Coleman to NFL

CMvol

Justin Coleman signed a one-year deal with the New England Patriots..

God for him. So that makes it two players from last class getting on a NFL team.

:good!::good!:

Reactions: 21 people
He put up pretty good numbers at the combine if memory serves. Good luck to him. Good place to try to develop I guess.

Don't get me wrong since Coleman always gave his all and is a VFl,but I just never saw much NFL talent from him. Seems like all season he was getting burned downfield.

Reactions: 3 people
Don't get me wrong since Coleman always gave his all and is a VFl,but I just never saw much NFL talent from him. Seems like all season he was getting burned downfield.
Please post your contact info as the Patriots will want to contact you about replacing CBB!

Reactions: 13 people
Please post your contact info as the Patriots will want to contact you about replacing CBB!

You can make the jokes all you want, but Coleman was burned extremely often during his career. He's in the NFL based off his athleticism, and some coach hoping they can develop his skills. But if Willie Martinez couldn't get much of anything out of him, not sure if anyone else can either.

Reactions: 3 people

You must be having flashbacks of the season of Sunseri

Well as a Pats fan, I'm pleasantly surprised. He wont make the 53, but I'm glad he's getting a shot. The Pats have taken some total unknowns and
turned them into servicable DBs.

Coleman was terrible while here imo. He shouldn't have played last year. He just doesn't have sec speed...let alone nfl speed. He reminded me of Marsalis Teague

Reactions: 1 person
You can make the jokes all you want, but Coleman was burned extremely often during his career. He's in the NFL based off his athleticism, and some coach hoping they can develop his skills. But if Willie Martinez couldn't get much of anything out of him, not sure if anyone else can either.

Hey, he'll be developing under Belichick and in the Patriots culture, so he'll get some of the best cheating instruction you can find.

Reactions: 4 people

So youre thinking Martinez is better than most in the NFL at getting production out of players? Interesting.

Reactions: 4 people
Well as a Pats fan, I'm pleasantly surprised. He wont make the 53, but I'm glad he's getting a shot. The Pats have taken some total unknowns and
turned them into servicable DBs.

I'm confused. Didn't the teams just cut their rosters down to 53? So, Justin Martin was either signed to the 53 man roster or he was signed to the practice squad, right? But nothing I read mentions him being signed to the practice squad (and wouldn't the team that cut him, the Vikings, have the first option for that?).

Reactions: 2 people
so two of our UDFA have made rosters..and Jordan Williams is still on the Jets roster..Simms and Moore were cut though

so two of our UDFA have made rosters..and Jordan Williams is still on the Jets roster..Simms and Moore were cut though

Who is the other UDFA? I know about Justin Coleman & Jordan Williams. Who's the other one I'm missing from last season?

Darr made the Dolphins

Yeah well actually that was a stroke of luck that rarely ever happens. I'm happy for Darr, but Brandon
Fields is one of the best punters in the league, he was a victim of the cap. Nobody beat him out of his job.

I'm confused. Didn't the teams just cut their rosters down to 53? So, Justin Martin was either signed to the 53 man roster or he was signed to the practice squad, right? But nothing I read mentions him being signed to the practice squad (and wouldn't the team that cut him, the Vikings, have the first option for that?).

In the process, but teams have until tomorrow afternoon to trim to 53. Coleman will be on the practice squad.

Reactions: 1 person
Everyone trashing Coleman...yes, he struggled on the outside but was very solid at the nickel last year. This is where he will play in NFL

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back