Freak's Night Before the Bowling Green Game admittedly off topic thread

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Who knew this thread would quickly become a VolNation favorite? With all the requests I've gotten, I figured I'd post it now, even though I'll be out for a while.

It's hard to believe the season is upon us. I don't know about you guys, but it seems like we've beaten every single topic into the ground this summer--even more than usual. I'm excited we'll finally have some football to discuss.

So let's hear about your plans for tonight and the rest of the holiday weekend.

Anyone hitting up an area high school game of interest tonight?

Watching football at home? If so, which games?

What's on the menu for tomorrow?

For those heading to the game, when are you leaving? Any pregame plans tomorrow?

If you are going to the game, I'd love to have everyone post pics here--of the trip, the pregame, whatever. I plan to leave tomorrow morning and I'll try to post some.

So use this thread to hang out and chat about whatever. If it's like most years, I know many of us will have the first-game jitters and won't be able to sleep much, so I expect this thread to be active well into the morning.

It's time.

Go Vols!

COFyRhWWgAApbCg.jpg

Reactions: 44 people
I'm eating cheez-itz and watching Charlotte @ Georgia St.
Followed by more cheez-itz and then the Mich. St game.

Reactions: 4 people
I know many of us will have the first-game jitters and won't be able to sleep much,

Sort of like Christmas, ain't it?

Reactions: 7 people

I'm anxious to see how that Michigan State game looks on television. That stadium is tiny.

I know many of us will have the first-game jitters and won't be able to sleep much,

Sort of like Christmas, ain't it?

Something like that. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Who knew this thread would quickly become a VolNation favorite? With all the requests I've gotten, I figured I'd post it now, even though I'll be out for a while.

It's hard to believe the season is upon us. I don't know about you guys, but it seems like we've beaten every single topic into the ground this summer--even more than usual. I'm excited we'll finally have some football to discuss.

So let's hear about your plans for tonight and the rest of the holiday weekend.

Anyone hitting up an area high school game of interest tonight?

Watching football at home? If so, which games?

What's on the menu for tomorrow?

For those heading to the game, when are you leaving? Any pregame plans tomorrow?

If you are going to the game, I'd love to have everyone post pics here--of the trip, the pregame, whatever. I plan to leave tomorrow morning and I'll try to post some.

So use this thread to hang out and chat about whatever. If it's like most years, I know many of us will have the first-game jitters and won't be able to sleep much, so I expect this thread to be active well into the morning.

It's time.

Go Vols!

Just whom gave you permission?

Reactions: 3 people
I will trek to the alumni watching party in Frisco (about ten miles away). Always good to have lots of Vols around.

Reactions: 2 people
I just picked up 12 egg rolls from China house, Will eat all 12. Home alone this weekend. I am going to leave the toilet seat up when I want, Eat as much ice cream that I want. Turn my big screen on tomorrow turn on the Vega surround sound as loud as I want. Yell anything I want without censorship. Watch my Vols beat the snot out of BG. I will drink as many blue moons as I want. Go to bed when I want. Pretty much just do what I want. (That is until Monday morning. Then I have to wake up early so I can clean up from my do "what I want weekend." Like it never happened, before family comes home sometime Monday afternoon)Going to be the best weekend ever!

Last edited:
Reactions: 30 people
I'm gonna shoot guns with my friends in the morning and watch football in the afternoon. If I dont feel manly after that, I may try to crush some beer cans on my head.

Reactions: 15 people
I will be watching the University of Jack Daniels play agains Coka Cola A&M. I just love it when those schools get together. Hopefully the game goes into overtime and last a good while through the night! =D

Reactions: 3 people
Going to the game, I live in Nashville. Going to be on Broadway around noon and bar hop with my Vol brethren until kickoff. Should be a lot of fun, different type tailgate experience.

Watching Charlotte/GSU as well...been a pretty sloppy game, but I'm sure a lot of that has to do with it being week 1 as no game I've seen thus far has actually not been sloppy.

Reactions: 1 person
My son is headed to Nashville. He said he is sharing a room with one guy and seven girls and one of the girls is the other guy's girlfriend.

Reactions: 2 people
So I'm waiting on my fiance to get home so we can go get her an orange dress for the game tomorrow. When we moved to Texas mid season last year, she got rid of a bunch of clothes to save space. Now we're back in K-town and she's gotta replenish...

Going to watch my 16 year old cheer at her high school football game with the family. Then I'll come home an overdose on Benedryl so I can sleep tonight.

VN Store

Back