this year, at the end of last years game against them? We can still easily be a 9-3 team this year!!!!

Butch sucks man. Sorry but the evidence is all there.

Zook 2.0

you get it. it's a shame the rest of volnation doesn't have a clue.

Reactions: 5 people
Yeah, I hate to say it but when he hired Debord, my gut told me he didn't have a clue. He's a good small school coach but it is becoming evident that he is in over his head.

Reactions: 5 people
There will be talking heads on the radio talking about Oklahoma's stifling defense. Since when did that dictate run tackle right,left,right,left etc with 1 yd and a cloud of dust. i thought i had seen the worst against florida last year but this was worse. i have little confidence in Coach jones at this point.....sorry

Reminds me of the later Fulmer years all over again. Then the wonderful Dooley days when we had no other choice.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back